Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Round 1 to baby brain round 2 to synyster

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I kept forgetting to bring mine with me and anytime I passed or went to the local Supervalu would nearly face palm because I kept forgetting. So now, it lives in the car until I can find one in stock.

Yea I'm awful at remembering
    My local supervalue never runs out.. the joy of the Midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I am 35 weeks and have weekly appointments shared with GP and midwife clinic.

What's in the EU mom pack? Never heard of it! Do you have to buy something to get it?

Glad that you are out of the hospital Littlemiss!

I'm 34 weeks, and it's still every 2 weeks for me (Midwive & GP too!) I was wondering did she make a mistake? Or maybe it's the last two weeks I get seen every week?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I never got seen every week on any of them.
    I have to remember to go t the gp in 2 weeks though,I am useless at actually going to them.

• Advertisement

Yeah I hear ya there I was two weeks late for mine and only went because of excessive BH..
    I only had 2 hospital appointments my third is at 36 weeks seen more of my doctor even though I never remember

Where are you ladies mostly getting kicks at this stage?

I could swear this baby is not head down any longer because my left side, right down near the hip is taking a battering since earlier on today.

Baby mostly has head down feels close to been engaged with the discomfort I feel. The feet and knees are againt my belly button all day and tucked under my left ribs at night. Looking for a way out already.

The lightning crotch is a killer

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

January wrote: »
    Where are you ladies mostly getting kicks at this stage?

I could swear this baby is not head down any longer because my left side, right down near the hip is taking a battering since earlier on today.

All my movement is on the left and right side. !!

For the very first time in the last 32 weeks the baby moved off my bladder, I had the best nights sleep last night. Usually I have at least 4 bathroom trips.

So happy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am feeling punches rather then kicks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Serious case of lightning crotch over the last 24 hours, this baby is violently wanting out! Feels like he's moved out of my rib cage though which is LOVELY! Seems like feet are pressed around belly button again, can actually see the movements now!

Back in to get BP checked in hospital today, wish me luck ladies! Don't want to be in there again :/

I take back what I said about baby moving off my bladder. 6 bathroom trips last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

John Mason wrote: »
    I take back what I said about baby moving off my bladder. 6 bathroom trips last night.

My bladder gets battered all day long, to the point where it's painful, but as soon as I get into bed it stops! No bathroom trips at all at night, maybe it's the way I lie....odd one!!

Up until last week I could walk 3 miles a day. Now with baby bearing down on my bladder and the pressure on my hips and pelvis I can't walk more than half a mile to a mile. Sucks I enjoy walking and I'm convinced it helped with the easy labour I had first time

The lightning crotch makes hubby laugh Ihad a few choice words for him asking how he'd like me to shock his danglies think I got my point across

my hips and pelvis are killing me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Had a bad few days. Was feeling shattered so went to my doctor and the protein levels in my sample were very high. Coupled with high blood pressure meant straight to hospital. Different consultants telling me different things drove me up the wall. One told me I'd have to stay in hospital til the baby is born and the other who's the head consultant said I could go home today. Was admitted last Thursday and only out today. Felt like cracking up. On tablets for the blood pressure now though thank god.

oh you poor thing:(

Escaped Thursday from the ward of newborns. Readmitted today with a ward of labouring women. Not entirely sure any of it is doing the bold pressure any good.

Doctor yesterday started talking about how long more we can leave baby in, which started a complete emotional meltdown - baby is already measuring small and she's on about potentially not waiting until 37 weeks if my bp doesn't behave. Much as this in and out of hospital sucks I would rather him be healthy than just an easy fix to this issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Escaped Thursday from the ward of newborns. Readmitted today with a ward of labouring women. Not entirely sure any of it is doing the bold pressure any good.

Doctor yesterday started talking about how long more we can leave baby in, which started a complete emotional meltdown - baby is already measuring small and she's on about potentially not waiting until 37 weeks if my bp doesn't behave. Much as this in and out of hospital sucks I would rather him be healthy than just an easy fix to this issue...

