Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Offically pre-eclampsia but waiting and waiting for the consultant.

Strange sense of calm over me, but that could well be from all the drugs. I am just gonna let everything happen because theres no point in panicking myself unnecessarily. Just wish that I hadn't seen that episode of Downton Abbey...

Hey lmp,
    Sorry to hear about the pre-eclampsia. Just wanted to say try not to worry if they do decide to induce you. I've no experience with pre-eclampsia but went through induction in CUMH with my first baby in November. Like you I didn't like the sound of what I'd heard about it in the Antenatal class and had from a lot of people 'oh, you don't want to be induced, avoid it' etc. All the people who were saying this to me hadn't been induced themselves! I was at a first birthday a few days before my induction date and one of my husbands friends wives asked how I was feeling about the possibility of induction. I said that I was nervous about it and wanted to go myself. She said the stories about it annoyed her because it made her unnecessarily uneasy before her first induction but she had a very positive and calm experience on both of hers. She said she took pain relief when necessary and managed to sleep for a few hours before pushing. This prompted another girl to tell me about being induced with all three of her babies. She said each one of her induction experiences was different but obviously it hadn't put her off as she was expecting number 4! My own experience of it was different from the norm but nothing dramatic really. They started my gels at 6pm and I was told all going according to plan that she'd be in my arms by 8pm the following day. I sent himself home at 10.30/11 and told him he might as well get some sleep as we were facing into a long day the next day. I got my second round of gel around 12.30am and had some back pain within a few hours. Around 3/4am the midwife told me that it was gel pains and suggested a bath. That helped a little. I had some pethedine too. After that I was hopping in and out of the shower(had my own room). I was thinking these gel pains were a bitch but I just walked and bounced and showered and just kept to myself, didn't even call the midwife as I thought they were gel pains :pac: My consultant came in to examine me at 7/7.15am and I had gotten to nearly 7cm in the room. He went off to get a delivery suite while I rang my husband at around 7.30. He got stuck in morning traffic but thankfully had been in his parents and was getting a lift from them so hopped out and legged it. He arrived around within 30/35 mins of me ringing him. At that stage I was just about pushing and little lady arrived almost 12 hours earlier than we expected. Forget about Downton and best of luck with it all!!! I'll be thinking of you today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

Roesy thanks for your positive post on induction. I was advised at my last appointment they are likely to induce me at 39 weeks due to high blood pressure. I've been researching ever since (still have a few weeks to go) but hard to get positive information. Most info seems to point at arguing against/delaying induction which I don't think is appropriate for me as they are pushing it for medical reasons. So it was really refreshing to read your post!

Look after yourself lilmissprincess. Hope all goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

effibear wrote: »
    Roesy thanks for your positive post on induction. I was advised at my last appointment they are likely to induce me at 39 weeks due to high blood pressure. I've been researching ever since (still have a few weeks to go) but hard to get positive information. Most info seems to point at arguing against/delaying induction which I don't think is appropriate for me as they are pushing it for medical reasons. So it was really refreshing to read your post!

Look after yourself lilmissprincess. Hope all goes well

effibear, I found the same when I was looking it up. I won't say lie and say it was fun or painless but I don't think any labour experience is going to be...unless of course you are like a friend of mine who in her own words basically just sneezed her two out with just a couple of paracetamol and some gas and air. I also have an aunt who compared labour to a bad toothache. I remember being in the throes of it and wondering what the fcuk must her toothaches be like :pac: Try not to stress about it, easier said than done, I know. I definitely wouldn't be getting as worried about it if I had to do it again next time. The one thing I didn't expect was that most of my contractions were in the form of back pain so thats probably why I was a bit surprised to discover I was nearly at 7cm. Try to stay active during the labour and take the pain relief if you need it. Good luck with it all!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Offically pre-eclampsia but waiting and waiting for the consultant.

Strange sense of calm over me, but that could well be from all the drugs. I am just gonna let everything happen because theres no point in panicking myself unnecessarily. Just wish that I hadn't seen that episode of Downton Abbey...

aww *huge hugs* and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

After decision to induce on Saturday, a 35 hour process led to an EMCS with baby Eliott being born at 7.05 yesterday morning. He's tiny (5lb 8), but very very cute and all signs healthy so far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats lilmissprincess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Congrats. Yey April babies are a go. I'm in the clinic now and so far there's a problem with sugars and blood present too. But 37 weeks this week so i'm Ok with going anytime now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

After decision to induce on Saturday, a 35 hour process led to an EMCS with baby Eliott being born at 7.05 yesterday morning. He's tiny (5lb 8), but very very cute and all signs healthy so far!

Aww congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Ms robber had our April baby on Monday morning. 5 weeks early but still healthy at 5 lbs 9 ounces.
    Waters had broke on Saturday morning, hospital had been planning to keep mum for as long as they could but baby had other ideas and rushed into the world.

That's 3 early April babies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Congratulations littlemissprincess and Robbie! Synyster, hope it all goes well for you!

I am 38 weeks + 5 days... Getting close!

I've just been told there is chicken pox in my sons class in the creche... He hasn't had it. I am pretty sure he's incubating. Baaaaaaaad timing!! I am immune to it, but more worried about the baby catching it. I had a GP appointment this morning, she said that the baby will have my immunity for about 6 weeks so that should reduce the chances of getting it. Still not ideal :-(

Well finally got someone who would tell me what were having. At 37 weeks it's late but still happy to know. My little man will have a sister still can't believe it I thought boy all along. Baby measuring perfect and head fully down which I knew a week ago so now it's a waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Congrats to all the early April babbies!

