Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

pathway33 wrote: »
    stats from the newspaper. Higher Business A's down to 10.8% from 11.4% in 2012

Higher Business honours down to 70.5% from 71.3% in 2012

Higher Business failure rate up to 7.1% from 6.8% in 2012

I got an A1 last year but now I got a B1.. didnt expect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

Got 595 which is more than enough for Theoretical Physics in TCD

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Blu_flamez

I decided to definitely view my scripts. I got 4 A2s.....FOUR!! >:-(
    And those A2s came from subjects that I've been getting A1s in for the last two years. I felt it went so well on the day and to see this just feels like some kind of injustice has been done.
    The difference between te 2 grades is huge like so hopefully I'll at least get 20 points out of it.
    My place in Scotland is already confirmed but until I know that my scripts were at least marked fairly, I won't be satisfied =\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Blu_flamez wrote: »
    I decided to definitely view my scripts. I got 4 A2s.....FOUR!! >:-(
    And those A2s came from subjects that I've been getting A1s in for the last two years. I felt it went so well on the day and to see this just feels like some kind of injustice has been done.
    The difference between te 2 grades is huge like so hopefully I'll at least get 20 points out of it.
    My place in Scotland is already confirmed but until I know that my scripts were at least marked fairly, I won't be satisfied =\

3 A2's for me and a B1 I was sure was an A1, I'm 100% with you with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

3 A2's for me and a B1 I was sure was an A1, I'm 100% with you with this.

Oh My results was so unlike me! Definitely going to appeal them all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Jonathanod

This might be a stupid question so my apologies in advance. If I got 400 points and my first choice course was 300 in 2011 and 325 in 2012 - do you reckon I'm in a good position?

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Jonathanod wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question so my apologies in advance. If I got 400 points and my first choice course was 300 in 2011 and 325 in 2012 - do you reckon I'm in a good position?

Thanks guys :)

The max I reckon it could go up to is 360 so you are home and dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jonathanod

The max I reckon it could go up to is 360 so you are home and dry!

Cheers for that :D The waiting would kill yea! Roll on Monday at 6am I wont sleep a wink :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Blu_flamez

This may sound like a stupid question so sorry in advance. You know how we hand in our script viewing forms to whatever location is printed on it (my school in my case), will they be open to take the forms this weekend aswell or would I have to wait until Monday?
    I ask this because I'm going away tomorrow night and I'm not sure if I should let my mum drop it off for me on Monday >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Got 505 and I'm five points off Psychology in UL :( It went down from 515 to 510 last year but who knows how things will work out on Monday. If it remains at 510 then I'll be appealing as many as five results, I was confident I got a B1 in Irish and ended up with a B3 while I think I may have got an A1 in Geography as opposed to an A2 so I guess I'll just have to review and see. Otherwise it's Psychology and Sociology for me as my next choice.

Was absolutely convinced I got a B1 in Irish and also got a B3!
    Was also confident on the A in English but a lot of my year fell three to four grades from what they expected to get in it, I still managed a B1 but thought I'd done better:/
    Thought I had an A in history too and once more got caught in the B1s, and to top it all off, I'm five points off my first choice (DN600 BCL Law UCD) having ended up with 490, I'm praying it falls

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Blu_flamez wrote: »
    This may sound like a stupid question so sorry in advance. You know how we hand in our script viewing forms to whatever location is printed on it (my school in my case), will they be open to take the forms this weekend aswell or would I have to wait until Monday?
    I ask this because I'm going away tomorrow night and I'm not sure if I should let my mum drop it off for me on Monday >.<

Most schools are not open at the weekend, but they will be open til about 4 today. Otherwise ask your mother to do it Monday.
    The kids in our school filled the forms in there and then in the school on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Was absolutely convinced I got a B1 in Irish and also got a B3!
    Was also confident on the A in English but a lot of my year fell three to four grades from what they expected to get in it, I still managed a B1 but thought I'd done better:/
    Thought I had an A in history too and once more got caught in the B1s, and to top it all off, I'm five points off my first choice (DN600 BCL Law UCD) having ended up with 490, I'm praying it falls

I'd view every one of your scripts so if I was you. Possible that you could come up by 10 points or more

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

Guys ,does anybody know what were the average points in this year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

D_s wrote: »
    Bit late to the party here, but got 605 which is higher than I'd ever thought I'd get!

