Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Can imagine not having people in your face when with her is a welcomed change. I bet you'll get a nice surprise some day they'll just say take her home

My public health nurse said any day we could get the phone call to bring her home. How are you feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I hope that day comes really soon. It will lift you up something fearce.
    I'm finally shaking the flu off but got crazy insomnia like with my first at the end. Last time I had one great night's sleep after a week of none and I went into labour that day so am watching out this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I got a weird feeling earlier on and packed my bags just in case... Bet I'll regret that now, but I'd rather be prepared!

I'm getting sharp pressure pains now a fair bit and a few TMI changes down below so I'm expecting it to happen soon

I really hope all your babies arrive soon. Not long left for some of ye anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

So I had the 'Genesis' scan today - which was fantastic! The study gets the data they need, and in return you get a snapshot of the baby's health and estimated birth weight. And loads of scan piccies.

So baby is flying it, but NO sign of coming out!! She said the head is not far down at all (boo!!) so a lot more walking & sitting on the ball!
    And it will be between 8 & 1/2 and 9lbs. Mad thoughts start to run through your head at this stage, so it was just a lovely layer of calm to know that everything is going well.

I would recommend anyone who is available to do it! It's only for first time Mammies and the baby must be head down & between 39 & 40 weeks.
    And you preferably should not have had any scans since 20 weeks. http://www.perinatalireland.ie/index.jsp?p=107&n=140

I had my scan today too, babies heart looks healthy but she could not see one valve so they will be checking that up after baby is born (not that it's not there just that baby changed position and she couldn't see it!). She kept saying she'd give us an estimated weight but I think she forgot at the end, he looks like a big bubba though!

With regards to the weight olaola, I had a scan at 38 weeks on my first because they were worried that she wasn't growing and was a bit on the small side, I was told that she weighed around 7lbs at 38 weeks, she was born and she weighed 6lbs on the button. Scans can be out by about a pound either side of the estimation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Yep I was told, at 39 weeks, that he would be seven eleven by his due date. He was born a week late, but even by then he was only seven three!

I think they'll usually pick up if the baby is exceptionally big or exceptionally small. In general, if the weight is somewhere in the middle, it's only a ballpark figure!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I reckon my baba will be 8lb 8 this time:)
    At exactly 35 weeks she was 5lb 5 but the others were 7lb 4,7lb 8 and 8lb 4 so I am using science!!!;)

My MIL was to stay at ours tonight and neither hubby or I were happy about it. We both go round like servants when she's here. Then she disrupts Jack to the point where he becomes over needy and narky. Usually takes weeks to settle again. Not what I need right now. Anyway I cooked dinner and she stayed awhile then (been lazy as she is) said she was going home to bed. Thank god. So Jack went about his routine and all's right with the world. Her idea of "helping" is not helping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I forgot to buy the electrodes for the Tens machine last time so went down to Boots to get them today and they had no suitable ones despite the fact they hire thee xact same machine out so ordered some from Amazon and some http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009G1RUF2/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item .
    1st time mammies your boobs will be very very sore be warned!! I knew nothing about the pain the 1st time.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I forgot to buy the electrodes for the Tens machine last time so went down to Boots to get them today and they had no suitable ones despite the fact they hire thee xact same machine out so ordered some from Amazon and some http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009G1RUF2/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item .
    1st time mammies your boobs will be very very sore be warned!! I knew nothing about the pain the 1st time.

I totally forgot about the boob pain after my daughter was born but wasn't long before I remembered it. A good supporting bra and just leaving them alone if you're not breastfeeding helps. When showering not letting water directly on them is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Happy April Mummies!! Delighted to hear everyone is doing well, just a waiting game now, i just want to wish you all the best of luck, I'm 37 and 3 today and just counting down the days!!
    Hope all goes well for you all, will be keeping an eye on the thread for updates! :-) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Midwife reckons I've had a show! She said walking up hills will really help bring it on. I'm going to pop down to the Memorial Gardens and start doing that loop ASAP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hope your little girl gets to go home very soon KKitty.

