Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Hey I'm hoping for 450 simply because that puts me safe for my course. Anything above is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

But any maximum is an unrealistic aim because realistically very few people get the maximum.

That being said in the back of everyones head is the wish to get the most possible points. The system dosent work so well if that wasnt in our competitive nature.

And Fork look at it this way. How did the superpowers stop nuclear war?

I know, I know I probably won't get it, hence me expecting in the 500s, but still, there's a part of me that will be disappointed for not getting the 625 because I could have worked and studied a whole lot more than the two weeks cramming.

And I have no clue, I always was bad at history :o

Like I said part of everyone wants the maximum. I dont deny that when I open my results if I dont see 7 A1 a small part of me will be disappointed but then I'll count up and see if I'm safe and if I am I wont care because all I really want is my first choice.

Like I said part of everyone wants the maximum. I dont deny that when I open my results if I dont see 7 A1 a small part of me will be disappointed but then I'll count up and see if I'm safe and if I am I wont care because all I really want is my first choice.

I will do that, and be delighted I got my first choice, but I'll still be disappointed because I am a ridiculous person and can't help being annoyed over not getting the 8 As. But then I shall go camping and forget the entire ordeal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

While you're fretting over having to explain to your friends and family how you only got 590, I'll be secretly crying over the fact that I'm not sure whether I want to do my first course or not.

• Advertisement

Cmon mate. Thrash out your doubts here. It will only eat away at ya.

Hmm, I am the ass of this thread, I did not intend to come across as cocky, I apologize profusely for that :o

It all right man. How many points do ya need?

Ah sure, it's grand, downing a few pints alleviates any doubts about the future. :)

I DO have the seeking suspicion that I may become an alcoholic in my later life...

C'mon on man. Dont hold that debs thread against us. And that is an awful way to look at drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Blu_flamez

On the up side, this time next week all the anxiety and nerves will have passed ;D

Well, cs&it in nuig corvo, so whatever that goes up to this year, four hundred and something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Its agreed, everyone get ypur rants/worries out here

Me: Im not sure if I want to do the course I have down as my number 1, everyone gets too stressed out at my house over stupid stuff and just become furious so if I repeat I kinda want to go to a boarding/grind school where I wont have to deal with that stuff any more, also 500 was a realistic aim for me, 525 if I was lucky, but the LC just went balls up for me and I reckon I'll be getting 410 (which is a nightmare cause I've known since primary school I at least wanted 490, 410 wouldnt have been in my worst nightmare) and when I get the points and tell my dad I want to repeat, and also in a grind school he is going to FREAK!!!!!!!!! FREAK FREAK FREAK FREAK FREAK FREAK!!!!!!!!!!! Especially since accommodation has already been sorted :( And what if I do repeat and still dont know what I want to do or end up wanting the same course I have down as my number 1.

Im just the sort of person who will feel downtrodded for the rest of my life with my failings to myslef

I really need to see my friends so I can whine to them as opposed to the internet, sorry guys

**** I'm a forgetful bollocks. I forgot you're on my list.

I've been crying about that thread since its occurrence and been using the tears to water down this special 78% vodka I had imported from Russia so I can continue drowning my sorrows without suffering alcohol poisoning :'(

Ah no, I can handle the truth lads. Life's harsh, just last year I lost my dog. He attacked some sheep, so my family set him up in a lovely farm in the north of France! It's tough not to see him, but I hear he's loving life heh.

I really would like to see this list, does it contain many names?

Whats this list you speak of?

I'll be more anxious about seeing who I have to live with at college than I will be for the results! :pac:

I can't wait for moving in actually, but the thoughts of ending up stuck with someone impossible to get along with, that's scary **** man :pac:

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Whats this list you speak of?

