Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

olaola wrote: »
    I got those bras too, just for normal non-underwire wear. They're grand for 2 for a tenner! Not sure what size I'll need though when the milk comes in. My boobs aren't *that* much bigger at this point.

I know what you mean about the appointments, I KNOW I have something on such a day, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it is. Just that niggling feeling that I'm forgetting something. So I set two reminders for every appt on my phone.

I had set reminders :| But they were for the wrong days and times :\

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am a walking disaster I rear ended a van on the school run last week , came out the front door today holding the baby and went flying across the external porch tiles
    I did not drop him , he did not even cry . I automatically protected his fave so whacked my hand off my big ton bag of logs and whacked my knee on the tiles .
    External tiles are so stupid wah wah wah ;)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I am a walking disaster I rear ended a van on the school run last week , came out the front door today holding the baby and went flying across the external porch tiles
    I did not drop him , he did not even cry . I automatically protected his fave so whacked my hand off my big ton bag of logs and whacked my knee on the tiles .
    External tiles are so stupid wah wah wah ;)

:\ Poor you... Hope you're not too sore :( Mind yourself and bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Oh I'm a complete cluts I've ended up needing stitches once a year. The night before my wedding I was helping my cousin finish work as the other cousin threw a strop and left. They make fitted kitchens and I managed to slice open my hand inbetween thumb and finger. Went to casulty the next day hadn't time that night. Second was 3 days before given birth to my son fell out the back door and down 3 steps managed to turn myself and land completely on one knee more stitches both happened a year apart so due again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I have to bow out of this thread now as I had an emergency c section yesterday. Had a beautiful girl and she's doing well. Best of luck to ye all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

KKkitty wrote: »
    I have to bow out of this thread now as I had an emergency c section yesterday. Had a beautiful girl and she's doing well. Best of luck to ye all.

Oh Congrats! Hope all is well :)

You don't have to bow out at all. Keep posting if you wish with updates on your little one, others are doing it in their birth threads. :)

Congrats btw

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww congrats :) our 1st "April" baby <3
    How are you getting on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Congratulations!! I hope all is well with you and your little girl :-) x

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Oh wow. Congratulations!

This just gave me a big wake up call. Going to pack my hospital bag tomorrow! I just realized how close it actually is to my due date and that it could really happen any time now. Wow. :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Congrats enjoy every minute of it all.
    Wonder who's next

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

How are you all doing this eve? Anyone experiencing stabbing pains in their nether regions lately!?? 😳😠xxx

I had a lovely hot stone massage :) feel so much less sore now .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Day two (of my four this week alone) in CUMH, I've given in to the fact that I need to be here, my body does not like pregnancy it has made that perfectly clear!

Blood pressure meds increased today, since at current dose they're at what the doc called "homeopathic" levels :P fingers crossed that works! In the meantime doing 24 hour protein urine collection to double check it's not pre eclampsia, the glamour of it!

How are you all?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I had a lovely hot stone massage :) feel so much less sore now .

Can I ask a dumb question.. How do they do massages when pregnant.. I assume you can't lie on stomach..?? I really need a back massage

How are you all doing this eve? Anyone experiencing stabbing pains in their nether regions lately!?? 😳😠xxx

Yes there getting more frequent too. And worse when I carry my 11 month old.
    I'm so ready to have baby in the next 2-3 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

MissFire wrote: »
    Can I ask a dumb question.. How do they do massages when pregnant.. I assume you can't lie on stomach..?? I really need a back massage

You just lie on your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Arrived yesterday for our 'babymoon' at Mount Juliet (which is fab btw!) got into the spa, started to feel ill, got sick into a bin! Then started to faint! The poor therapists, who were amazing, had this flappy (naked) pregnant lady on their hands.

What timing. I haven't been sick my whole pregnancy and I've never fainted before. I was really looking forward to my spa day. Boo. First world problems I suppose...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the place i got to has a bed with a hammock for your belly, so you can still lie on your front.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

How are you all doing this eve? Anyone experiencing stabbing pains in their nether regions lately!?? 😳😠xxx[/quote

Oh thank god it's not just me. Have had these since Friday. So painful. Junior was breech so I'm hoping this means not anymore! Is it just a sign of babs getting ready for the big move???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Congrats KKKitty! Hope you are both doing well!

I am 36 weeks, I actually wouldn't mind if my baby were the next baby of the April thread!

He's very low in my pelvis and it feels like the capacity of my bladder has reduced by 90%...

I have to pack my bag this week, I just need to buy nappies, have all the rest!

You lie on your side , it was amazing . I was so sore especially after my fall .

Got my big sling off today - fecking delighted but am now wondering if i should go back to work? They are not expecting me back. Just posted a cert and a social welfare form for the next 4 weeks today.

It would piss them off no end if I came back because they think they dont have to deal with my union complaints now. A really evil part of my wants to go back.

Oh id so do it but then again I'd look at what I've left to do and wonder If my evilness is worth it lol

Oh id so do it but then again I'd look at what I've left to do and wonder If my evilness is worth it lol

I think my laziness is stronger than my need for revenge plus I will be able to drove again and the weather is so much nicer :-)

Exactly. I'd sit back and try enjoy the uncomfortable end of pregnancy. I have my bag ready now and i'm just waiting to pop. They say any day so here's hoping I won't go over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Don't have the protein levels for pre eclampsia so have been told its prenatal hypertension and we will have to wait and see if this dose of drugs works. I am beyond sick of this ward, everyone else is getting to go home or have their baby.

Did just get told I have a puffy face though. So attractive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

I haven't be on here in a while. Took me ages to catch up with all the goings on! I hope everyone is ok.

I took the opportunity to work from home today, and what a perfect day. I've been out on my balcony all day; it felt like 20c not 12C. I am going to start working from home 2 days a week now. I still have 4.5 weeks of work left as I want to work as long as possible. The time is dragging in at work...

I really want a babymoon - any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

Been lurking here a while thought I better introduce myself. Am 33 weeks and due the end if April in the Rotunda. Starting to struggle with the tiredness especially as it's a particularly busy period in work, but finishing up in 4.5 weeks. Hope the next few weeks go well for everyone.:)

• Advertisement

I haven't be on here in a while. Took me ages to catch up with all the goings on! I hope everyone is ok.

I took the opportunity to work from home today, and what a perfect day. I've been out on my balcony all day; it felt like 20c not 12C. I am going to start working from home 2 days a week now. I still have 4.5 weeks of work left as I want to work as long as possible. The time is dragging in at work...

I really want a babymoon - any recommendations?

We were in Rathsallagh for the weekend,it was so relaxing and so lovely.

Advertisement