Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You should show him some of the tiny baby stuff in the shops! My little one was 6lbs when she was born but a tiny thing and I had to buy a few premature baby clothes for her for the first week or so! That stuff really is tiny! Or open one of the newborn nappies, they're also tiny!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

January wrote: »
    You should show him some of the tiny baby stuff in the shops! My little one was 6lbs when she was born but a tiny thing and I had to buy a few premature baby clothes for her for the first week or so! That stuff really is tiny! Or open one of the newborn nappies, they're also tiny!!!

he wont believe LOL

Got my first mothers day card today and a lovely voucher for the local beauty salon.:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

KKkitty wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting as my head has been all over the place. My daughter was taken out of the incubator yesterday after 3 weeks and 1 day of being in it and is starting to take some bottle feeds thank god. Emotionally I've been up and down seeing as the birth was rushed and I hadn't time to digest what was about to happen. I know my daughter is doing well but I wish she was home where she belongs. It'll take time before that happens and I'm really looking forward to it. Hope all of ye are doing well.

Huge hugs
    I can not imagine how hard it is but she is getting stronger daily and will be home with you soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Huge hugs
    I can not imagine how hard it is but she is getting stronger daily and will be home with you soon .

Thank you :) This time around especially after having 2 full term babies and bringing them home at the same time as I was discharged I feel awful. She's never cried with all she's been through with needles and god knows what else. She is an amazing girl and I'm proud to be her Mammy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww:)
    How are the older kids?

• Advertisement

How are the older kids?

They're good thanks. My oldest really wants his little sister home now. My other son isn't quite sure what to make of it all yet but when their sister is home they'll be happy out. How are you feeling now?

They're good thanks. My oldest really wants his little sister home now. My other son isn't quite sure what to make of it all yet but when their sister is home they'll be happy out. How are you feeling now?

That is good :) they feel the stress too .
    I am tired , husband is in the US but my mother is here to help with school runs and just in case !!

That is good :) they feel the stress too .
    I am tired , husband is in the US but my mother is here to help with school runs and just in case !!

How long more have you left? Only do what you're able for. I'd say you can't wait to have it over at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

It's all go here!!

Picked up the buggy yesterday, realised that we can't fit the frame and the dog in the boot at the same time. I have to figure that out!
    Getting very tired for the first time. Any exertion really poops me out!

Also volunteered for a study in the Coombe, so having a scan on Weds which will be exciting as haven't seen the baba since 20 weeks!

Think I had a contraction last night from the way I was lying (can't seem to get comfy on the left anymore) it was like an almighty period pain that encompassed the bottom of my uterus!

How long more have you left? Only do what you're able for. I'd say you can't wait to have it over at this stage.

I have 3 kids,the eldest is 5 and the school run from hell.
    37 weeks on Wed.
    Himself is not very useful around the house but my mother is great for doing the washing and picking up after kids.

• Advertisement

olaola wrote: »
    It's all go here!!

Picked up the buggy yesterday, realised that we can't fit the frame and the dog in the boot at the same time. I have to figure that out!

Also volunteered for a study in the Coombe, so having a scan on Weds which will be exciting as haven't seen the baba since 20 weeks!

Think I had a contraction last night from the way I was lying (can't seem to get comfy on the left anymore) it was like an almighty period pain that encompassed the bottom of my uterus!

I have an ultrasound on Wednesday too, can't wait :D It's going to be more of the babies heart than anything else but I'm sure we'll get a little wave.

olaola wrote: »
    It's all go here!!

I remember the excitement of buying the 1st buggy and pram and when it got delivered and needing an engineering degree to work it all out:)
    my hospital bag was well packed by now too and I had 1 1/2 weeks left in work.
    It feels like a lifetime ago rather then 5 years and 3 months!!!

I have 3 kids,the eldest is 5 and the school run from hell.
    37 weeks on Wed.
    Himself is not very useful around the house but my mother is great for doing the washing and picking up after kids.

You're nearly there :) Your mother is great for helping out. Went to see my daughter today and she's almost 5 pounds weight wise.

she is getting big!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Week 38 can't believe it's nearly all over. I had my bag ready at 30 weeks as I was told I could go at any time.

Your little girl will be home really soon and it will all seem like a nightmare

Week 38 can't believe it's nearly all over. I had my bag ready at 30 weeks as I was told I could go at any time.

Your little girl will be home really soon and it will all seem like a nightmare

I have everything but haven't got my bag packed... I just have a feeling that if I pack it I'll go over!

37 weeks since yesterday, dying for baby to come... just not tomorrow, don't think people would take me seriously if I told them I was in labour on April Fool's Day!

Oh I never thought of that. I knew someone in school born on April fools day and my uncles birthday too.
    I'm at the stage that I would take tomorrow to have this over with

Really looking forward to getting her home. She was 4 pounds 7 ounces at birth. Obviously she lost some but it seems like she gained more than she lost.

I'd just go by the gaining. As you know from having other little ones they all loose at the start. And been an early baby she's doing great.

I'd just go by the gaining. As you know from having other little ones they all loose at the start. And been an early baby she's doing great.

My thoughts exactly. Had a bad patch emotionally just after she was born but I'm focussing on the positives now.

• Advertisement

That's the only way forward. In that short space of time she's come a long way. Have they said much in terms of getting out or what weight they want to get her to

Any of you thinking of going to the pregnancy and baby fair and in need of a ticket? pm me if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

January wrote: »
    37 weeks since yesterday, dying for baby to come... just not tomorrow, don't think people would take me seriously if I told them I was in labour on April Fool's Day!

HA! I'm the same, any day but tomrw. The poor child will be mithered with slaggings!

It is finally April \o/

This year so far has gone so quick. It's completely crazy

Well our months here and I for one am ready to be done

Once next SUnday comes I am ready to go too:)

Yeah I wouldn't mind going just after weekend. My little Mans first birthday is next Friday he's 1 can't believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Happy April, April Mammies! I became an April Mammy last year so I just want to wish you all best of luck. Not long now until you meet your little bundles :)

It's a lovely time of the year to have a baby.

They haven't really said much in regards to when they think she'll be home but I'd say they take things one day at a time. Yesterday we were allowed to take her out of the SCBU room during our visit to a more private room which felt great :)

• Advertisement

Can imagine not having people in your face when with her is a welcomed change. I bet you'll get a nice surprise some day they'll just say take her home

Advertisement