Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Since the system needs a certain amounts of A's to F's and if it was all unique a hard paper would skew the results and derail the system the bell curve is basically where the marking scheme is tweaked as correcting happens to have results fall into proportion.

The curve looks like a bell, hence bell curve.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSZJpHW2uO8ilq8TafT2XD3wLHY6M94h2zlg-ARLgaLXYw-M8W

So they can undermark us or overmark us just to be fair??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

You know guys, I'm feeling pretty relaxed about this whole results thing, anyone else cool as a cucumber?

I would have thought I'd be feeling terrified, considering I tried so hard and need to go up about 130 points from the mocks..

yournerd wrote: »
    So they can undermark us or overmark us just to be fair??

Ah yournerd how could you not know about the bell curve after honours maths last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Bellcurve is a bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

that is all, so much for "dont compare yourself to others"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Cold.... Ice cold

I didn't do it to be a dick, I was just excited. It was only afterwards I realised that she was probably crying because she did bad. Socially I am not the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Ah yournerd how could you not know about the bell curve after honours maths last year?

I guess im not a nerd after all :)

I didn't do it to be a dick, I was just excited. It was only afterwards I realised that she was probably crying because she did bad. Socially I am not the best.

Addafdadsadsdfaddaddadaaffadggagadsfgadgdadgdadg hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Its basically how you done in relation to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Can someone tell me is it 9 or 9.30 we et the results ?

9 for most schools, your school will prob send texts before Wednesday though :)

You know guys, I'm feeling pretty relaxed about this whole results thing, anyone else cool as a cucumber?

Yup :P It's weird how the results are so close yet they feel like they are so far away at the same time? At least they do for me anyway.
    We got a text saying they will be available any time after 8:00. I said the only way I will be going down for that time is if I'm awake already. If I'm asleep, I'll wait until 10/10:30. All I know is that if I'm awake I wouldn't be able to stay at home until 10 knowing that I can have my results if I walk 10 minutes.
    Also, I will be opening them in school for that exact reason; I'm so impatient. Then the mammy says she wants to be called straight away, like I did with the JC. And then my aunt wants to be called. It's funny, she's more excited than I am. She says she wants to wake me up at 7 so that I'm at the school early to get my results before anyone else :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 BubbleFoot

I was abit nervous of the results because of french. I need to pass french to get into my course. I done a pretty bad oral. Probably got abit less than half of the marks for that. I done well in the written, but in the tape I done horrendously bad. I'd be looking to get 30% of the total tape marks imo.
    Then as someone mentions previously in this thread about the bell curve!!! I really do hope the bad end of the bell curve generally ends at a D3 and they do not try and fail a few people just to suit the bell curve. I believe I will be at the lower side of the french results so I hope the bell curve doesn't put me in a failing position :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 outrageous

I over achieved in my mocks, I got 485.. My course was 410 last year but I feel the LC went a lot worse than my mocks... also there is a chance I failed Irish.

I haven't thought about results once all summer until this week and now I'm sh1ting it...

Good luck to all... 

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The time they will be available depends on what time they are delivered to the school, how many candidates there are and how many staff are in to put them into envelopes etc. Most schools are definitely ready by 9am as these days An Post do special runs for the LC results and the schools don't have to wait for the normal post.

Copies of LC results are made for the student files (for those who will lose them and there are always some) and then the results sheet and the sheet for ordering papers to view are both put in the envelopes.

We don't calculate the points for the students in our school, but I suppose if some schools do that will cause a further delay.

The LCA is a lot more organised in that two copies of the results sheet come in for each candidate and there is no need for the school to spend time copying a version for the files. Can't understand why they don't do the same for the LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

peekachoo wrote: »
    everyone in my year got really drunk the night of the JC results. except me cause at 15 I was like "YE'RE ALL GOING TO HELL" :P
    I got 6 A's in the mocks and only 1 in the real thing. Which is mainly what worries me about the LC. Because I got no A's in the mocks and I'm terrified I'm gonna do awful. And by any standards C's and B's are good grades in HL subjects but I'm worried I won't get my course :P

I don't think I've gotten an A since first year. Maybe Xmas of second year.

But as far as I know I had one of the better all roundjc results in our year. 6 Bs, 3 C's and a D.

