Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Free accommodation. Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

Free accommodation. Sounds good to me.

You could make it onto some lists of your own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

long time lurker here and decided to join today before the big Wednesday approaches. I am so scared. The anxiety is hitting me now. Everyone thinks that I studied enough to get it, but one week of exams isn't enough to showcase 2 years of study. My course is very specific in the sense that there are no other routes into it and it really is something I want to do. Everyone knows I want to do it and unless I get it, I will be disappointed. I don't actually want anything else. In comparison to my friends I have worked very hard and although the course isn't as high as medicine or radiography(Points are 530), it is still so high. I will repeat though, I don't see the point in doing a course for the sake of it only to think "what if?" for the rest of my life. I know it is just the way life is and I know I am the one who chose this course, but it annoys me how my life may be put on hold for a year whereas my friends who want 250-350 courses will be getting on with their lives. I genuinely don't think I have it as I messed up and I'm thinking 480....oh life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

oncex wrote: »
    long time lurker here and decided to join today before the big Wednesday approaches. I am so scared. The anxiety is hitting me now. Everyone thinks that I studied enough to get it, but one week of exams isn't enough to showcase 2 years of study. My course is very specific in the sense that there are no other routes into it and it really is something I want to do. Everyone knows I want to do it and unless I get it, I will be disappointed. I don't actually want anything else. In comparison to my friends I have worked very hard and although the course isn't as high as medicine or radiography(Points are 530), it is still so high. I will repeat though, I don't see the point in doing a course for the sake of it only to think "what if?" for the rest of my life. I know it is just the way life is and I know I am the one who chose this course, but it annoys me how my life may be put on hold for a year whereas my friends who want 250-350 courses will be getting on with their lives. I genuinely don't think I have it as I messed up and I'm thinking 480....oh life.

Honestly, one year is nothing! My course was specific i needed the points so i sat the leaving last year and didn't get those points.I could have taken a lower course but then i would question the whole time in college if i could have gotten my dream course for one more year of study?I was not going to do that.I repeated my leaving cert this year and i am now waiting for my results. Yes at times i struggled ,it will be a mental challenge but it is so worth it!! Its a few days before results now so i hope as many people can read this and know that repeating is one of your options! Stay hopeful for now and leave it until wednesday to see but then when results come out , look at all options.I made amazing friends this year and i got to mature a bit too , best decision i have made so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Relax. Whatever you get, by the sounds of things you put 110% in to getting that. That's all you could do, be proud of it.

As for your college choices oncex, if you don't get enough for that course don't fret about it. I'm sure you picked others on your CAO? 480 will get you into a lot of useful courses I'm sure. If you're dead set on this course and you don't get it, who gives a crap what your friends do. Repeat and get it, stop worrying about what your friends are doing, this is about what you want to do for the rest of your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I'm so nervous about Wednesday. I'm the person who will get 625 points and have been from day one.. Like people just randomly say I'm going to get 625 which puts a lot of pressure on me, not to mention discussing me on the bus home that I don't even go on with people from other schools. But yeh I seriously under performed. The thing is I could have gotten 625 points but it's all out te window now so I know I will be upset and disappointed. Meanwhile everyone will be celebrating and asking me how I did and wont understand why I'm upset. I don't even want to tell anyone how I do. Anyway I will be repeating and I'm fine with that because I'm young enough and wanted to take a year out anyway. So it's ok, it's not the end of the world.
    Just remember everyone that everything works out in the end and the Leaving Cert. is not the be all and end all of life.

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Honestly, one year is nothing! My course was specific i needed the points so i sat the leaving last year and didn't get those points.I could have taken a lower course but then i would question the whole time in college if i could have gotten my dream course for one more year of study?I was not going to do that.I repeated my leaving cert this year and i am now waiting for my results. Yes at times i struggled ,it will be a mental challenge but it is so worth it!! Its a few days before results now so i hope as many people can read this and know that repeating is one of your options! Stay hopeful for now and leave it until wednesday to see but then when results come out , look at all options.I made amazing friends this year and i got to mature a bit too , best decision i have made so far.