Olaola how exciting! My due date is tomorrow. No sign of anything stirring so far :-) I am getting impatient!

Congratulations also to the mummies who have already had their April babies, so glad you and babas are all doing well!

Hope your little girl gets to go home very soon KKitty.

Olaola how exciting! My due date is tomorrow. No sign of anything stirring so far :-) I am getting impatient!

Wow that's so exciting, any day now! I agree with Olaola, walking may help get things going, and the weather is improving so throw on those walking shoes and walk that baba out :-)

Starting to lose my mucous plug. :eek: Any time I've lost it before I've been in labour within 24hrs... bet this time will be different haha

Olaola, hope you're doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

January wrote: »
    Starting to lose my mucous plug. :eek: Any time I've lost it before I've been in labour within 24hrs... bet this time will be different haha

Ooh exciting!!

I lost mine over 2 weeks last time this time im loosing it the last 2 weeks and still here.

Fingers crossed for you!

• Advertisement

ooooh I am all excited now:))

I'm excited/nervous haha :D

Still nothing, not going to get my hopes up as I know you can lose it up to a few weeks before labour.

I'm excited/nervous haha :D

Still nothing, not going to get my hopes up as I know you can lose it up to a few weeks before labour.

Very exciting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Oh January, it could be soon! I gave birth 48h after having my show on my son, but everyone is different. Hope it all goes well for you!

My due date came and went, it was yesterday. I am over analysing every little twinges!!

Hurry little baby, can't wait to meet you!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Oh how exciting!

My due date is still 15 days away and no sign of anything happening.

The move went well last week and he managed to stuff all my belongings (including the dusty cross trainer that I will soon need:rolleyes: into the back of his jeep. Still have lots of painting and other things to do, but the main rooms are done. He won't let me do more than paint around the radiators, so I have been taking it easy for the first week of my maternity leave.

My new GP is lovely and she said baby is definitely engaged, but still up a good bit and that she doesn't think anything will happen for a few weeks yet.

Can't wait to hear who's next! :):)

dottybows wrote: »
    Oh how exciting!

My due date is still 15 days away and no sign of anything happening.

The move went well last week and he managed to stuff all my belongings (including the dusty cross trainer that I will soon need:rolleyes: into the back of his jeep. Still have lots of painting and other things to do, but the main rooms are done. He won't let me do more than paint around the radiators, so I have been taking it easy for the first week of my maternity leave.

My new GP is lovely and she said baby is definitely engaged, but still up a good bit and that she doesn't think anything will happen for a few weeks yet.

Can't wait to hear who's next! :):)

We must be due the same day :) Glad to hear the move went well.

A lot of hospitals have strict visiting restrictions at the moment, due to flu outbreaks. hopefully they are lifted soon!

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    A lot of hospitals have strict visiting restrictions at the moment, due to flu outbreaks. hopefully they are lifted soon!

Rotunda has visiting restrictions, the Coombe and Holles St are ok for the moment. Not sure about the other hospitals around the country.

Rotunda's restrictions have actually been up since 15th Feb, I never realised until my last visit there on the 24th March.

Rotunda has visiting restrictions, the Coombe and Holles St are ok for the moment. Not sure about the other hospitals around the country.

Rotunda's restrictions have actually been up since 15th Feb, I never realised until my last visit there on the 24th March.
    Wow that's a long time to have restrictions! Hope they get lifted soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Back to the ER in CUMH today; visits take a lot less time when they're not doing a trace! Turns out the ridiculously bad pains (think crying, unable to walk) are just strong uterus contractions and nothing infected, but the doctors there were not impressed at the GP I saw on Thursday who told me that it was normal and I'd have to deal with it, and didn't prescribe anything - so yay for the painkillers which will make it bearable!

E is somewhat establishing a bit of a sleep routine, heres hoping it continues.

Advertisement