Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think it was the sickness that stopped people noticing during my 1st pregnancy,I was so sick I lost more weight then I put on.
    It was the only pregnancy that I wore my size 8 jeans home from the hospital on though!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have had no sickness at all, and i am not bragging but i look great, my skin is really clear and fresh, and my hair is shiney.

to be honest, i am wondering if it is possible to buy pregnancy hormones for when i am not pregnant.

I am so much calmer and relaxed than i have been i years, these pregnancy hormones really suit me.

but i am very worried about having such a pleasant pregnancy that the baby is going to be the devil, and will screaming all the time, not sleep and generally make my life miserable!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I took a redundancy last year (God, 2013 is LAST year) and I haven't gone back to work - probably won't now. We decided that I wasn't going to work when the baba comes anyway, so any job would be very short term. I would have told my last job at 12 weeks - it was a large enough company and lots of my colleagues are my friends so it would have been weird not to tell everyone. I think most people there told about that stage (or earlier if they were really sick)

I've put on about a kilo - not drinking really cuts the calories. Not just the booze, but the food associated with the booze. My appetite has also been curbed, I eat normal portions instead of my usual mahoosive ones. And I'm gone off all the naughty foods & can't get enough yoghurts or fruit.

And my rash is gone!! Not even 48 hours after my purchase of mega-tub-o-tron of Silcock's Base and I'm itch and rash free. We're booked to go to Austria two weeks tomrw, so fingers crossed all stays well until then! I'm raging I can't ski :( but I might try snow shoeing or even cross country skiing when I'm there. And LOTS of hot chocolate with LOTS of whipped cream on top!

John Mason wrote: »
    but i am very worried about having such a pleasant pregnancy that the baby is going to be the devil, and will screaming all the time, not sleep and generally make my life miserable!:pac:

Ha! I'm the same! I'm really enjoying it, even if I have to take a nap. It's a very enjoyable nap :)

Just counted down my days in work.

I have 62 working day left before i go on maternity leave - cannot wait to get out of here.

My bestie work friend started her maternity leave yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

I have 69 days left before mat leave. I CANNOT WAIT!!!

I need to buy a house and generally sort my life out in that time too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

When are all of ye starting maternity leave? I haven't filled in my forms yet so no official dates yet but I'm due around the 3rd.
    I really want to count down my days. Can't wait to get out of this place!!!!

Anyone started buying yet? So far I have:
    - Travel system, with car seat and Isofix
    - Cot with mattress and bedding
    - Changing Table
    - Tommee Tippee starter kit with sterilizer, bottles etc in case I can't breastfeed
    - A few vests, and baby-grow essentials for the hospital

I got most of this stuff in the sales, there is great value about! I'm worried that now I have started buying, I won't be able to stop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Have buggy, car seat, breast pump, clothes...

Already had cot and moses basket. Need to buy steriliser and a bouncer/rocker chair for baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

My god I haven't bought a thing yet. Went looking at travel systems but that's about it. Really have to get myself organised and get out there.
    Which travel system did ye go for in the end?

• Advertisement

I went for a Mamas and Papas Zoom. We got it for £249 for the buggy and the carrycot. I had looked at the Uppababy and the Bugaboo, but after lot of invetigation, reading online and wheeling them about the shop like an ejeet, we went for the zoom.
    I then got a maxicosi pebble car seat and Iosfix base for £226. We looked for the prices online (mostly on Amazon) and got Mama's and Papas to price match then. We got all of our stuff in Belfast, but I am sure they do the price match thing down here too.

January wrote: »
    Have buggy, car seat, breast pump, clothes...

Already had cot and moses basket. Need to buy steriliser and a bouncer/rocker chair for baby.

Which breast pump did you get? I really haven't a clue on how much I should be spending on one of those!

I bought the Medela Swing single pump but got a bargain on adverts for two of them second hand. Both of them are working perfectly.

Haven't bought a tap yet - we were given a lend of a Moses basket and that's all we have so far. A breast pump is doing the rounds after a friend is finished with it. My husband's Godmother wants to buy us our cot and we've been offered a lend of a travel system by friends who are leaving Ireland for two years. So we have most of the basics covered. Will start getting my hospital bag sorted at the end of Jan. And get some baby clothes then too - but we've also got a good bit coming to us from friends.

Have a login to www.which.co.uk which is great for reviews etc on all the items - slings/pumps/buggies the whole shebang. Cuts down on a lot of research!

Have to start sorting my hospital bag too... I feel that on my 4th child I should have it ready before the day I go into labour...

Have to start sorting my hospital bag too... I feel that on my 4th child I should have it ready before the day I go into labour...

A friend of mine went into labour at 36 weeks WHILE buying babygros in Dunnes... So I'm thinking, be prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I've literally gotten nothing yet, is that really bad?

Yes.

Nahhhh, not really :p

we havent bought anything yet.

we have been given moses baskets x2, travel system, cot, about 7 bags of clothes, bath,

i want to start buying things like water wipes, sheets, and blankets this week go.ing to go to Mamas and Papas this weekend

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Smyths have a good baby sale on.

I am so not worried about getting stuff ready this time,all the baby stuff is out still because baba will only be 1 tomorrow,the clothes are in storage but sure they are easy to get and this time I have friends with babies to loan me things that we had but that 3 kids took their toll on.

I am kind of excited that this is most definately my last and after April a new stage of my life begins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Iv got bits and pieces put aside from J for the baby. Just need a cot.

Spent last night in midoc with bad pains in my tummy and headaches and feeling sick they think it's a bug. Not been eating or drinking it makes it worse. Had an hours sleep last night which was hell!!

Roll on tomorrow hopefully it's gone

we bought our first baby things today.

4 moses basket sheets, 2 car sun shades, 400 nappy bags and a tub of sudocream. LOL

we were wandering around Mama & Papas like rabbits caught in headlights. i think the rest of the shopping will be online - not really looking forward to any more shopping trips like that

Hope you're feeling ok Synyster Shadow.

JM - Online shopping is always fun. If you're buying a travel system online though do go into the shop and road test some of them.

Hope you're feeling ok Synyster Shadow.

JM - Online shopping is always fun. If you're buying a travel system online though do go into the shop and road test some of them.

we have been donated a travel system and most of the big things, so it is really just the day to day things we need.

have found a list on NCA website, so will be working off on that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Christadillon3

Hi there,
    I'm due April 16th 2014. I had a miscarriage during the summer but this baby has been scanned plenty and is doing great. I was wondering if such a thing as a group for mums/new mums exists? I only really have my husband to share this all with and it'd be nice to have other ladies to chat to,meet up with etc.
    lots of luck to all due in April x

Congrats:)
    There are probably local mother and baby groups.

Anyone else notice that knocks, bumps and toe stubbings REALLY fu*%ing hurt at the moment? I hit my head yesterday and started whimpering hysterically.

ugh I am even more clumsy then usual,and keep knocking bump off door handles etc.
    You would think by now I would have learned!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Definitely on the toe stubbing, my god the pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My biggest downfall is when I take a saucepan out of the press and close it I hit my bump nearly every time I actually cut it when I was pregnant with Jack doing the same thing.

Advertisement