Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Lucozade cravings have set in!! on the 1st they set in at a few weeks,the 2nd a few months and now towards the end. More proof that it is a girl lol
    I might prefer a boy but I named her on our summer holiday bookings lol

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Oh I love lucozade!!! Can't beat an ice cold one. I always feel guilty after drinking it though. How bad is it really??? It's the only thing that quenches by unbelievable thirst these days!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

nah sure tis fine;)
    if baby is ever quite a nice cold one wakes her up:)

Great won't feel guilty anymore!! And the large bottles are on special offer in tesco :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Hubby may be getting work in different county so we may be moving in a matter of weeks. With two kids a year old and a week old at best I don't know how will manage. Kinda anxious about moving somewhere I know no one and two babies to look after.

Anyway the house is perfect that we are looking at. I was awake all night having strong Braxton Hicks think it was all worry. Gonna be so alone and hubby won't get home till kids asleep and gone before they get up. Me thinks it may push me too far and I could get a little down. I know I can drive but I'd have to plan when to go what to bring then the time I need to be home to light fire and start dinner and so on. Plus hubby does Muay Thai kick boxing in his spare time and may be working Saturdays too

So not ready now like I thought I was. Hate too much change at once. Couldnt all happen at a worse time. But I'll do what I have to, to support him and what he needs to do

Least hospital bags sorted just need a bag for Jack for when he goes to his granparents when D day comes. Of course bottles will need to be organised at the time and his travel cot and all that stuff. More stress was weighing on my mind all night as I thought contractions were getting me down the labour road early. Fingers crossed I go in the day or evening instead of getting him up in the middle of the night. Feel bad for him that I'll be away having a baby and not been home with him he's so precious to me, how have others divided themselves between there babies? Feel like I'm taken away from Jack by having a small gap between him and this little one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Steroid injections taken. Hoping blood pressure behaves overnight but it hasn't been for most of today :( just want home now.. And to never ever need those injections again!!

Aww:(
    Can you not let him go and follow in a few weeks?
    I dunno if I could move country with a 1 week old!
    Hubby may be getting work in different county so we may be moving in a matter of weeks. With two kids a year old and a week old at best I don't know how will manage. Kinda anxious about moving somewhere I know no one and two babies to look after.

Anyway the house is perfect that we are looking at. I was awake all night having strong Braxton Hicks think it was all worry. Gonna be so alone and hubby won't get home till kids asleep and gone before they get up. Me thinks it may push me too far and I could get a little down. I know I can drive but I'd have to plan when to go what to bring then the time I need to be home to light fire and start dinner and so on. Plus hubby does Muay Thai kick boxing in his spare time and may be working Saturdays too

So not ready now like I thought I was. Hate too much change at once. Couldnt all happen at a worse time. But I'll do what I have to, to support him and what he needs to do

Least hospital bags sorted just need a bag for Jack for when he goes to his granparents when D day comes. Of course bottles will need to be organised at the time and his travel cot and all that stuff. More stress was weighing on my mind all night as I thought contractions were getting me down the labour road early. Fingers crossed I go in the day or evening instead of getting him up in the middle of the night. Feel bad for him that I'll be away having a baby and not been home with him he's so precious to me, how have others divided themselves between there babies? Feel like I'm taken away from Jack by having a small gap between him and this little one

Steroid injections taken. Hoping blood pressure behaves overnight but it hasn't been for most of today :( just want home now.. And to never ever need those injections again!!

Hopefully it comes down.
    I had the injections on #1,I barely noticed them rbh and way better ot have htem then not.
    Try take it easy and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

I kinda know how you feel. I'll be moving from Dublin to Mayo three weeks before my due date. Obviously that's not the same. I have no other children yet, so I only have to move my own things and not look after a baby and toddler as well. I can only imagine how hard that must be.

My partner is from Mayo and for the past two and a half years we've been going long-distance. Only saw him at weekends and holidays and now we're having a baby and moving into our house at the same time. A lot of change at once.

Like you, I'm afraid of the unknown. I have no friends in Mayo and our house is in the countryside and I don't drive. It's almost 5km from our house into town so I'll be very isolated and lonely until I get my license and we can afford a car.
    I've looked up mother and toddler groups even though my baby isn't even here yet, but that might be a good place to start once you get settled? You could meet lots of lovely women and make great friends.

It is not so bad being in a place where you know no one with a baby because there will always be baby classes or a mother and toddler group or similar nearby.
    I would find it hard living in the middle of the countryside with no transport at all though,I really hope it goes well for you.

I dug out my breast feeding pillow to sleep on,oh it is so more comfie and I have not got up to go to the loo the last 2 nights which is amazing as osme nights it was 9 times + leaving me even more wrecked then usual!!

• Advertisement

I think for me it's fear of baby blues and been further from my comfort zone than ever before with two babies and hubby not a close by, he'll be over an hour away.

