Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww:( I never had Braxton hicks or contractions before established labour,I can imagine the pain and stress though:(

The husband is back so baba can come any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

No sign of anything yet! Some uncomfortable back pain today, so I'm guessing that means baby is further down. Will walk some hills... After pancakes & bacon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Last night I was really uncomfortable to the point of been sore and was regular enough but fizzled out during the night. Waiting for it to start again.
    My planned child minder was out watching the grand national so drink was involved and I was in bother if I went last night

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I actually slept last night,woke a few times but got back to sleep ok.
    I think I was terrified of going in to labour when he was away so could sleep during the day for naps but not at night.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

told cons. in HS that i wanted to be screened for strep b, as my friends baby was very sick last christmas - she said "no-we dont do it here"

that was it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

John Mason wrote: »
    told cons. in HS that i wanted to be screened for strep b, as my friends baby was very sick last christmas - she said "no-we dont do it here"

Ask for a second opinion, it's very easy to swab for strep-b.

John Mason wrote: »

Odd that they turned you down.
    I was swabbed on the 1st but not the others.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

not back for another 2 weeks and i as far as i know it will be too late.

i had asked at the doctors but they told me had to be done by the hospital. i cant believe this is not standard. my friend baby was in special care for 6 weeks:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Had irregular contractions all day and a show. Baby is on its way!! Going to bed now as my sleep could be interrupted!

Had irregular contractions all day and a show. Baby is on its way!! Going to bed now as my sleep could be interrupted!

Ohhhh how exciting :D Good luck!!

• Advertisement

I was awake with painful contractions on and off all night. Today nothing! Have my grans 80th Saturday so hoping that's tempting faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Im 38 1/2 wks now and I've been having period cramps and contractions and low back pain/pressure for the past 2/3 weeks, now I'm sure that I might not even realise when labour actually starts because I've been having these so often and for so long!!
    I had no idea this could happen. I thought the only time you get period cramps/pressure and contractions is when you go into labour....pregnancies are full of surprises!! :-)

Im 38 1/2 wks now and I've been having period cramps and contractions and low back pain/pressure for the past 2/3 weeks, now I'm sure that I might not even realise when labour actually starts because I've been having these so often and for so long!!
    I had no idea this could happen. I thought the only time you get period cramps/pressure and contractions is when you go into labour....pregnancies are full of surprises!! :-)

You'll know when it's proper labour :) don't doubt yourself

Hope Claire de Lune and Synyster Shadow are doing well :)

so do I we need more April babies!!
    Hopefully mine is born tonight the effort involved in having a hospital appt tomorrow sounds too much for me!!

Oh doing good just waiting on something more concrete in terms of contractions so far uncomfortable and 20 mins apart.
    How's everyone else doing?

aww *hugs* you poor pet ,hopefully it will be over soon.
    I am at the stage that I want it over but still terrified of going in to labour and of childbirth but still want it to happen immediately lol

I was so calm on my first this time am nervous don't know why. I had the perfect labour and birth first time
    Its kinda I want it now but don't be surprised if you say no I don't want it when time comes!! I remember half way through saying I don't want to anymore lol hubby had a giggle

You are not allowed to have your baby before me. Either we go at the same time or I go first cos I'm due first. It's only fair.

I'm not back at the hospital until Monday, hopefully I won't make it that far.

I was so calm on my first this time am nervous don't know why. I had the perfect labour and birth first time
    Its kinda I want it now but don't be surprised if you say no I don't want it when time comes!! I remember half way through saying I don't want to anymore lol hubby had a giggle

I can't do this made it's way into the conversation a lot in my last labours.

• Advertisement

How a bout we all protest with the babies and declare that we all go at the one time so as to not be alone here waiting to go

lol
    I had 3 pretty straight forward labours but well umm the pain is not pleasant and I think my wishes for a pain free labour are more fantasies!!

Haha, its all about the pain. Really is no way round the fact its coming

I really am terrified this time, like no matter how much I want him out, every time there's so much as a twinge I nearly freak out that it's starting. I think I'll book my epidural now, even though I managed without last time!

Yea I'm the same I'm on tender hooks
    I was told that if my waters go I'll spontaneously deliver..!
    I'm so bad with nerves of that I hate hubby going to the shop lol

my mother is here in case I go in to labour as there is no one to look after the kids as my sister in law is away. Due to the speed of the last 2 deliveries even 15 minutes away is too far.
    I now have my tens machine working again,had no electrodes for it last time and nearly forgot them this time,I even put spare batteries in!! I will get to use it.

Oh God! Was your last labour quick?

My waters broke on my last but I didn't start getting contractions until more than 12 hours later. I went from 3-10cms in 10 minutes though so that was quite quick.

Every labour is different though, so hopefully you get a bit of time before waters breaking and delivery.

I know the girl in the bed beside me last time had her waters broken and the baby was born less than 5 minutes later, she didn't even have time to be moved from the pre-labour ward!

I wish I had that kinda help. My mam lives a few doors away but won't sit with jack for me. So I've to take him from bed if I go tonight or any night

I wish I had that kinda help. My mam lives a few doors away but won't sit with jack for me. So I've to take him from bed if I go tonight or any night

Oh wow that's hard :\

My mam only lives around the corner and will be taking the girls when we go in, she'll come around here though so we won't have to disturb them.

• Advertisement

Nope NO ONE will come here for me which stresses me out!
    Think that's why I'm so not wanting leave him. He's my bugaboo just want him happy and looked after before I go

Advertisement