Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I don't think you will be , dublins great fun , where are you from?

Carlow haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

yournerd wrote: »
    I'm so nervous. I want to go out in dublin but I need to get a band beforehand but what if I'm so disappointed ?

it's a risk you'll have to take yournerd! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Carlow haha.

ah you should come up then!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

More worried about getting accommodation than my course :L

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

TBH even though people might be disappointed (I know I will be :rolleyes: ) you should still head out anyway.

I'm treating it more as a reunion of the class before we all head away to college because we may never see some people again for a long time and it would be great fun just to see them all again even if I only get 10 points in the LC!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

I'm so nervous. I want to go out in dublin but I need to get a band beforehand but what if I'm so disappointed ?

What's this band thing?

My town is so small and there's like a special gcc place in the club I'm sure ill see peopple every weekend haha. And our debs is after so everyone will have something to talk about.
    What accomondation are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Already feeling bad about my results.
    I'm sure they won't be wonderful but probably they'll be ok. I applied to a course in the UK and got an offer of three Cs at higher level so I did my exams with the mentality that all I need is three Cs and to pass everything else, rather than to do the best I can!

Also, had a bit of a revelation (I say revelation, I mean I was feeling slightly reflective after a few ;) ) and realised that when it came to things like German, I should have just asked the teacher to explain things rather than actively deciding to not even bother my arse learning the things I didn't understand (ie 60% of the German course). This is possibly why I'm not aiming for the 625 points, despite the fact that I'm not actually thick... I just don't apply myself (stupidly) yet expect the absolute best outcome.

Basically I am destined to be disappointed, despite the fact that I realistically should get my place. As a result I will be the furious mad woman, channeling the devil and spewing profanities and possibly be unfit for human company on results day (aka, I'm just an allround bad person when it comes to dealing with stress, I'm overly competitive yet lazy and I'm a walking disaster :p )

What's this band thing?

All entry to clubs is going to be €10/€12 so this band costs €15 and gives u entry to dandelions, diceys, alchemy, d2 and some other club.

All entry to clubs is going to be €10/€12 so this band costs €15 and gives u entry to dandelions, diceys, alchemy, d2 and some other club.

Oh that's cool! Is that with/without ID :p

• Advertisement

Thataone wrote: »
    Already feeling bad about my results.
    I'm sure they won't be wonderful but probably they'll be ok. I applied to a course in the UK and got an offer of three Cs at higher level so I did my exams with the mentality that all I need is three Cs and to pass everything else, rather than to do the best I can!

Also, had a bit of a revelation (I say revelation, I mean I was feeling slightly reflective after a few ;) ) and realised that when it came to things like German, I should have just asked the teacher to explain things rather than actively deciding to not even bother my arse learning the things I didn't understand (ie 60% of the German course). This is possibly why I'm not aiming for the 625 points, despite the fact that I'm not actually thick... I just don't apply myself (stupidly) yet expect the absolute best outcome.

Basically I am destined to be disappointed, despite the fact that I realistically should get my place. As a result I will be the furious mad woman, channeling the devil and spewing profanities and possibly be unfit for human company on results day (aka, I'm just an allround bad person when it comes to dealing with stress, I'm overly competitive yet lazy and I'm a walking disaster :p )

Just make a better effort in college! :D

Oh that's cool! Is that with/without ID :p

Never asked but I presume with I'd? Haha

Just make a better effort in college! :D

Tis my intention :D and my course is quite hands on with lots of work placement... think that's more my shtyle :P

Ah here, as far as results go, tis too late to do anything about it now... c'est la vie etc

Tis my intention :D and my course is quite hands on with lots of work placement... think that's more my shtyle :P

Ah here, as far as results go, tis too late to do anything about it now... c'est la vie etc

Exactly. :) Don't worry about it now. Points don't matter as long as you get the course you want. And if you don't, repeating is an excellent option! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

tis too late to do anything about it now... c'est la vie etc

sounds like something del boy from only fools and horses would say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    sounds like something del boy from only fools and horses would say :D

au contraire daniel au contraire

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭diarmo06

Probably said, but there's no way for me to get that code for my online results?

... There was so many sheets, everything went with the black bags :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

diarmo06 wrote: »
    Probably said, but there's no way for me to get that code for my online results?

... There was so many sheets, everything went with the black bags :'(

did ya try ringin the school? they might have it

So nervous now!! How the hell does one keep occupied for the next 2 days? :P

So nervous now!! How the hell does one keep occupied for the next 2 days? :P

Sleep and internet?
    I made my boards comeback especially to keep myself occupied and also have 3 other chat forums (or whatever the correct lingo is) on the go, not to mention 2 blogs and lot of youtube to catch up on... so basically what I did to avoid the reality of the actual leaving cert when it came to sitting the exams :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

spurious wrote: »
    No he can't do anything else with the PIN. It's quite an error on the part of the school though. Presumably you had been in the school for a few years and this wasn't the first opportunity for confusion.

Grand :cool: It really is... my exam number was switched with his when we were given our Irish oral times also (not any official list... I know that my exam number is correct) so it's quite frustrating to be honest. It's just a bit careless really.

what do to for the next 2 days is the q.

Stupid question - when we get our results at school, can we turn up just as we are or do we need to bring anything (ie official forms/numbers etc)?

Stupid question - when we get our results at school, can we turn up just as we are or do we need to bring anything (ie official forms/numbers etc)?

just turn up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

What's the earliest they give them out? Is there a set time, or is it up to the school?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Blu_flamez

What's the earliest they give them out? Is there a set time, or is it up to the school?

I don't think there's an official time but most schools start to give them out at 9am.

Think it's up to the school. Ours is at 9 but a few years ago my sis showed up at 8:30 and got them. But the principal came out to the car and got in and waited til she opened them etc etc haha

Opening at school or at home? I reckon I'll open it at home.

I'll open them at school, but I'll walk to a quiet area first. I couldn't be dealing with people.

Think it's up to the school. Ours is at 9 but a few years ago my sis showed up at 8:30 and got them. But the principal came out to the car and got in and waited til she opened them etc etc haha

I couldn't open them with the principal just waiting like that :eek:

• Advertisement

I'll open them at school, but I'll walk to a quiet area first. I couldn't be dealing with people.
    I think I will do what I did at the JC and go to the bathrooms in school.... :P I will be shaking!

Advertisement