Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww:(
    Headaches are unfortunately a normal part of pregnancy for me:(
    I could possibly live on Gaviscon and Paracetamol and dark green crunchy granny smith apples...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there is ever an internal examination during pregnancy? Not that I want one, but it just seems strange that they never checked 'down there' at all. :eek:
    So far I've had my 13 week appointment, 20 weeks scan and a GTT at 28 weeks. I've also seen my GP four times.
    My blood was only taken at the 13 week appointment and at the GTT.
    I was in hospital for a week over Christmas with a bad gallbladder infection and had blood taken nearly every day, but that was only because I was in the hospital. I initially went for the midwife led clinic, but due to the hospital stay they put me back with the doctors.
    All my GP does is check my weight, check the urine sample and check my blood pressure. How do they know all my blood levels are still ok? And how do they know that internally everything is alright when they never had a look? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Internals are not essential unless you present in the emergency room with bleeding or you think your waters have broken.

Unless it's indicated that you need more blood tests you won't have them either (if you tell them you're overly tired they'll check your iron levels).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Moonbeam wrote: »
    aww:(
    Headaches are unfortunately a normal part of pregnancy for me:(
    I could possibly live on Gaviscon and Paracetamol and dark green crunchy granny smith apples...

Oh yeah!! Sour cold apples. Sounds amazing ;) I'm mad about pineapple atm. I get whole ones, cut them up & keep it in the fridge.

olaola wrote: »
    Oh yeah!! Sour cold apples. Sounds amazing ;) I'm mad about pineapple atm. I get whole ones, cut them up & keep it in the fridge.

Old wives tale says fresh pineapple brings on labour.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Old wives tale says fresh pineapple brings on labour.

Must be a new enough wives tale - don't think pineapples were handy when my parents were nippers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just bought the crib and mattress, first major thing we've bought for baby :D

http://www.toys.ie/Baby-Elegance-Lullaby-Glider-Crib-!123040-prd.aspx

Its perfect size for our room (cot was just too big) and we'll get a bit longer out of it than a Moses basket!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

GTT round 2 and so far so good \o/ last one was torture ! Felt sorry for another girl here suffering today .
    They used a different glucose drink this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Had growth scan and check up today. Baby measuring very big so am back tomorrow for GTT test. Have had relatively easy pregnancy up to now do am kind of shocked at this news that I possibly have diabetes and may have to have section. Has anyone else had this?? Moonbeam, is having the test that bad?? Sorry for the moan 😞

no todays test was fine:) i think I had some sort of allergic reaction to the glucose drink the last time,it was awful!!
    Don't worry too much about the growth yet,initially the gp thought my 1st was twins she was so big early on! I am not very big so there was talk about c sections etc if she got too big but she ended up being very long but only 7lb 4.
    I am a bit worried this time though that I think baby is still not head down but bump has definately dropped and I was big up until about 28 weeks and now I am not massive anymore but baby is very active.
    I could not deal with anything other then a nice straight forward birth where I get home the next day and am able to function fine and drive etc.it would be a disaster!!

• Advertisement

We went to our first (of five) Antenatal Parent Education classes last night in the Coombe, it was really good! The lady (I think she's German?) was really engaging, informative and entertaining. My physiotherapy classes are over, but they were also excellent. Really impressed with the staff so far!

Gah! I'm on the bus with a REALLY heavy bag full of pineapples and oranges. Not sure how I'm gonna walk from the bus stop... I couldn't help myself from buying them!!

BTW I just about got home and then I realised I had left TWO magnificent powdered sugared soft jam doughnuts AT THE TILL IN THE SHOP!
    Now they're all I can think about.

I somehow lost a cream egg the other day and of course craved one until I could finally go to the shop after school runs the next day :(

My car is now re-arranged,it wasn't raining so decided I better get it done which I can still sort of manage! The 3 and 5 year olds are gone in to the 3rd row and the 1 year old is in the 2nd row on his own which means I actually have passenger seats. It was hard to do but really needed to be done and the car needed to be hoovered badly!! and now at least it is done for the big day:)

I am going to miss my 3rd row of seats boot though!!

I have nearly everything out of it except car seats,buggies,sling and baby wipes.

No gestational diabetes for me,I got a text from the girls on the study earlier:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I somehow lost a cream egg the other day and of course craved one until I could finally go to the shop after school runs the next day :(

No gestational diabetes for me,I got a text from the girls on the study earlier:)

I haven't had one yet... I think I'm not really going for the sweeter things. Usually I'd be hoovering them up at this stage of the year! I might test one anyway ;)

Great news on the diabetes!

We need to rearrange our car too... older two will be in back row and younger two in the middle with a sort of aisle at the side to the back.

That is exactly what I did,I out down the middle seat so they can hop over but with 2 isofix seats either side it will probably be easier for them to get out one of the front doors though they will easily fit behind my chair too.

how is everyone? 35 days to APril \o/ \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

I know its flying in! soooooo exciting!! Had a surprise baby shower thrown for me at the wknd.....so much fun!
    Cant believe how lucky i've been with this pregnancy, heres hoping the labour will be as much of a breeze!....(who am i kidding! haha :-D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I may not make it to April doctor says I can go at any point that my BH could make my waters go and baby deliver spontaneously.. have to get internal tomorrow to see what's happening

I may not make it to April doctor says I can go at any point that my BH could make my waters go and baby deliver spontaneously.. have to get internal tomorrow to see what's happening

Hopefully everything is ok :)

• Advertisement

Hope all goes well tomo

Good Luck tomorrow:)

Thanks all hopefully I'll be coming home after appointment..

Takes so long to get seen though.. grrr

Thanks all hopefully I'll be coming home after appointment..

Takes so long to get seen though.. grrr

I never knew that BH can bring on labour at any time, is it common??

He said if I'm having them every 15 mins then go hospital. The day I had jack I had them all day and they just got more frequent and more intense then I was in labour. They get you warmed up I guess and having them so much can indicate preterm labour

34 weeks today! (yikes) nesting in full effect, nursery floor varnished, made shelves for the hot press yesterday, putting up all those prints I bought, put up new blinds, and about to start painting after I walk the dog!

Best of luck Synyster Shadow!

How did you get on Synyster Shadow? How is everyone else doing?

Im 32 wks now and can't believe how fast its flying! My only major complaint at the moment is baby pressing on my bladder, Im ok once im stationary but as soon as I try walking anywhere I get a constant bursting need to pee and pains in my bladder, the poor doggy is getting very depressed with his lack of daily walks!!! :-(

No internal today back in two weeks she said have bag ready and hope we get by the next few weeks so baby is well on.. bp and all was grand so she said see how contractions are and if unsure call in any time

33 weeks now this week.. just a bit further I'm hoping 4 at least

Fingers crossed for you

• Advertisement

once I make it to 36 I am happy:) 36 could even suit me lol
    Himself will be back on the 5th April and due 23rd so maybe the 6th would suit.
    I need to be less sick:(

Advertisement