Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

My glucose (in urine) was slightly elevated the other day. Am eating LOADS of fruit & fresh juices, so they think it's probably all the fructose that's leaking into my urine.

I'm getting the ribcage pain too - the fact that I slouched on the couch all day Sunday didn't help I'm sure. But it was getting kinda uncomfortable at the end of my marathon telly sesh.

Feeling great these days, kind of amazing tbh! Going to the gym gives me a mega endorphin rush - and I'm not really getting any DOMS afterwards. Must be the relaxin. The odd day I just feel pooped, but taking any opportunity when I feel up to it to get out and about. Wonder what the 3rd trimester will bring. Off skiing on Sat, unfortunately I'm not bringing my boots :( but might try snowshoeing instead. Looking forward to the pool, hot chocolates & some nice massages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Oh go you on getting to the gym! I'm defo not doing enough excercise! Still have loads of energy tho thank god 😊

Wow would love a holiday, enjoy every minute of the pampering, sounds amazing!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hi all,

Didn't get offered the glucose test either, my BMI was below what it should be before getting pregnant so I guess that's why they haven't mentioned it.
    I'm getting slightly uncomfortable now too, is anyone getting pains in their ribcage?? Ouch!!
    Starting to get a curious about what will happen labour-wise, I am 4ft 11, very slight and have size 2 feet! Which make me wonder if my pelvis is big enough for a natural delivery...I have yet to have any midwife or doctor talk to me about it....any ideas??

You should be ok , but talk to a midwife or doctor . people come in all shapes and sizes .

I never got a GTT during the other 3 pregnancies but there is a lot of fluid this time and I am taking part in a study .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i walked from holles to grafton street, today to meet a friend for coffee. thought i was going pass out between the stitch pains on both sides, being unable to catch my breath and the dislocated ribs playing up.

spent the whole time with me friend thinking about having to walk back to Holles Street to get my car.

crashed on the sofa now.

am absolutely fecked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

John Mason wrote: »
    i walked from holles to grafton street, today to meet a friend for coffee. thought i was going pass out between the stitch pains on both sides, being unable to catch my breath and the dislocated ribs playing up.

spent the whole time with me friend thinking about having to walk back to Holles Street to get my car.

crashed on the sofa now.

am absolutely fecked

I get that stitch too... it's a total bítch...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

January wrote: »
    I get that stitch too... it's a total bítch...

its horrendous isnt it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Stomach is currently rock hard and killing me, wish i could get up to move around but stuck on this bloody bus for next 40 mins by the looks of things :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I for one hate that stitch near feels like the bottom of my tummy is gonna explode.

Hoping I can find out Monday week if i'm having a boy or girl. Bet they won't tell me again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I sometimes get that stitch too, in the spot where I've large deep scar on my belly from an old operation. I'm intrigued to find out what the scar is going to look like when I'm 'fully inflated'! Belly button is starting to stretch now, the skin around it feels tight.

I've been looking at this this morning, anyone got experience of it? I'm wondering if its okay for night time sleeping and not just naps, according to some Amazon reviews it is but I'm not sure!

http://www.toys.ie/Tiny-Love-3-in-1-Rocker-Napper-!126049-prd.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

once it goes completely flat and there is ventilation,it should be fine.
    I was looking at it too and even with international delivery amazon.com was the cheapest place.

I'm getting this... I didn't think it was suitable for over night sleeping.

It suggests that it is for napping and not a long term sleep soultion.
    http://answers.giggle.com/answers/6890/product/TYL503/questions.htm

Just out of that 3d scan, my little girl is actually a little boy... Apparently we are the second couple today with that from CUMH!

Just out of that 3d scan, my little girl is actually a little boy... Apparently we are the second couple today with that from CUMH!

:eek: I keep wondering if I should go for a 3D just to be sure... we were told ours is a boy.

Isn't it supposed to be a lot harder to get wrong if they say originally its a boy?

Isn't it supposed to be a lot harder to get wrong if they say originally its a boy?

I've no idea! Ah I'll just troop along and if it's a girl, it's a girl and if it's a boy it's a boy... although I have picked 'his' name out already! :p

I'm just glad we hadn't started buying girly stuff!