Thank you so much, its nice to see there are people who don't regret repeating. Ya I'm always saying that it is just one year but my mother thinks im crazy for even contemplating it.

Where is everyone going for results night? Would you go out even if were disappointed?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Where is everyone going for results night? Would you go out even if were disappointed?

LOL being disappointed is the main reason why I'm going out!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

NEVER GIVE UP oncex! Letting an outdated, archaic system deny you the way you'd like to go is absurd. If you have a dream, the only entity on this spinning ball we call earth that can stop you is YOU! And besides, what's one year to a lifetime?
    I'm so nervous about Wednesday. I'm the person who will get 625 points and have been from day one.. Like people just randomly say I'm going to get 625 which puts a lot of pressure on me, not to mention discussing me on the bus home that I don't even go on with people from other schools. But yeh I seriously under performed. The thing is I could have gotten 625 points but it's all out te window now so I know I will be upset and disappointed. Meanwhile everyone will be celebrating and asking me how I did and wont understand why I'm upset. I don't even want to tell anyone how I do. Anyway I will be repeating and I'm fine with that because I'm young enough and wanted to take a year out anyway. So it's ok, it's not the end of the world.
    Just remember everyone that everything works out in the end and the Leaving Cert. is not the be all and end all of life.

Relax, CookieMonster.x, regardless of how you feel the exams have gone, you still don't know what you've got until Wednesday come. I can't tell you the amount of posts I've read on boards (in previous years results threads I MIGHT ADD!) where people get a grade they definitely weren't expecting... a pretty memorable one being some poor kid who's French oral went so bad, when he walked out of the room, he kicked a chair over! And needless to say, he ended up with an A1 on the day.

You're allowed to say all hope's gone when things don't go your way on Wednesday, until then you need to have hope. Hope is important.

Yes I'm damn well going out if I'm disappointed! As resident leaving cert poster randylonghorn once said, the definition of a 'good' leaving cert is when one achieves the best one possibly could. And I know I couldn't have done any better than I did last June, and if I don't get my own required points... I'll still be able to - as my best friend told me not too long ago - hold my head up high, and so should everyone else.

I know, I know, a rare sentimental post from Scuid Mhór.. but I'm actually like this a lot in real life, I don't know why I seem so detached when I usually post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

If I break 400 I will be a happy camper! Getting worried now as I think back over exams!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

I think breaking 400 would be a dream come true for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

This times a million! It's other people's expectations that are the absolute worst. Though my own are pretty high as well.

I'm terrified I won't get what I want in a subject and that that teacher will be in the school that day and if they ask what I got I'll have to see their face go all disappointed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

This times a million! It's other people's expectations that are the absolute worst. Though my own are pretty high as well.

I'm terrified I won't get what I want in a subject and that that teacher will be in the school that day and if they ask what I got I'll have to see their face go all disappointed :(

Could've written this myself, haven't gotten less than an A1 in Biology since the start of 5th Year, and I feel I got an A2 in the real thing and my teacher will just be like 'wuuuuut'.

Yeah expectations are a killer too, people expect like 625 from me too and like it's just not gonna happen and people saying 'Sure what're you worried about you'll get 625 anyway' does not help in the slightest! :p Anyway I have my own target and I'll be happy with that if I get it and once I get my course nothing else really matters. Fingers crossed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone heading to BallyBunion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Slow Show wrote: »
    Could've written this myself, haven't gotten less than an A1 in Biology since the start of 5th Year, and I feel I got an A2 in the real thing and my teacher will just be like 'wuuuuut'.