Every one in our history class for jc either got a D or an E except for one lad who got an A hahaha

I got an A in history. I fecking loved JC history.

Didnt fall for that LC history malark though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Had a dream where I got 3 As, a B and 3Cs. Dreamt the B was a B1 in HL maths (ahahaha!) And that I got a letter from SEC because I got 100% in my art. Féckin hell, my actual results are destined to be a let down after that!

In our school we do pre-mocks as well as the actual mocks. Did better in my premocks by 30 points so hoping I can at least pick that up again rather than continue the pattern of doing worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

We don't get ours till half 9 :( the wait will be horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

My thought process thought process after opening a paper..

Oh god why didn't I drop to ordinary?
    I CAN'T DO QUESTION 1!
    I hope everyone else is as distracted as I am, fail, therefore by playing the bell curve, I pass
    WHY IS EVERYBODY ELSE WRITING?
    Shiiii....theres 5 mins gone already *PANIC*

Oh, question 1 isn't that bad after all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

Peoples high expectations make me worry. I just want any cao level 8 uni course on my list. I couldnt be bothered about points anymore . For now its just a number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Two days left but I'm still waiting for the nerves to hit me :L

I just wish everyone would stop expecting me to walk away with 625. Clearly they were living in a different universe to the one I was for the last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

Is it just me or are the days passing so slowly? I'm trying not to watch the clock too much, but I've run out of things to do and today feels like it will never end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

MWick94 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the days passing so slowly? I'm trying not to watch the clock too much, but I've run out of things to do and today feels like it will never end!

Yep , tomorrow is going to be worse ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

i feel so emotionless about this lol neither excited nor nervous mostly because im 99% sure of what il get so im not bothered to worry inafct im planing to go shoping before the results comes out as i know shops will be empty at that time :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's also going to be a terrible anti-climax afterwards as you wait for the CAO offers. It's a pity they can't make that all happen quicker.

spurious wrote: »
    It's also going to be a terrible anti-climax afterwards as you wait for the CAO offers. It's a pity they can't make that all happen quicker.

Thats true! if only offers were out on wednesday too if not , keep results until monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

As a repeat student, I can say I am far more anxious this year than last year.

I sat the exams in a local school which is not the greatest of schools. I reckon I did better than last year in most subjects except History... my favourite subject :(
    Am hoping the Bell Curve works to my advantage this year. So much more on the line, I got my 2nd chance. I know though that if I get the points I want, it will be so much more enjoyable and I'l be so much happier than if I got my points last year.

Here's to celebrating and not drowning my sorrows like last year!

Get 625. Offer problem sorted.

Dapics wrote: »

I sat the exams in a local school which is not the greatest of schools. I reckon I did better than last year in most subjects except History... my favourite subject :(
    Am hoping the Bell Curve works to my advantage this year. So much more on the line, I got my 2nd chance. I know though that if I get the points I want, it will be so much more enjoyable and I'l be so much happier than if I got my points last year.

You are not alone!! :p i am far more nervous this year than last year!!! I probably won't sleep tonight never mind tomorrow.I think i did better in everything too so hopefully we can celebrate this time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Dapics wrote: »

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    You are not alone!! :p i am far more nervous this year than last year!!! I probably won't sleep tonight never mind tomorrow.I think i did better in everything too so hopefully we can celebrate this time! :)

You reckon, lads? :P

I think if I get my course this year I'll just be thinking to myself "About time -.-" :P Like, we should be in college already...

Are ye the only ones of your group of friends that are getting results this year, btw? I am, which is a bit crap. It's not the same when you're the only one of an entire group that's getting results. I'm preparing myself for a massive anti-climax :P

• Advertisement

You reckon, lads? :P

I think if I get my course this year I'll just be thinking to myself "About time -.-" :P Like, we should be in college already...

Are ye the only ones of your group of friends that are getting results this year, btw? I am, which is a bit crap. It's not the same when you're the only one of an entire group that's getting results. I'm preparing myself for a massive anti-climax :P

I honestly didn't mind repeating at all i just can't repeat again hahah yea.. a few people in my year repeated but none of my friends, but i made amazing new friends this year so we can all go in and get them together, are you going to go in or get them online?

Advertisement