Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I've not been checked there may be nothing doing down there yet for me either. I don't wanna go in on the weekend cause they wont let you out on weekend. I just don't know maybe Tuesday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Chart says 2 minutes lol

I knew it. Seriously, your body is crazy. Are you home or staying the night?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can go from nothing to holding baby very quickly so hopefully Easter babies :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

January wrote: »
    I knew it. Seriously, your body is crazy. Are you home or staying the night?

Staying the night tonight :) she is very good once I do not put her in her cot !!

Haha :D Yeah they're usually like that.

I was hoping to get up to see my new little cousin today while I was at the hospital but turns out he was taken up to the NICU late last night with vomiting and diarrhoea so didn't get the chance.

• Advertisement

Aww poor little pet :( hope he is OK

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Aww poor little pet :( hope he is OK

I think he is, my other aunt and her partner are going to foster him, they just have to wait for their garda vetting to come through, will take a couple of weeks.

The whole situation is just so sad :(

Do you know what I hate most... they won't tie her tubes, she's asked them... they knew this baby was going into foster care. She has 5 other kids in foster care. She's an addict and can't look after herself, can't be trusted to take contraception... it'll probably happen again, our family can't cope with taking another of her children to look after we have our own families to raise yet none of us would allow them to be fostered out to other families because all the others are still with family.

Hopefully this time they did something about it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A big congratulations Moonbeam. Hope you and baby are doing well. January that seems like an awful position for your family to be in. Why doesn't she consider the coil if she can't be trusted to take contraception?

Baby Lucy arrived at 6:37 only 3 days late. We got our Easter bunny

All went well woke at 2 uncomfortable and by 3:15 left for the hospital. Was just getting painful as I arrived there and I was 4cm by 6 I was ready to push and out she came at 8lb 15. No epi and again no stitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

All went well woke at 2 uncomfortable and by 3:15 left for the hospital. Was just getting painful as I arrived there and I was 4cm by 6 I was ready to push and out she came at 8lb 15. No epi and again no stitches!
    Congratulations!

Aww finally :)
    Congratulations , I am so glad to hear that she arrived safely and that you and Lucy are both doing well .

Congratulations! :D Aw I'm delighted for you, nice quick (but not too quick!) labour again.

Was just right this time. Was able deliver placenta (horrible I might add) but between that and no stitches should be out tomorrow.

She was way bigger than jack

A quick picture

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A quick picture

Congrats to you :)

Little beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Congratulations! She's beautiful.

Due date today, but if this baby is anything like me, he or she will not be on time :D

• Advertisement

dottybows wrote: »
    Congratulations! She's beautiful.

Due date today, but if this baby is anything like me, he or she will not be on time :D

Due today too. Nothing stirring!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

January wrote: »
    Due today too. Nothing stirring!

Due tomorrow.....not much going on either!

I went to bed last night with no warning signs at all and woke up rather surprised... Safe to say anything can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

So happy for you Synester, congratulations!xx

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

I went to bed last night with no warning signs at all and woke up rather surprised... Safe to say anything can happen

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Delighted for you! Xxx
    When you say you woke up uncomfortable at 2am, what did it feel like? Sorry I have just had so many false alarms that I'm so unsure about every sensation, would love to hear from someone who has experienced it what it felt like for them :-) xx

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Delighted for you! Xxx
    When you say you woke up uncomfortable at 2am, what did it feel like? Sorry I have just had so many false alarms that I'm so unsure about every sensation, would love to hear from someone who has experienced it what it felt like for them :-) xx

It is different for everyone and every time . This time for me I just could not get to sleep and my hips were so uncomfortable and I just felt sick .
    I had to decide to go before proper contractions started though because my labours come on fast .
    When it happens you will know as there is no mistaking contractions !!
    I found the Tens machine brilliant this time , more then just a distraction like a lovely deep back massage through the contractions .

A quick picture

Aww :) she is gorgeous <3

When I woke up I couldn't determine if I was actually in pain so went to the toilet and got back to bed and watched for a pattern. Within 20 mins they were painful and every 6 mins. Just as I got to the hospital then I was 3 mins apart and nearly 5 cm

Was totally different to Jack's I was like that most of the day then went into labour

It really is different for everyone and each time is different too.

For instance on my second I started getting contractions first, they were irregular but painful so we hung around for a while and about 5 hours after they started decided to head to the hospital because I knew I was kind of losing control of myself (I'd been induced on the first so never really went into labour myself). On the third, my waters broke and I hung around until later that day, when I arrived at hospital I wasn't having contractions but because I'd had a c section before they kept me for observation, I went into labour myself later that night starting with mild pains.

You will know when it's time to head to the hospital :)

• Advertisement

John Mason - hope you are ok and unlike us just capable of staying offline with your new bundle:)

Advertisement