Yeah expectations are a killer too, people expect like 625 from me too and like it's just not gonna happen and people saying 'Sure what're you worried about you'll get 625 anyway' does not help in the slightest! :p Anyway I have my own target and I'll be happy with that if I get it and once I get my course nothing else really matters. Fingers crossed. :)

This is the same with me in Bio, chem , accounting and spanish! I actually don't know what happened to me on those days. What a disaster it was. My spanish teacher is still sure i will get the A1 though. I on the other hand, practically know I didn't.
    Please God let me do better than I think, Please!!!!

Slow Show wrote: »

Since I'm on my phone I can only quote one post but seriously are you guys all me?
    Especially with Biology and Chemistry. My teacher just kept saying "Oh he's my A1" for the last 4 weeks of school.
    And when I was at parties this summer with people from school, they were like "What are you aiming for? 625?" and in reality I'm only aiming for 565 and anything over that is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Are all you posters going out to celebrate results night?? I'm repeating so don't think I'm going to bother going out as I already went out on Saturday.

If so where are you all heading. Anyone repeating and are you nervous? I'm ****ting!!!

Are all you posters going out to celebrate results night?? I'm repeating so don't think I'm going to bother going out as I already went out on Saturday.

If so where are you all heading. Anyone repeating and are you nervous? I'm ****ting!!!

I hope that I don't have to repeat but I would have no bother if I did.
    I am going out whether I get 600 points or -600 points. I have my ticket for the venue, I have money for my alcohol (there will be lots) and nothing is going to stop me being celebrating being out of that stressful year (before going back into it :P )

I'm a repeater too! i feel your pain haha i'm even more nervous second time round.. are you? hopefully i will go out to celebrate this time as i didn't go out last year for results

we're heading to killarney from cork but I don't even know if there is something on there. aimzLc2 may i ask why you didn't go out last year? I don't wanna be a moody mary if i do go out :/

• Advertisement

we're heading to killarney from cork but I don't even know if there is something on there. aimzLc2 may i ask why you didn't go out last year? I don't wanna be a moody mary if i do go out :/

I wasn't happy with my results so i chose not to go! yess exactly i have to be in the right mood to have a good night out.If you aren't happy going just don't go, i don't regret not going out at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Are all you posters going out to celebrate results night??
    Nah. I was planning on buying a bottle of fancy booze and watching a film or something. Sounds like an ideal night to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I've accepted the fact I'll have to repeat:mad:.

mixery wrote: »
    I've accepted the fact I'll have to repeat:mad:.

Stay hopeful until results come out! nothing is definite yet. Go in there with a positive outlook ,then once you get the results start looking at options. If you do decide to repeat you can message me with any questions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I've actually got a question. If I choose to repeat can I just do 6 subjects like History/Geo/Foreign Languages(assuming I pass English & Maths this year)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

You can use the result if it is a requirement e.g a C3 in Irish however the result cannot be used for points unless you sat the exam that year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

So my school is stupid and mixed me up with another guy who has the same surname as me... I have his PIN for the Leaving Cert results and I presume he has mine too. I'm going in to collect my results anyway so it doesn't matter largely, but besides him being able to view my results (which I don't really mind), he's not able to do anything else with the PIN is he? Sorry, I just don't know much about it to be honest :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

inthezone wrote: »
    So my school is stupid and mixed me up with another guy who has the same surname as me... I have his PIN for the Leaving Cert results and I presume he has mine too. I'm going in to collect my results anyway so it doesn't matter largely, but besides him being able to view my results (which I don't really mind), he's not able to do anything else with the PIN is he? Sorry, I just don't know much about it to be honest :rolleyes:

No he can't do anything else with the PIN. It's quite an error on the part of the school though. Presumably you had been in the school for a few years and this wasn't the first opportunity for confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I'm so nervous. I want to go out in dublin but I need to get a band beforehand but what if I'm so disappointed ?

• Advertisement

yournerd wrote: »
    I'm so nervous. I want to go out in dublin but I need to get a band beforehand but what if I'm so disappointed ?

I don't think you will be , dublins great fun , where are you from?

Advertisement