Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental caries in a Toddler

Options
  • 06-08-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi ! my first time posting here !
    I Have a daughter who is 2 1/2 years old, she started cutting teeth at about three months and they came up very 'mottled ' looking, at 20 months she had three teeth removed as they had cavities:o, after a couple of months her teeth started deteriorating at a fast rate, i brought her to a private dentist who said she had a condition ( forget name, sorry !) and this wasn't behavioral.
    We were referred to a pediatric dentist who said She had milk caries from formula and she would need 5k worth of work !
    I have had so many sleepless nights and worrying myself sick every time i look at her teeth, i'm doing everything by the book, she's not a big sweet eater, no juices, she still has a bottle going to bed with water in it but her teeth are getting worse !
    We are going to see a dentist in Kilkenny that has been referred to us just to get a second opinion, while we can pay the 5k to put D through another anesthetic and the trauma of that much work we just don't know what to do !!
    Has anybody gone through this ?? what avenue did you take ? how are Child's teeth now ?? My D is not in pain, at the moment !
    If anyone has any information or just advice i would appreciate it so much !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Sorry I have no experience to help you. I would just be very wary about spending 5k on teeth that are going to fall out agin in a few years time. Do you know if the work the dentist has in mind is for cosmetic or actual pain relief purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I know that 2 1/2 is too old to be taking a bottle to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Google OraMD, might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

There is a dental issues forum on boards, might be useful to post this there.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Would you cosider talking to someone at the Dental Hospital in Dublin for an opinion. They might be able to give you some advice or an appointment to have her looked at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd also suggest you post on the dental issues forum. There's a few dentists posting over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Monika139

Thanks for replies!
    @ Rosebush, most of the work to be done seems to be to save the teeth as they play an important role in keeping the space for older teeth
    @ Maringo, i will definitely look into the dental hospital, this is the information i am looking for! just making sure i'm doing the right thing getting all this work done !

I just saw the Dental issues forum, i'll post over there, thanks !

Advertisement