I'm 38 weeks today and I think that baby has moved down, as I'm feeling the urgent need to wee ... ALL the time. Got my hurr did and our bedroom blitzed. Have a rolling stock of flapjacks for the hospital bag and I'm happy to pop any day but April 1st! ;)

olaola wrote: »
    Congrats to all the early April babbies!

I'm 38 weeks today and I think that baby has moved down, as I'm feeling the urgent need to wee ... ALL the time! Got my hurr did and our bedroom blitzed! Have a rolling stock of flapjacks for the hospital bag and I'm happy to pop any day but April 1st! ;)

I'm feeling the same, the need to pee is there all the time now and I can feel his head wedging down there good and deep. Have had horrible back pain like I pulled something since Saturday.

Lets hope the theme of early babies continues!

my baba is well down too,my hips feel alot better and keep pulling muscles in my bump during the night.
    I have had enough of pregnancy for now.
    My 14 month old weighs just under 2 stone and he refuses to experiment with walking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Oh wow congrats littlemiss! Hope all is well with baby and you're recovering well too.

I went to the doctor about my swollen calf and the pain in my leg and she said not to have any salt and drink lots of water. Worked straight away. No more swelling and no more pain. Thank god.
    I have two shifts left in work and have my 36 week appointment at the hospital on Friday. Moving to Ballina Saturday and I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday. Baby can come any time after that even though I'll miss being pregnant to be honest. I think I've had an easy first pregnancy and it went by way too fast. I'll miss my bump. Didn't really properly start showing until January and now it's nearly over already :-(

I love babies but the one thing I could never miss is the pain and suffering of pregnancy!!
    I am counting down the days to no more pregnancies ever!!
    Good Luck with the move!

I love babies but the one thing I could never miss is the pain and suffering of pregnancy!!
    I am counting down the days to no more pregnancies ever!!
    Good Luck with the move!

At my appointment on Tuesday my urine had 4+ glucose and 3+ blood, they did the finger prick test and my number was 8.4 usually 6 is my highest. Thing is I get headaches and dizziness but thankfully no swelling. Anyone else have anything similar?

Baba has dropped 6oz and is now a tiny 5 lb 2!

He's also feeding like a demon, which isn't helping with the amount of sleep!

• Advertisement

No experience Synyster Shadow, what did they say at hosp? Just going to continue monitoring you?

lilmissprincess - He'll regain his birth weight soon :) Normal for them to lost some after they are born!

I'm in with the doctor on Wednesday for another check on babies heart before he is born. Thankfully, at the 25 week check there were no problems present but because what my daughter has seems to be an acquired condition rather than something that develops from the time the foetus is developing they need to keep an eye on it and baby will also be checked when I give birth.

aww,dropping a bit of weight initially is normal,all babies do it.
    How is she?
    I saw a gorgeous teeny tiny baby on Wednesday,if I wasn't pregnant i would have been broody!!

So tired,bump has got a lot bigger in the last week,heart burn during the night keeps waking me and getting comfy is effort.
    Baby has to come now or not for another week as himself is away and I don't fancy suffering through labour on my own.

They really didn't say what they were gonna do. All I know is feeling worse today and hubby got a fright I lost all colour even my lips were white. I ate something took iron tablet took it easy but nothing helped

I'd probably give your hospital a ring if it keeps up.

They really didn't say what they were gonna do. All I know is feeling worse today and hubby got a fright I lost all colour even my lips were white. I ate something took iron tablet took it easy but nothing helped

That sucks:(
    I would talk to the doc or midwife,you are at the end so it is better to be safe.

Yeah think it's a good idea will see doctor first thing Monday.
    All I can say is roll on due date

I'm home from the hospital after the longest three weeks of my life! :D

Little man is fast asleep still in the car seat, all wrapped up and looking tinier than ever, I'm happy out on my own bed, with fast internet and having eaten non hospital food for lunch! :D

My child has also been replaced by one who sleeps, a welcome improvement! :D Long may this level of happiness last.

Hope you're okay Synester Shadow, I'd say give the hospital a shout to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting as my head has been all over the place. My daughter was taken out of the incubator yesterday after 3 weeks and 1 day of being in it and is starting to take some bottle feeds thank god. Emotionally I've been up and down seeing as the birth was rushed and I hadn't time to digest what was about to happen. I know my daughter is doing well but I wish she was home where she belongs. It'll take time before that happens and I'm really looking forward to it. Hope all of ye are doing well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

wash all the baby clothes yesterday. got himself to take them out and hang them up.

he came in to me, afterwards in shock, he cant believe the baby be will be small enough to fit in any of the clothes. he cant bringing them in to me, holding them up going "nothing is that small"

he refused to listen that thye were all 0-3 months, newborn clothes are even smaller.

he is still wandering around like this:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

John Mason wrote: »
    wash all the baby clothes yesterday. got himself to take them out and hang them up.

he came in to me, afterwards in shock, he cant believe the baby be will be small enough to fit in any of the clothes. he cant bringing them in to me, holding them up going "nothing is that small"

he refused to listen that thye were all 0-3 months, newborn clothes are even smaller.

he is still wandering around like this:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm like this with some stuff I've got for my daughter. Some look too short on the arms or on the legs. Only way to find out is to put them on your baby and see if they fit.

Advertisement