Thinking of you x you are in the right place though for you and baba, hold tight :-) how many weeks are you now?

Aww hon:(
    At least you are being looked after and what ever is best for baby will happen,it sucks for you but in a few weeks you will have your lovely snuggly baby in your arms.

• Advertisement

KKkitty and lilmissprincess, you've both had it so hard. Hopefully you are both ok, babies will be here soon!

Just had the ward manager inform me that it's not a prison but they don't want me to leave.

And my blood pressure is being good today.

I think they just like me being here at this point. However, tres disappointed at the sliced mandarin for dessert on today of all days :P

Guess I just have to think positive and keep the fingers crossed. And ensure that this is definitely going to be an only child/any siblings will be adopted...

first antenatal class today. so excited about getting out of the house, that doesnt involve hospital waiting rooms:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Feeling ok today. Just need to relax and try not to think about what's happened. Hospital isn't a prison but when you're there unexpectedly it feels like it is. You can walk around but where to and days are long. Ankles swelled and have chapped lips from the heat in there too. Protein levels were 4 last Thursday but by Saturday they dipped to 2 which was great. Missed my boys and partner to which didn't help. None of my siblings visited which upset me too.

aww:(
    It is impossible to even enjoy the peace and sleep:(
    I hope they let you out very soon.

is anyone else feeling really demotivated?

i have done nothing but sit on the sofa watching some cheesy american programme on netflix.

i feel horrible, i cant move myself, i hate this feeling:(

Got my EUMom bag in Supervalu Tyrellstown today :)

Also got some of the nursing bra's in Penneys, fecking fantastic value, 2 for €10! Think I might pick up some of the nursing vests too, will wait to see how I get on.

Just have to buy some maternity pads now (they'd none of the big green packs in Boots today) and my hospital bag will be sorted... well, still needs to be packed but I have everything :p

I'm getting serious baby brain though, turned up for hospital appointment on Monday and wasn't supposed to be in until next Monday, thankfully they saw me this week and my 4 year old had a physio appointment this morning and I thought it was for 10am, but nope... 12pm was the time! Whoops...

John Mason wrote: »
    is anyone else feeling really demotivated?

i have done nothing but sit on the sofa watching some cheesy american programme on netflix.

i feel horrible, i cant move myself, i hate this feeling:(

I was totally exhausted yesterday - I even considered sending himself to the antenatal class on his own and taking notes! But still managed to make pancakes... NOM!

I find if I don't get my exercise during the day, I don't sleep well at night. And then I'm tired, so I can't exercise! So it gets me into a vicious circle. Trying to keep up decent walks and the odd trip to the gym.

We're off on a babymoon this weekend! So I just got my nails shellac-ed and washing my nice clothes :) Can't wait for a big bed with LOADS of feather pillows!

January wrote: »
    Got my EUMom bag in Supervalu Tyrellstown today :)

Also got some of the nursing bra's in Penneys, fecking fantastic value, 2 for €10! Think I might pick up some of the nursing vests too, will wait to see how I get on.

Just have to buy some maternity pads now (they'd none of the big green packs in Boots today) and my hospital bag will be sorted... well, still needs to be packed but I have everything :p

I'm getting serious baby brain though, turned up for hospital appointment on Monday and wasn't supposed to be in until next Monday, thankfully they saw me this week and my 4 year old had a physio appointment this morning and I thought it was for 10am, but nope... 12pm was the time! Whoops...

I got those bras too, just for normal non-underwire wear. They're grand for 2 for a tenner! Not sure what size I'll need though when the milk comes in. My boobs aren't *that* much bigger at this point.

I know what you mean about the appointments, I KNOW I have something on such a day, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it is. Just that niggling feeling that I'm forgetting something. So I set two reminders for every appt on my phone.

• Advertisement

got those bras a few months ago. i didnt find them comfortable.

so jealous of everyone going on their babymoons. we had to cancel ours, when i broke my shoulder the day before we were due to go.

moan moan moan

Advertisement