A1 : English, (Project) Maths, Applied Maths, Physics
    A2: Spanish, Economics

Side note, just putting this out there, I may very well have the biggest points surplus in the country :P
    Going for Common Entry Engineering in Maynooth, which was 390 last year, so I'm... *takes out calculator* 215 points ahead of the game :D

Anyone beat that, or know anyone that beats that?

Well, the course I want pulled out of the CAO this year so zero points required, but last year it was between 200-250, and I got 595 :) so I suppose I beat you in the points surplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kerbstone

So I'm after getting 550 in the LC and my first choice on the CAO is Psychology in Trinity and the points were 565 last year. I'm just wondering does anyone has any inkling whether it's as popular this year and is there a chance I could still get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

Was anybody else disappointed with their english result? I was getting high b's for a lot of the year and in the end I got a D1

eoinoc2509 wrote: »
    Was anybody else disappointed with their english result? I was getting high b's for a lot of the year and in the end I got a D1

I know a few people that are disappointed with there's I was the complete opposite, was expecting a C3 and got a B3 :D

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    I know a few people that are disappointed with there's I was the complete opposite, was expecting a C3 and got a B3 :D

well done :)

well done :)

sound man! went from being one of me worst subjects to bein one of my best. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Went from a C1 in the mock to a D1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

View your paper, that does not sound right. It could have been the corrector, someone inexperienced maybe :/

View your paper, that does not sound right. It could have been the corrector, someone inexperienced maybe :/

Hopefully I felt so bad when I got it back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Hopefully I felt so bad when I got it back :(

the corrector probably forgot to add in a question or something, if you think the exam went better for you than that then you should go up, they correct so many scripts they gotta screw up somewhere, it just sucks it was you :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sometimes it can be as simple as a mistake in the totting of marks. After six hours going through papers and making sure to leave out the marks in square brackets while at the same time totting the ones in circles, it's very easy forget to carry a one while adding, or for tired eyes to misread an 8 as a 5 or a 3.

Always worth viewing your paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

spurious wrote: »
    Sometimes it can be as simple as a mistake in the totting of marks. After six hours going through papers and making sure to leave out the marks in square brackets while at the same time totting the ones in circles, it's very easy forget to carry a one while adding, or for tired eyes to misread an 8 as a 5 or a 3.

Always worth viewing your paper.

Yes, this is so true! I knew a girl last year who was an A student in biology, but she got a low B on results day and decided to get a re-check. It turned out that she had been having lozenges on the day of the exam so her hands were sticky and two pages stuck together and the examiner never realised, so those pages were never marked! She got brought up to an A on the recheck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

is the average this year like 320 points or something ?

crow2 wrote: »
    is the average this year like 320 points or something ?

The average is always about 300. I would be surprised if it had come up 20 points. It's possible the average of those applying to the CAO has come up, but that's not the true average.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NL1995

How did everybody get on in ag science? The best of us in my class were getting A's and B's all year and we all got c1's or c2's in the real thing! I have applied to view my script as have most of the class but whats the chances the corrector messed up on all our tests??

NL1995 wrote: »
    How did everybody get on in ag science? The best of us in my class were getting A's and B's all year and we all got c1's or c2's in the real thing! I have applied to view my script as have most of the class but whats the chances the corrector messed up on all our tests??

Exact same thing happened here! I'm goin to view it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

NL1995 wrote: »

Its unlikely that he messed up a whole class of papers. However that's not to say he didn't mess up yours. It's always worth checking.

Advertisement