Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

John Mason wrote: »
    i get home from work, go to bed and read for an hour while himself makes the dinner, which i cant eat and then i am in bed again for 9.30pm

Why can't you eat it? Got no call back about my glucose test so I must be ok. This dull, depressing weather isn't helping my moods at all. Lately I've had an ear infection and cyst on the inside of my eyelid. Tried having my ear syringed and the pain of it was too much. Hope all of ye are doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

KKkitty wrote: »
    Why can't you eat it? Got no call back about my glucose test so I must be ok. This dull, depressing weather isn't helping my moods at all. Lately I've had an ear infection and cyst on the inside of my eyelid. Tried having my ear syringed and the pain of it was too much. Hope all of ye are doing well.

I didn't get a call either so I must be fine too. Although I received a letter today (2 days after I did the test) telling me that I had to fast from 8pm the night before as rules had changed... I only fasted from midnight...

January wrote: »
    I didn't get a call either so I must be fine too. Although I received a letter today (2 days after I did the test) telling me that I had to fast from 8pm the night before as rules had changed... I only fasted from midnight...

Same here with the fasting. Always presumed fasting meant from midnight onwards. What's done is done. Hopefully they won't call either of us back because of the rules being changed. The less I see of needles the better.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

only a few weeks of suffering left and then 6 months of no sleep;)
    My GTT was a waste because they could not take the 3rd blood test the lab refused to test the other 2 so need to get it done again,they are going to give me lucozade instead of the glucose stuff this time in the hope I am not sick.
    My eldest has been sick the last few days and the baby woke up screaming twice last night,I a used to my kids sleeping through and getting a full night sleep,on the brightside no school today or yesterday as she was not well enough.
    I am finding it hard to get the energy to do anyhting except the essentials but i did get my shopping delivered yesterday which was a bonus:)

Luckily giving blood does not bother me in the least.

Same here with the fasting. Always presumed fasting meant from midnight onwards. What's done is done. Hopefully they won't call either of us back because of the rules being changed. The less I see of needles the better.

I didn't tell them and won't be either... My arm is in bits from it, she took from the same site the three times...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ugh,they alternated arms for me.

I didn't tell them and won't be either... My arm is in bits from it, she took from the same site the three times...

Oh dear god, you poor thing. At my antenatal clinic the young lady who's taking your blood is at a window which she usually leaves open slightly so you can breathe through it more and have a lovely car park as scenery to distract you. Wish she wouldn't tell me when she's going to stick the needle in and just do it though.

Oh dear god, you poor thing. At my antenatal clinic the young lady who's taking your blood is at a window which she usually leaves open slightly so you can breathe through it more and have a lovely car park as scenery to distract you. Wish she wouldn't tell me when she's going to stick the needle in and just do it though.

Better than the little tiny room they have in the Rotunda where they take the blood two women at a time with no curtain or anything!

Better than the little tiny room they have in the Rotunda where they take the blood two women at a time with no curtain or anything!

Can they not afford a screen of some sort. Don't fancy that one bit at all. All women are called individually to this room in my clinic. Never had more than myself in there at the one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

YIKES! My dreams have been non-existent lately (well, I'm just not remembering them) but I had one this morning where I got kidnapped by a crazy bus driver in New York... WITHOUT MY PHONE.
    AND my waters broke, while I was going to the loo and something that looked like tripe came out :/ (ewww)

• Advertisement

olaola wrote: »
    YIKES! My dreams have been non-existent lately (well, I'm just not remembering them) but I had one this morning where I got kidnapped by a crazy bus driver in New York... WITHOUT MY PHONE.
    AND my waters broke, while I was going to the loo and something that looked like tripe came out :/ (ewww)
    My partner's brother had a dream that his female dog and me went into labour on the same day.

My partner's brother had a dream that his female dog and me went into labour on the same day.

Charming! And he thought he had to tell you too :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

since i got pregnant i have lost all interest in food which is really weird considering, i am a huge foodie.

i had a huge adventure yesterday, i slipped on a manhole cover outside the office and appear to have broken my shoulder.

so joys of joy, no pain killers and 6 weeks of rest!!

since i got pregnant i have lost all interest in food which is really weird considering, i am a huge foodie.

i had a huge adventure yesterday, i slipped on a manhole cover outside the office and appear to have broken my shoulder.

Oh good holy jaesus, that's awful - the no painkillers is a pain. Literally.

I'm a total greedy-guts, but for the first 12 weeks, it was like the dial of food flavour was turned down to about a 6. It was just fuel to me and I normally when I would stuff myself I would just eat a sufficient amount. Which is proper order I suppose! But food has started to taste better, but I can't fit that much in so I get full very quickly. But unless I'm starving I can't really muster up the same enthusiasm for it as I used to.

