Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

NL1995 wrote: »
    How did everybody get on in ag science? The best of us in my class were getting A's and B's all year and we all got c1's or c2's in the real thing! I have applied to view my script as have most of the class but whats the chances the corrector messed up on all our tests??

In 2011 , 13.4% got A's in ag science. In 2012, it was 10.3%. in 2013 it was 9.7%

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Intu

Guys is there anything I should be doing this weekend or is it just a waiting game til Monday. I keep thinking I should be scouring the internet for accommodation :L
    Also what time are the offers are available at on Monday, I'm in work from 7 that morning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Intu wrote: »
    Guys is there anything I should be doing this weekend or is it just a waiting game til Monday. I keep thinking I should be scouring the internet for accommodation :L
    Also what time are the offers are available at on Monday, I'm in work from 7 that morning :(

offers are up at 6am afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Your in luck. Open at 6 a.m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Won't the paper be leaked on the internet though, so we'll know if we got our course at like 2/3 am?

I don't get you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Intu

Phew thanks guys that's a relief :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah somebody usually puts up screenshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

I hope people do put up the paper this year!

Aw man really? Where do they publicise them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

so basically we can find out at like 2am?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

It's gonna be like HPAT night all over again waiting for these to surface. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blinky285

I'm so annoyed with my points, I got 540 which is good but I was hoping for 590 or more.
    A1 in Bio, B1's in english, chem, economics and business all of which I was getting A1s in this year, and a B3 in maths. All honours. I fairly happy with maths but I felt I could have gotten a B2/B1. I wanted veterinary in UCD and I went into meltdown and started looking at Budapest, got onto the Irish rep and he said it was too late. I don't need to do an entrance exam next year cause of my grades in chem and bio. I would happily go to Budapest but I'm just so upset with my points. This is my 3rd time doing the leaving. It sucks. So so bad. Anyone really annoyed with their grades? Business was chronic, I thought I got my A1 :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 purple321

eoinoc2509 wrote: »
    Was anybody else disappointed with their english result? I was getting high b's for a lot of the year and in the end I got a D1

So was I. Got a's and b's for the two years and ended up with a c2

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

spurious wrote: »
    Sometimes it can be as simple as a mistake in the totting of marks. After six hours going through papers and making sure to leave out the marks in square brackets while at the same time totting the ones in circles, it's very easy forget to carry a one while adding, or for tired eyes to misread an 8 as a 5 or a 3.

Always worth viewing your paper.

If you got an A2 in English say and you saw that the corrector didn't add up your results right and you actually got an A1, can you just bring that to someones attention or do you have to send it away completely to get remarked by a new corrector?

If so that's absolute bull****.

purple321 wrote: »
    So was I. Got a's and b's for the two years and ended up with a c2

Got A's all along and ended with a B1, can't wait to view the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PoppyQT

Didn't do as well as I had hoped, but you know when the offers come out, are the points printed on the letter sent out by the university to say they're offering you a place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If you got an A2 in English say and you saw that the corrector didn't add up your results right and you actually got an A1, can you just bring that to someones attention or do you have to send it away completely to get remarked by a new corrector?

If so that's absolute bull****.

On phone so short answer:

There is a mechanism to have mistakes in adding marks etc amended fairly quickly; it does not have to be recorrected from scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

How long do you get to view your scripts? And what can you bring in with you?

How long do you get to view your scripts? And what can you bring in with you?

I think the sessions are three hours, probably beat to bring a teacher or someone who knows the subject it is you're viewing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Is everyone viewing? Can I see All of em?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Is it possible to view all your exam scripts? I'm thinking of doing that but I honestly don't think I'll appeal any of them, I just want to see how some parts of my exams went/how they were marked! :P Anyone else getting everything viewed?

ray2012 wrote: »
    Is it possible to view all your exam scripts? I'm thinking of doing that but I honestly don't think I'll appeal any of them, I just want to see how some parts of my exams went/how they were marked! :P Anyone else getting everything viewed?

Yes! More than likely repeating so gonna look at them and if any are 1 per cent away ill appeal .. getting english appealed aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

ray2012 wrote: »

I'm looking at all of mine too out of curiosity, I won't be appealing anything unless there's an admin error!

I'm viewing all mine, appealing anything within 2 percent I'd say.. When you're 5 points short you can't afford not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

dropped two grades in art :( did my best calligraphy yet in that exam.
    Should I appeal or is it down to preference of corrector??

Also dropped a grade from the mock in business. My mock was horrible tho and I was hoping to go up at least 1 grade if not two!!

Bio and English were so-so. B1s in both and I hate them subjects so I'll probably just leave that ahaha

Delighted with my babys French & Irish <3

Math was pass & I put in no work ever and got C2. Worst result of all yet I don't care at all haha .

Delighted about the languages but upset overall. **** LC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

NellyDean wrote: »
    Should I appeal ... ??
    My standard advice for appeals:

Arrange to view in the company of an experienced examiner if at all possible, but at least with a subject teacher. Go through the papers etc. carefully, then decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Frankenu

I got a C3 in a subject i've been getting straight A1's in all along.
    It's more so a nuisance than anything, as a C3 is so drastically low in comparison to my previous results, and i'm 10 points off my first course which means that I more then likely won't get it.
    Sigh.

Frankenu wrote: »
    I got a C3 in a subject i've been getting straight A1's in all along.
    It's more so a nuisance than anything, as a C3 is so drastically low in comparison to my previous results, and i'm 10 points off my first course which means that I more then likely won't get it.
    Sigh.

Appeal it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Frankenu

Appeal it!

Without a doubt! It's just such an inconvenience. There was nothing more anti-climatic than being hit with a big fat C3 amid my B's and A's, especially having worked so hard!
    I hope there aren't as many other people feeling as wronged as I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

Frankenu wrote: »
    Without a doubt! It's just such an inconvenience. There was nothing more anti-climatic than being hit with a big fat C3 amid my B's and A's, especially having worked so hard!
    I hope there aren't as many other people feeling as wronged as I do.

I got B2 in Business ,I thought this exam went so well.The short questions seemed very easy..everything did. If I get 5 points less than I need for the course I applied I must appeal this

Advertisement