Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James LaBrie - Impermanent Resonance

• 06-08-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭

jla_zps1644aca6.png

James LaBrie released his third solo album, Impermanent Resonance, today. Been listening to it for a while now and on the first few listens I have to say it's every bit as accessible and catchy as Static Impulse. The band seem to be aiming their sights toward the mainstream and while it won't tickle everybody's fancy, if you like the previous album, I think you will enjoy this album just as much. If any Dream Theater fans have become slightly disenfranchised with the past couple albums you might warm to the sound that LaBrie and his band have achieved here. As I said, it's certainly a lot more accessible. The lyrics seem to be a little on the cheesy side though and you can hear Peter Wichers influence on the production side of things for sure.

LaBrie says of the album, “To me, this album incorporates and continues with the styles and musical direction that we have created with the previous releases. The difference being that the music on this disc is to me a true telling of the songs evolving and taking on a sense of identity that is every band’s ultimate goal. It is powerful, memorable, hook-driven and above all extremely musical. It shows how the writing and the band itself have matured. I truly feel that this is our quintessential album.”

The Full Album is streaming here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

YES! Can't wait to sink my teeth into this. Static Impulse was a delight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I'm surprised this album hasn't made more of a splash in here. It has been on constant rotation the past couple days. Here's an album highlight.

Passenger wrote: »
    It has been on constant rotation the past couple days.

On the radio, or your iPod? Either way I'm hooked. Excellent album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    On the radio, or your iPod? Either way I'm hooked. Excellent album.

On my iPod. Don't think I'd expect to hear James LaBrie on Radio 1. :D Yep, just gave it another spin a few mins ago. I thought there would be more discussion here about the release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I still haven't gotten around to giving it a full listen yet.

These days it feels like I'm struggling to keep up with bands. Damn internet makes it too easy to hear new stuff

• Advertisement

On my iPod. Don't think I'd expect to hear James LaBrie on Radio 1. :D

Uncalled for - that Ronan Collins chaps has very eclectic taste... :rolleyes:

I Got You is a cracker of a tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm surprised this album hasn't made more of a splash in here.

Haven't got it yet myself, but I will ;)

Advertisement