I'm the same slightly with food. Can't eat all that much without feeling like a beached whale. Swept and mopped my hall and kitchen today and I'm just shattered after it. My partner's brother's dog would want to get pregnant soon if that dream is to come true. You poor thing John Mason. Hope you're o.k. Try get paracetamol at least for the pain.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

keeping the paracetamol for the night time.

do you want to come and mop my floors:p

You poor pet :(
    I find it hard enough and I am intact .

Freaking hell John Mason, you're having it rough :\ You poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Hi all, I'm late to the party! I'm due no 3 in early April. I've had hyperemesis for the first 26 weeks, then I got pneumonia and now I'm just completely and utterly wrecked. I'm hoping and praying that this baby comes at 38 weeks cos the thoughts of being pregnant for possibly 4 weeks after that breaks my heart. I have no energy and thus I have done nothing to prepare for this little one yet.
    We need a double buggy, a new car to fit everyone in....probably a 2nd cot too soon enough. I'm just overwhelmed and have zero energy. My house is falling down around me, my husband is stressed out between working flat out and then trying to keep the house and kids going. My kids watch far too much tv and haven't been out in the fresh air since I don't know when. Oh, and I pretty much got shoved out of my job when I told them I was pregnant this time. We had to deal with an immediate family member having a serious degenerative disease and the house we were planning on buying as our family home fell through.Having a newborn is going to be a doddle compared to all this right?

Aww, how old is #1 and 2?
    *hugs*
    You poor thing,all the waddling and struggling doesn't help with the stress at all.

The double buggy = oooh new shiny buggy.(out n about nipper is brilliant)
    The new car - think of all the lovely space!!(ford galaxy is awesome)
    My husband is constantly working and traveling too,it sucks.
    As for work,well they have no right to treat you differently at all and do not be afraid for your job,you are pregnant they can do nothing legally about it.
    The house is only a house and maybe a nice bigger better one is around the corner:) mine is shrinking around me!!
    Personally I think yes having a newborn is way easier then being pregnant!!

My 1st was 38 weeks,2nd 39 and 3rd 41 I was fit to be tied lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

No 1 is almost 5, no 2 is 20 months. This baby was a bit of a surprise although very welcome, the timing just wasn't ideal.
    I'm pretty sure that we're getting the baby jogger city select double as I like all the combinations and the fact that it's handy to use as a single aswell when the older lad no longer wants to be in it.
    Carwise we're looking at the fords alright - Smax or Galaxy. We had an smax on holiday last year and loved it but as it's relatively new we might not get a 2nd hand one within our budget.
    I also think that having a newborn is easier than being pregnant - I don't like pregnancy at all and I'm looking forward to not having to endure it ever again. I made the hubby promise to have the snip when in the midst of an epic bout of vomiting but he reckons I might change my mind and try for number 4. I seriously doubt it.
    My first arrived bang on her due date after an epic labour lasting 2 days. My second arrived a day early after a 4 hr 50 min labour ( according to me ), according to my hospital notes it took 55 minutes from 3 cms to babe in arms. I'm a bit wary about this one and I'm not sure why. I didn't even have a whiff of gas and air last time and I managed ok so I don't know why I'm scared about this one.......

Just fear of the unknown! I had no pain relief on my last but still can't wait to beg for it all on this one!

I'm going to try for natural but if I need it I'll take it!

My eldest is 5 too,she loves helping everyone:)
    I hope to have another quick painful labour and be fine by the next day.
    Other then the pain ,the going in to shock after the super fast labours was the worst bit.

This is most definately my last ever,it is not fair on the kids if I suffer through another one.
    I can barely remember what it is like not to be tired and sick,it feels like I have spent the last 5 years pregnant instead of 3 of the last 6 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I was afraid the first time as I was told I wouldn't be able for all natural.. ended up I did just fine and everything was perfect.. like you I'm just as afraid this time.. judging by your first 2 its faster and faster there getting. My first was an hour 40

I went full term with both my boys. This time I'm an over emotional basket case. Can't watch anything on t.v. without crying. I had just the pethidine and gas and air with my last. Wasn't as bad as I thought.

Had my first uncomfortable night in bed last night. Kept waking hungry, thirsty, needing to go to the toilet, hips started to hurt, baby going mental!

Just couldn't get into a nice position.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hiya!

John Mason and Nicki, it sounds like you are both having a rough time. Hope things improve for you.

I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow, all going super good, baby is moving loads and has the hiccups at least once a day! He's also head down and is on strict orders to stay that way!

I am off work now, the nesting has officially started!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

32 week appointment today, baby is 1.7kg, head down and kicking like mental. My poor ribs don't know whats hit them!

Consultant seems happy, back in three weeks with him for further checkup :)

Trying to figure out how much of everything I need to get, since we need to start getting everything soon.

my bump has dropped significantly...back in a week or 2 for a scan so hopefully she is head down.

• Advertisement

I've had a headache all day... going to get my blood pressure checked in the pharmacy in the morning...

Advertisement