Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Il be fine I think in every subject , but I just don't know about maths , did ol and just bricking it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I did OL too and I agree it was very different to how we were prepared.

Chemistry was the most different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I'm interested to see how I did in biology :) thought the paper was different than other years :cool:

Edit: and maths.. Failed the mocks so just hoping for a D3 :P

Chemistry has to contend for the worst. The same fella had drawn it up for the past 10 - 15 years so the papers were predictable as fúck.

His wife died this year and someone else drew it up for the first time.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

what time do you usually get them by post? or they don't bother posting them?

• Advertisement

You collect them from the school

Chemistry has to contend for the worst.

It was my most confident exam :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

ahmdoda wrote: »
    what time do you usually get them by post? or they don't bother posting them?

Usually when the postman comes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Blu_flamez

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Usually when the postman comes :pac:

LOL! I found that funnier than I should have.

It was my most confident exam :confused:

Oh yea I ****ing loved it because I had put a lot of time and knew a load of the small things they brought up but from an objective stand point it was as different as two chemistry papers could be and anybody who was hoping on prediction and routine was undoubtedly fúcked over royally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Oh yea I ****ing loved it because I had put a lot of time and knew a load of the small things they brought up but from an objective stand point it was as different as two chemistry papers could be and anybody who was hoping on prediction and routine was undoubtedly fúcked over royally.

I honestly don't know how it went....
    I was hoping for an A1 as per usual but It was way to weird..... B2 please God!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Anything 300+ please!

I have my driving test the following morning (also my birthday), so no shenanigans for me that night. Do have a drink (and a pray) for me everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I'm pretty sure that no matter what I get, I'll be unhappy, I have ridiculous expectations.
    I would love the 625, but I think it's more likely I get around 570-ish because far too many of my exams were on the verge between grades, and some were just tragic. Curse my laziness. I have my course though so it'll all turn out fine in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I'm pretty sure that no matter what I get, I'll be unhappy, I have ridiculous expectations.
    I would love the 625, but I think it's more likely I get around 570-ish because far too many of my exams were on the verge between grades, and some were just tragic. Curse my laziness. I have my course though so it'll all turn out fine in the end.

UGHHH :rolleyes:

Sorry, I shall hide in the corner for a while :P

Sorry, I shall hide in the corner for a while :P

I dont even know how to reply to your pevious message, Iwant to sympathise and at the same time give out/strangle you (not really but you get the jist) :P

You could sympathize while shouting if that helps? Or give out in a sympathetic tone of voice. I shall accept both graciously :)

You could sympathize while shouting if that helps? Or give out in a sympathetic tone of voice. I shall accept both graciously :)

YOU KNOW YOU DID GREAT AND SAYING YOU'D BE UNHAPPY WITH 570 IS JUST SHOWING OFF! BUT ALL IN ALL I'M SURE YOU DID GREAT GRRRRRRRRR

I thank thee! :D Nah, I honestly will be annoyed with myself results day though no matter what I get, I do not want the day to exist, everyone's expectations of what you're going to get freak me out too much.

Quiet down ye. We cant have in fighting within the NUIG's already.

• Advertisement

I thank thee! :D Nah, I honestly will be annoyed with myself results day though no matter what I get, I do not want the day to exist, everyone's expectations of what you're going to get freak me out too much.

And what, 625 is a normal expectaion, everyone elses just seem so much more higher and intimidating :rolleyes:

Quiet down ye. We cant have in fighting within the NUIG's already.

But corvo, you have already threatened me :eek:

Shes right. 625 is an unrealistic expectation.

I use violence to get all my messages through

HugsiePie wrote: »
    And what, 625 is a normal expectaion, everyone elses just seem so much more higher and intimidating :rolleyes:

It is me knowing I probably won't get that much even if I'd want it, but everyone is expecting it of me as it is, so results day will be disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

It's all about personal aims though, if someone fails in their aim then they are going to be disappointed and they are perfectly entitled to be.

Shes right. 625 is an unrealistic expectation.

I use violence to get all my messages through

But no fighting? I am getting mixed messages :pac:

It's all about personal aims though, if someone fails in their aim then they are going to be disappointed and they are perfectly entitled to be.

It is this, I could not have said this better.

But any maximum is an unrealistic aim because realistically very few people get the maximum.

That being said in the back of everyones head is the wish to get the most possible points. The system dosent work so well if that wasnt in our competitive nature.

And Fork look at it this way. How did the superpowers stop nuclear war?

I misunderstood the message, I thought he meant that everyone else was aiming so high that he wanted 625 because of it, not his relatives/teachers/friends expectations of him

But still 570 IS A WHOOPER! I think les than 1 percent get over 560 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

i'm already feeling ashamed of my results, thanks boards :D

Advertisement