Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Funny thing is it would have been me lookin at hubby if he said it about buying a double buggy. Now here I am gettin one. There'll be just 12 months between my two.

Iv my scan today. Round two on finding out what we're having. They better tell me this time. Sick of waiting now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Hi all. Hope you're all doing well. Had a checkup last Wednesday and everything is going great. I had the glucose test done too and I was fairly sick of needles after it. Good thing I don't mind lucozade too with the amount I had to drink. I asked if they could tell what sex the baby is and they said it looks like a girl but not to take that as a definite though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have my GTT as part of the Pears study this week. I love lucozade so hopefully it goes ok :)

Despite this being my 4th I have never done one before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

This is my first GTT too Rachael. Mine is on Monday... long day because I have to do the GTT in the morning (be there at 7.30) and then go back for consultants clinic at 1.30pm.

The fasting will kill me, especially the no water bit, I'm always parched in the morning.

For those who've never had a glucose test done they take blood pretty much first thing as you go in. You're then given a full bottle of lucozade and a small cup to drink. The wait starts then. After approximately 2 hours you're called back in to give more blood.

• Advertisement

I had it wish my little guy it was bloods when I got there then some lucozade and bloods after an hour them bloods after another hour. It's fine just a long morning.

KKkitty wrote: »
    For those who've never had a glucose test done they take blood pretty much first thing as you go in. You're then given a full bottle of lucozade and a small cup to drink. The wait starts then. After approximately 2 hours you're called back in to give more blood.

Rotunda is bloods first thing, then lucozade, then 1 hr, 2hr & 3hr after lucozade. You're encouraged to eat something before you leave the hospital. (I know in the Coombe they give you a voucher for their cafe, not sure about other hospitals).

January wrote: »
    Rotunda is bloods first thing, then lucozade, then 1 hr, 2hr & 3hr after lucozade. You're encouraged to eat something before you leave the hospital. (I know in the Coombe they give you a voucher for their cafe, not sure about other hospitals).

No such thing as vouchers for a cafe in my antenatal clinic. Got sick of waiting around though. Had a nice, comfy chair to sit on which took the edge off. Have a want on me for cereal and toast in the morning. Maybe my body is limbering up for breakfast in the hospital.

KKkitty wrote: »
    No such thing as vouchers for a cafe in my antenatal clinic. Got sick of waiting around though. Had a nice, comfy chair to sit on which took the edge off. Have a want on me for cereal and toast in the morning. Maybe my body is limbering up for breakfast in the hospital.

I actually quite like hospital food :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I loved the food in Holles St and the scones:)

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    I actually quite like hospital food :o

I don't mind it either contrary to what others may say. If I have one cup of tea now it means umpteen trips to the toilet. Baby sure likes using my bladder as a trampoline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

My bump has EXPLODED over the last two weeks. It looks mahoosive... I hope it's just a spurt not a sustained growth rate. Will mention it to the midwife on Friday anyway. Slightly freaked with how big it's gotten :/

up until 2 nights ago I was up 3-4 times a night to wee,making me even more wrecked.
    Bump normally comes out at some stage:) I am huge since nearly the beginning this time!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Went onto Mothercare website, clicked on the New Mum Essentials section.

Didn't realise fake tan was such an essential, theres like five tanning products in among the pads and creams!

The GTT was awful.
    You give bloods when you go in then drink 2 cups of glucose then bloods at 1 hour then bloods again at 2 hours.
    I reacted particularly badly and it was torture! ok again today but very thirsty.

Ugh that sounds so nasty, I'm glad that (so far anyway) it hasn't been mentioned to me!

I'm after terrifying myself with seeing just how bad solpadol would be online; apparently codeine in 3rd trimester will leave baby with crappy lungs and withdrawal symptoms, yet my gp has been telling me I'll be grand on the solpadeine (I take about 2 a day, some days, I'm fairly paranoid about it), and it does nothing for my upper back pain. While I know for a fact she wouldn't give me anything harmful for baby, I still feel awful!

If it is under gp instruction then you should be ok but maybe ask your midwife/consultant.

Had Domino appt today. All is well, even though I freaked out at the size of my bump all-of-a-sudden, it's spot on the 30 week growth and expected size.

No glucose in my urine this time, but some leukocytes, so they're sending it away for more testing. I feel great, so hopefully no kidney infection!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

Has anyone gone on an infant/kids first aid training course? I am thinking about booking one, but I don't know which one is best?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Has anyone gone on an infant/kids first aid training course? I am thinking about booking one, but I don't know which one is best?

Im over from Feb thread - hi! The Mothercare offers email ( like living social) has a 50% off deal on a child first aid course. Its in Dublin on a sat. its 25€ down from 50 if i remember correctly

• Advertisement

They are really worth doing. I did one this time last year when pregnant with my first while doing a nursing course. Cost 120 but it covered all first aid and so on. Think it's to be refreshed every 2-3 year's then but knowing the basic will stay with you for a long time

Anyone pick up their eumom bags? I got mine today, worth popping into a Supervalu to get one I reckon. One proper sized pack of baby wipes, a baby towel and some sample sized stuff. Along with some helpful info from welfare.ie on claiming your child benefit. Better than nothing!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

olaola wrote: »
    Anyone pick up their eumom bags? I got mine today, worth popping into a Supervalu to get one I reckon. One proper sized pack of baby wipes, a baby towel and some sample sized stuff. Along with some helpful info from welfare.ie on claiming your child benefit. Better than nothing!

not yet, i dont have any super values near me:(

Just hoovered the house, for no reason bar wanting to do it.

I hate hoovering with a passion.

This nesting thing is weird.

John Mason wrote: »
    not yet, i dont have any super values near me:(

I think Superquinns are now included in the list of shops that have them.

Just hoovered the house, for no reason bar wanting to do it.

I hate hoovering with a passion.

This nesting thing is weird.

Oh, I have great intentions of clearing out/cleaning. Then I get frustrated with the mess and I get into one of my pregnacy-related Malcolm Tucker type rages and I have to sit and drink a cup of tea to calm down!

I forgot about the eumom bag :) I got one last time and the stuff was really useful as was the bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. Totally forgot about the eumom bag aswell. That's a mission for this weekend!!
    31 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe it. Time is flying by. Is anyone finding it a struggle at work? I'm finding the tiredness is back and am wrecked when it comes to 5 o'clock. OH is away this week with work and I hate it!!
    Anyway hope everyone is keeping well and nearly in single figures 😊

I'm a week off single figures! Have a feeling this ones coming early. I dreamt about the numbers 6 4 14 and I thought lotto numbers but that didn't happen so upon thinking maybe it's baby's birth date. My original due date was the 2nd maybe it likes that time scale more!

I went in on due date first time. Who knows. And if I go in on the 17th then it will share birthdays with my 80 year old granny

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

deh983 wrote: »
    Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. Totally forgot about the eumom bag aswell. That's a mission for this weekend!!
    31 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe it. Time is flying by. Is anyone finding it a struggle at work? I'm finding the tiredness is back and am wrecked when it comes to 5 o'clock. OH is away this week with work and I hate it!!
    Anyway hope everyone is keeping well and nearly in single figures 😊

i get home from work, go to bed and read for an hour while himself makes the dinner, which i cant eat and then i am in bed again for 9.30pm

Advertisement