The unknown is horrible

How did you not dig that pillow out sooner I would have so comfortable

I blame the utter exhaustion for forgetting how much I loved it!
    aww even when you move he will be over an hour away:(
    you will still have all of us;))

It's gonna be horrible him been that far away and that's with us moving closer. Least boards will always be here.
    Anyone live near ballinasloe

I finally bought the contents of my maternity bag!! and a little knitted baby gro:)
    I should go pack it now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I've had all the bits for my maternity bag but my sister has my bag and keeps forgetting to bring it up so I haven't packed yet.

Also forgot to mention that I woke at 2am this morning with the most excruciating wind pains... they literally took over my whole torso and I was nearly crying with pain... the only thing that helped it in the end was actually making myself vomit :(

Was absolutely horrible and hope not to experience it again.

I'm having these manky back spasms all day. Not super fun at all.

Hope you feel better January!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

January wrote: »
    Also forgot to mention that I woke at 2am this morning with the most excruciating wind pains... they literally took over my whole torso and I was nearly crying with pain... the only thing that helped it in the end was actually making myself vomit :(

Was absolutely horrible and hope not to experience it again.

Hey there, bit late to have only found this thread - due April 8th Rotunda but can totally relate to your gas pains, have been suffering with this since thursday, sitting awake atm because I've been waking with cramps, so odd, definitely an increase in BM but wouldn't say it's diarrhoea, hospital say sounds like tummy bug but have been reading online this is a sign of approaching labour? Had my last child 2 weeks early so wouldn't be completely off the wall, feeling so miserable and irritable with cramping and lack of sleep I will be relying on adrenaline alone to get me through labour :(

I had my 35 week scan as part of The Pears study today:)
    Baby is definitely a girl and weighs in at about 5lb 4 which is apparently super average.
    So my girls are delighted that a sister is definitely confirmed:) my boy is super cute and I don't think he will mind 3 sisters yet lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I had my 35 week scan as part of The Pears study today:)
    Baby is definitely a girl and weighs in at about 5lb 4 which is apparently super average.
    So my girls are delighted that a sister is definitely confirmed:) my boy is super cute and I don't think he will mind 3 sisters yet lol

Aww congrats Moonbeam! You're getting so close! :)

• Advertisement

Hi all. Hope all is well with everyone. Can't believe it's nearly our month. I was 37 weeks yesterday. Junior has turned so we are all ready to go. Finished work aswell so it's all so real now.

Anyway hope everyone is keeping well and looking forward to the next few weeks!!!

Its looking like I have pre-eclampsia, back in hospital since Tuesday after my week here last week, blood pressure up and down like a yo yo but has been okay for last few readings today after many different drug combinations and two solid days of bed rest...but have got results of protein collection back and its over 3000mg in 24 hours - not good.

I'm waiting to hear in the morning what they plan to do.Nervous now. Much as I want him out, I had an antenatal class today where induction was described and it doesn't sound nice at all!

aww *hugs* at least it is the end.
    I have never been induced but at least you know and are prepared and can get pain relief if you want.
    I think this is the bit we all start panicing about birth!!

It is my 4th and last and I am already starting to panic..

Moonbeam wrote: »
    aww *hugs* at least it is the end.
    I have never been induced but at least you know and are prepared and can get pain relief if you want.
    I think this is the bit we all start panicing about birth!!

It is my 4th and last and I am already starting to panic..

4th here too and crapping it!

Going to spend my weekend packing. Finishing up in work next Thursday morning thank god. And then I'll be moving to Ballina next weekend.
    I'm panicking about birth now too. Haven't had any preparation because they wouldn't schedule them for the mornings or late afternoons for me. I work nights, so I really can't get up after only three hours sleep.
    But I'm sure I'll be ok. Women have been giving birth for god knows how long without preparation, so I'm definitely not the first one.
    I'm having a bit of pain in my right calf tonight. Had it this morning for a few minutes too and my calf and ankle looked a bit swollen. If its still swollen tomorrow I think I'll go to see my doctor because she always asks about swelling in the legs. Not sure what it could be and I don't even want to start googling cos google will only tell me that I'm dying lol

January wrote: »
    4th here too and crapping it!

Is that because you know what's coming? :-)

dottybows wrote: »
    Is that because you know what's coming? :-)

Nah :) if it was that painful and horrible I wouldn't have had 4 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

dottybows wrote: »
    I'm having a bit of pain in my right calf tonight. Had it this morning for a few minutes too and my calf and ankle looked a bit swollen.

Hi dottybows

Please do go to your doctor about this!

Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

38 weeks today... Eeeeeek! 2nd pregnancy and so so nervous about the birth as well. Ignorance was bliss on the first one!

Best of luck lilmissprincess x

• Advertisement

Offically pre-eclampsia but waiting and waiting for the consultant.

Strange sense of calm over me, but that could well be from all the drugs. I am just gonna let everything happen because theres no point in panicking myself unnecessarily. Just wish that I hadn't seen that episode of Downton Abbey...

Advertisement