I'm just glad we hadn't started buying girly stuff!

I've bought a few boy things!

I was told I was having a boy at 31 weeks with J. I'm thinkin that far on there's no mistaken there's something between there legs.

The worst thing about them gettin it wrong is you've gotten used to having one and not the other.

A girl down the road was told she was having a boy and section day came and st was a girl. It's more common than we think

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm at 28 weeks now and it was quite obvious from the scan, so I'm sure it can't change back! Just a bit of a shock, will have to learn to say he and him!

That's the hard part to re train yourself. I didn't want to know first time they blabbed it to me and course hubby didn't want to know so I had 9 weeks of tryin not to say he.. TORTURE!

I didn't find out with my 3 but I did this time mostly because I did not mind but the 4 year old could not understand why anyone else would tell her if their bump was a girl or boy and I wouldn't lol
    so we asked and she said she was 70% sure but if it turned out to be hte other gender I would be just as happy only I would have to name her something else:)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Hi everyone!
    I was on this a few months ago but completely forgot about this place :)
    I'm 27 weeks now and due on April 20th with our first.
    We don't know what we're having because he didn't want to know and I wouldn't be able to keep quiet for that long.
    I'm attending the Rotunda at the moment, but going to give birth in Castlebar if everything works out. Has anyone switched hospitals during their pregnany before? If so, what's the procedure?
    I'm living in Dublin but he's in Mayo, so I'll be moving as soon as I start my maternity leave the end of march.

Haven't bought a thing yet except clothes. I've been looking at prams online but can't decide what kind to go for. The complete travel systems with carry cot and car seat seem like a good idea especially with a little baby as the car seat can just be clicked in when getting out of the car instead of moving the baby from one to the other. But the proper prams look a lot sturdier and warmer.
    I don't really know anything about prams but feel like the girls in the shops just try to sell you all the expensive stuff and extras that no one needs. What did you go for and why?

God, I have sooo many more things to ask but this is more than enough to start with. Hope you don't mind me barging in :D

Welcome!

Make a list of what you want the pram for!

eg small and light,small car boot,country walks,long walks,thinking of a 2nd soon?
    I had spreadsheets lol

Amazon have some great buggy bargains at the moment,kiddicare.com is where we bought all our stuff but most of that was 5 years ago.

Lots of people love the baby jogger city mini,it is not too expensive is light enough but can deal with walks too.I love my double out n about nipper.

Yeah it's kinda there's a buggy that suits everyone's needs out there it's just a matter of figuring out what you need it for the most.

I'm lookin at the out n about too seems ideal for newborn and almost 12 month old

I had my 2 year old and baby in it,then a 2 year old and 1 year old in it with the 3 year old sitting on the front,then a 2 year old and baby in it again and soon I will have a 15 month old and a new baby in it. I won't say it is still like new lol but it has taken a fair bashing and survived airplanes,steps and carrying far too much weight and it is still good.
    We have had 3 punctures in that time though. The basket underneath is pretty huge too so handy for small shopping trips or putting the kids coats.
    My only complaint is that I could not higher the handle but that is fixed on the newer version.

In fairness that's really good I know Jack is gonna be trouble so need something that could take abuse. Our car is big enough for most doubles but this one has really got my attention.

Physio gave me a TENS machine and support band earlier.

I think I may love her. Feeling so so much better with my back, even if its short term, its longer than I was managing!! Also the hip thing being explained to me as the misaligned pelvis has helped, even just knowing what it is that is causing it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Thanks for the replies ladies!
    Bought a pram this weekend - although we actually only went in to have a look. We bought the 'Tippitoes Toto Pushchair' 3in1 travel system. It was reduced to €299 and seemed sturdy and very very easy to steer. Once we got to the shop and the assistant showed us all the features of the buggies he was actually very interested, paid attention and asked lots of questions! Yay! Thought I'd have to do it by myself :-)
    The only time he looked like he was ready to run was when I suggested we buy one that can be changed into a double for our second baby! :D Ah well, he'll just have to buy me another one then. :cool:

Advertisement