Oh, he's going to kill me, but it's okay, we're besties :p

Oh, he's going to kill me, but it's okay, we're besties :p

List? :confused:

• Advertisement

List? :confused:

I assume of people to kill, or something to that effect anyways. Maybe he'll just make me mysteriously disappear someday. All good fun :)

Im not sure if I want to do the course I have down as my number 1, everyone gets too stressed out at my house over stupid stuff and just become furious so if I repeat I kinda want to go to a boarding/grind school where I wont have to deal with that stuff any more, also 500 was a realistic aim for me, 525 if I was lucky, but the LC just went balls up for me and I reckon I'll be getting 410 (which is a nightmare cause I've known since primary school I at least wanted 490, 410 wouldnt have been in my worst nightmare) and when I get the points and tell my dad I want to repeat, and also in a grind school he is going to FREAK!!!!!!!!! FREAK FREAK FREAK FREAK FREAK FREAK!!!!!!!!!!! Especially since accommodation has already been sorted :( And what if I do repeat and still dont know what I want to do or end up wanting the same course I have down as my number 1.

Im just the sort of person who will feel downtrodded for the rest of my life with my failings to myslef
    Firstly I'll ask why are you unsure?
    Second I'll say that while it may be hard you do what you have to do.
    Thirdly this feeling of failing yourself. Surely it cant be a failure to succeed in a field you want. The points and all aside is it not the long term of getting a good degree and a career you want that is the real success of all this work?
    I'll be more anxious about seeing who I have to live with at college than I will be for the results! :pac:
    A worry for me to. While I'm sure most are nice people I dont want to be stuck with two pricks that make my first year home a misery
    I've been crying about that thread since its occurrence and been using the tears to water down this special 78% vodka I had imported from Russia so I can continue drowning my sorrows without suffering alcohol poisoning :'(

Ah no, I can handle the truth lads. Life's harsh, just last year I lost my dog. He attacked some sheep, so my family set him up in a lovely farm in the north of France! It's tough not to see him, but I hear he's loving life heh.
    I can relate to the dog story. They can be the closest of friends.

As for watering down vodka with tears surely tequila would be better since you already have the salt in the tears.

Dont worry Hugise you arnt going for Comp Sci so you arn't on the list.

I assume of people to kill, or something to that effect anyways. Maybe he'll just make me mysteriously disappear someday. All good fun :)
    FUK! I CAN JUST SEE HIM RUNNING THROUGH THE NUIG CAMPUS WITH A GUN, I IMAGINE IM ON THE TOP

(of the list)
    ;)

Only my competition make the list. And I intend to keep a spot so I'll have to be subtle.

It would be a shame if your flat has a gas leak Fork.

I am flattered to be thought of as competition

Edit: damn accidental posting

I am flattered to be thought of as competition :)
    Oh, it would be terrible altogether, especially for all of the people living in close proximity to me, which may include you. Are you a risk taker Mr Attano?

All in good sport. And I might be. I have contingency plans. A tragic swim in the Corrib River.

Firstly I'll ask why are you unsure?
    Second I'll say that while it may be hard you do what you have to do.
    Thirdly this feeling of failing yourself. Surely it cant be a failure to succeed in a field you want. The points and all aside is it not the long term of getting a good degree and a career you want that is the real success of all this work?

Well science is my numero uno cause I LOVED Bio back in the day, but when I started falling behind I was like ehhhhh, its not as good as I once thought and then I started loving business (although I would never want a career in business, too cut throat) so yeah, I just dont love it the way I used to.

All in good sport. And I might be. I have contingency plans. A tragic swim in the Corrib River.

:(

Well science is my numero uno cause I LOVED Bio back in the day, but when I started falling behind I was like ehhhhh, its not as good as I once thought and then I started loving business (although I would never want a career in business, too cut throat) so yeah, I just dont love it the way I used to.
    Fair enough. In college all is quite different. Bio is fascinating when looked at in detail.
    :(
    I want to point out that was directed at Forks edit and not an admission of suicidal intent.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, I'll make sure that they take care of you after such a traumatic ordeal. You'll have a lovely bed, regular meals, you'll never have to leave your cell! In fact, you won't be able to :D

Advertisement