Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Definitely on the toe stubbing, my god the pain!

Thank gawd it's not just me!! Thought I was turning into a total wuss there for a while. My very made-up-on-the-spot theory was that it stops us doing more dangerous stuff that could really hurt. Sounds plausible ;) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Feel like getting one of those steam cleaners and doing the whole entire house with it. Can see the baby kicking too. Mad feeling.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Feel like getting one of those steam cleaners and doing the whole entire house with it. Can see the baby kicking too. Mad feeling.

OH! I bought one of them in 'Black Friday' madness, and it was useless. Kept on leaking water everywhere and would only stay hot enough to do about 1sqm at a time (and then leaking while coming back up to temperature)
    I'm sure there are good ones out there - I'd love a decent one. It sounds so SATISFYING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We can see the baby kicking now too, my partner was watching it yesterday and he thought it was freaky, even though he's seen it before!

I've seen those multi purpose steam cleaners on the shopping channels and I'd love one. Even though I've seen a baby kick inside me before it still amuses me no end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought a Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 from Amazon(around £30) and it is brilliant,way easier then mopping and so quick.
    Bending is getting so hard,so tempted to send the laundry to the laundrette and I have begun the pleading with him to empty the dishwasher for me,filling it is still ok but emptying it leaves me needing to sit down.

We bit the bullet & bought the buggy. Had a load of vouchers for Dundrum, so got an Uppababy Vista in Bella Baby in the sale. Not sure how much of a sale it was (I have a feeling we got the same quote before Christmas!) but we got the whole shebang, car seat, adapters etc. So that's something ticked off the list!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Bella baby is really expensive .
    I bet you are delighted you got it:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Bella baby is really expensive .
    I bet you are delighted you got it:)

TBH it was the exactly same price as we saw it anywhere else in the ROI (€749 for the basic buggy). And with the vouchers we had, it made sense to buy it here rather than the UK. These shops definitely have a monopoly on the pricing!

Glad to get it sorted! I was wondering is this all just a swizz, and should we just get a cheaper stroller with a separate baby seat for the car. But I suppose we got a bassinet that we can use for overnight sleeping, and the convenience of the ease of use of the isofix car seat. And it's about €100 for the toddler chair add-on so we should be able to keep using it if we decide to expand the family again!

I always prefered a proper buggy to the strollers and it is worth getting the best one that you can. I remember the excitement of buying my single one on my 1st pregnancy and the spreadsheets listing my needs and wants for one lol

• Advertisement

Sorry about that.
    I meant to move 1 post not well umm the whole thread while renaming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Have hit the stage where sleeping is awkward, thought himself was going to kill me last night from the tossing and turning.

The whiplash really isn't making it any better, neck is acting up.

Anyone got tips for finding a comfy position fast? Are those V Pillows any good?

Have hit the stage where sleeping is awkward, thought himself was going to kill me last night from the tossing and turning.

The whiplash really isn't making it any better, neck is acting up.

Anyone got tips for finding a comfy position fast? Are those V Pillows any good?

A friend swears by her body pillow, they're 1/2 price in Argos atm:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3768789/Trail/searchtext%3EBODY+PILLOW.htm

Had scan on baba's heart today, everything looks fine but apparently the kind of thing they are looking for (sub aortic stenosis, my 5 year old was diagnosed with it at age 3) can develop any time during pregnancy and even after birth. She hadn't been diagnosed when I was pregnant on my other two children so they were never monitored as closely but I'm back for another scan at 32 weeks to check again.

It is good that they are watching you closely.
    I was told that there is quite a bit of fluid around baby so I need to get a glucose tolerance test but I am taking part in the Pears study so have one anyway.
    Explain why I am so huge!!
    I also discovered the Pears study was only open to people with a BMI above average..ah well at 12 weeks I was the same weight that I am now as I piled weight on then lol
    I don't think I have ever been technically obese before:)

Only reason I have to have GTT is because of my BMI too.

Mine is 26 but it was due to the excess fluid more so then BMI.
    we can compare bumps tomorrow :)

Have to get the glucose test myself due to the BMI. Didn't think I was that much overweight for my height though. At my last antenatal clinic I was brought to one side and asked if I was being domestically abused. Any of ye had that?

Have to get the glucose test myself due to the BMI. Didn't think I was that much overweight for my height though. At my last antenatal clinic I was brought to one side and asked if I was being domestically abused. Any of ye had that?

At the booking appt, you have to be interviewed alone so they can ask you all these questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I keep being asked about antenatal depression, and basically got informed that I should read up on postnatal, found it very strange because it was in the tone of "Oh yeah you'll surely have this". But yeah, got that question too, phrased a few different ways. Guess they can never be too sure!

• Advertisement

I'll go one better and tell you that when I asked for pain relief during my last labour and started crying because I couldn't cope with the pain any longer they kept asking me if it was because I was worried my partner wouldn't help me look after the baby and stuff like that.

Now to be fair, I had kept the pregnancy a secret but they had asked me once when I was being admitted and I told them no, then was not the time for an interrogation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I didn't have any of that. I did have weird questions but nothing like that thank god I'd have given what for. Been in pain and asked that kinda stuff is crazy

I think if you are on the young side or the older side they tend to question you more!
    They are not always the most sensible with timing either.

I was 24 when having Jack. And 25 this time. The strangest was asking if I was from the travelling community. Thought that was odd but how and ever

I was 24 when having Jack. And 25 this time. The strangest was asking if I was from the travelling community. Thought that was odd but how and ever

Ah I got asked that in the Coombe but not the Rotunda... well just was I from an ethnic minority such as the Travelling community.

You're as bad as me! First at 21, second at 22, third at 24 and this one at 26.

It was weird being asked but I get why they have to ask it. Gave a urine sample to the nurse in my local gp office and she said there was no glucose in it too.

January wrote: »
    Ah I got asked that in the Coombe but not the Rotunda... well just was I from an ethnic minority such as the Travelling community.

You're as bad as me! First at 21, second at 22, third at 24 and this one at 26.

The forms are ten times bigger now at booking appointment compared to this time last year.

I don't plan on a third for at least 5 or more years. I want my body back

I don't understand why we fill in the same forms every time!
    That is why I wanted mine close,I want some bit of life back and my body back and to know I never have to suffer pregnancy again.

We're sayin no more but in 5 years who knows. But for now I'm gettin me back and gettin the pair I'll have on a bit and prob when there in school think about it again

Most of the forms now have little relevance to been pregnant. Even the nurse was like I hate to ask. She got some odd looks from me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Hi all,

Didn't get offered the glucose test either, my BMI was below what it should be before getting pregnant so I guess that's why they haven't mentioned it.
    I'm getting slightly uncomfortable now too, is anyone getting pains in their ribcage?? Ouch!!
    Starting to get a curious about what will happen labour-wise, I am 4ft 11, very slight and have size 2 feet! Which make me wonder if my pelvis is big enough for a natural delivery...I have yet to have any midwife or doctor talk to me about it....any ideas??

Advertisement