Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City - abnormally long delivery time

Options
  • 06-08-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

We purchased an oven from Power City almost 5 weeks ago to replace an older one. The model we bought was not in stock, but delivery to the store was advised within 5 days. In the meantime, I put our older oven up as a free item on adverts.ie, and it was taken away. In hindsight, I agree this was hasty, but the store left me in no doubt early on that the item would arrive soon....and I wanted to have the old one out of the apartment when that happened.

I have called them twice and received a couple of calls from them advising me that there is an issue with Zanussi in the UK, and delivery is "imminent". The days keep passing and we keep waiting. We didn't change our order as this model has the functionality that herself wants, and at the right price.

I'm angry as life without an oven has cost me cash in getting extra take aways etc. I'm not one usually to moan, but is this a case where I'm perfectly entitled to vent and demand a token response from them?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have you anything in writing that states delivery in 5 days? Either way it seems an unreasonable length of time for a mass produced consumer appliance so you'd be within your rights to cancel, get you your money back and go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

No, nothing in writing. Just the definite words of the salesman (which I know is useless). I've a vague recollection also that the website said similar. I should have cancelled 2 weeks ago but, like I said, she chose this particular model based on price and specs. The next one she wanted was €49 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Power city called to give me €40 credit in store. Credit to me, credit to them for doing it. Item will be with them tomorrow as well.

Advertisement