Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Get into a group and all open them together! Sure everyone is feeling the same as you :P I'd say it'd be entertaining to watch as a teacher :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I think I will do what I did at the JC and go to the bathrooms in school.... :P I will be shaking!

For the JC, I got mine near the start, but I just stood there with the envelope for ages, not opening it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Opening at school or at home? I reckon I'll open it at home.

I'm opening them on the spot at the school, I don't want to be fooling around the place while I have the closed envelope in my hand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

It's the twelfth, fellows! THE HOUR APPROACHES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

There's not a hope in hell I could last a car journey home (15 minutes) with the envelope in my hand either :pac:

• Advertisement

yournerd wrote: »
    what do to for the next 2 days is the q.

what have you done every day the last few years:confused:

Opening at school or at home? I reckon I'll open it at home.

eh probably at home but i'll be sticking around the school because i want to catch up with a few old friends i've missed while i've been away this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

my school already opens them and calculates them for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Our school is different.
    For the JC we were all in the Home Ec room and the principal called us out one by one and practically announced to the year what everyone got! (oh Mary well done on the B in maths kinda thing)

Also the boys school got theirs about an hour before us and they were all outside the window looking in making faces at us :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

peekachoo wrote: »
    Our school is different.
    For the JC we were all in the Home Ec room and the principal called us out one by one and practically announced to the year what everyone got! (oh Mary well done on the B in maths kinda thing)

Also the boys school got theirs about an hour before us and they were all outside the window looking in making faces at us :P

SEXISM-SUE! :D

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    SEXISM-SUE! :D

maybe I can blackmail them into bumping up my points by like 100 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

For the jc results, opened them as soon as I got me hands on them threw them in the car, went to a field, kicked around a ball and played red arse for a while, then went and got a full Irish breakfast haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

For the JC we had a full day of school afterward.

Dry arses.

We had to wait till 3 o clock for our jc results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

We had to wait until 3:30 for ours, the wait in school that day was horrible.

We had to wait until 3:30 for ours, the wait in school that day was horrible.

And then some of the teachers had already seen them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Getting so nervous now, Like so many others here it seems, I feel like I won't get what I potentially could have, I don't know what happened to me on the last few months I just feel now like I could have done so much more, every time I try to tell anyone how worried I am about the results they tell me in going to do fine cause I'm smart, that ill get 625, I know I'm not getting 625 and I know im going to let so many people down. I just want it to be Wednesday so this can be out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I remember for the JC I did better than expected so I was delighted. Went around and was all like "Aw yeah, so happy", passed by a girl who was crying about her results and was like fist pumping the air in front of her, asked her how she got on just so she'd ask me how I did. :pac:

And then some of the teachers had already seen them :(

Oh they all knew by lunch time of that day, I got an A in HL English after my teacher putting me down all year telling me I wouldn't get more than a C, and before I had the chance to rub it in his face he told me he already knew, I was heartbroken :(

I want the LC results but I don't want the CAO results. I'm 99% sure I didn't get my first choice and I don't want my 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice :o so pretty sure ill end up repeating!

• Advertisement

everyone in my year got really drunk the night of the JC results. except me cause at 15 I was like "YE'RE ALL GOING TO HELL" :P
    I got 6 A's in the mocks and only 1 in the real thing. Which is mainly what worries me about the LC. Because I got no A's in the mocks and I'm terrified I'm gonna do awful. And by any standards C's and B's are good grades in HL subjects but I'm worried I won't get my course :P

I want the LC results but I don't want the CAO results. I'm 99% sure I didn't get my first choice and I don't want my 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice :o so pretty sure ill end up repeating!

What about PLC's?

My mam thought id know everything wednesday and since trinity halls are open we would go have a look. sh!t haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

The Bell curve might jsut help us out!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

The Bell curve might jsut help us out!! :D

Or screw us over, depending.

Can someone explain what is the bell curve?

One of my friends is dying to just beat me :P she did in the mocks by 10 points and I think her goal is just do better than me :pac: I think it's more her dad and my dad know each other and he's really competitive .. I couldn't care less who gets more though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Since the system needs a certain amounts of A's to F's and if it was all unique a hard paper would skew the results and derail the system the bell curve is basically where the marking scheme is tweaked as correcting happens to have results fall into proportion.

The curve looks like a bell, hence bell curve.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSZJpHW2uO8ilq8TafT2XD3wLHY6M94h2zlg-ARLgaLXYw-M8W

I remember for the JC I did better than expected so I was delighted. Went around and was all like "Aw yeah, so happy", passed by a girl who was crying about her results and was like fist pumping the air in front of her, asked her how she got on just so she'd ask me how I did. :pac:

Cold.... Ice cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Can someone tell me is it 9 or 9.30 we et the results ?

Advertisement