Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

January wrote: »
    How are we all getting on ladies??

Any more April babies?

Nothing here! Got my show this morning and feeling pretty crampy so fingers crossed it'll happen this wknd!!
    How are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Nothing here! Got my show this morning and feeling pretty crampy so fingers crossed it'll happen this wknd!!
    How are you doing?

Same as usual... I've never been this over due before... but oh well... I've come to the realisation that baby will arrive when he's ready... that or he'll be lifted out the sunroof.

Fingers crossed this is it for you!

Same as usual... I've never been this over due before... but oh well... I've come to the realisation that baby will arrive when he's ready... that or he'll be lifted out the sunroof.

Fingers crossed this is it for you!

I'm the same, you start to just accept it don't you, when I got my show I would have expected to be overjoyed but I just thought "meh, could be nothing"!
    I've started to just accept that baba is totally calling the shots here!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

How are we all getting on ladies??

Any more April babies?

I've been losing lots of mucus the last two days - not sure if it's "a show"? Thought that came in one go..?

I've also had lots of energy the last two days. Cleaning windows, scrubbing floors... I HATE cleaning! Must be the nesting finally happening hahaha took long enough.

I'm definitely ready for this baby to come out now cos my butt is sore from bouncing on my ball.

Your show can come away in bits and pieces :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

got a hot stone massage this morning, and she done some pressure points on my feet to get things moving but not holding out for anything.

my give my my reflexologist a buzz next week

Everyone keeps telling me to have sex... that having sex will definitely bring it on... only thing is I haven't been in the mood for sex in weeks and himself hasn't gotten it in two weeks... but I just know that if we do the deed and I go into labour tomorrow he'll never let me forget it lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think it would be the furthest thing from my mind or interests in late pregnancy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I think it would be the furthest thing from my mind or interests in late pregnancy !

Jesus I don't think we managed it once in the nine months! In fairness we were advised not to in the first few months (lots of bleeding etc) and then after that it was just too uncomfortable. But the thoughts of even attempting it at nine months?! Nooooo!!!!! Not a chance!

Himself hasn't a clue as to why he is getting so much, not that he is complaining:-)

Just putting the finishing touches to the cot mobile and will make the lamp shade tomorrow, then I think I am finished with the nursery until, I look on pinterest and see some other nursery essential

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

John Mason wrote: »
    Himself hasn't a clue as to why he is getting so much, not that he is complaining:-)

Just putting the finishing touches to the cot mobile and will make the lamp shade tomorrow, then I think I am finished with the nursery until, I look on pinterest and see some other nursery essential
    Where do you get the energy ? Even reading a book was too challenging .

Paternity leave starts tomorrow 4 weeks of him at home when I am barely used to him being in the country for that long at a time . once he does the school run I will be happy though he won't as it is hellish , ah well :)

Just schedule baba's feeds for around the time of the school run.

So confused yet again! Been having contractions all day since my show this morning but they've been fairly irregular and mild, now this eve they are 5-10 mins apart but still manageable....I thought I'd be in agony when they were that time apart and should be going to the hosp but I don't even feel like I'm in labour....soooo lost!!!

I forgot to post a PIC of baby here so here she is -
    1 is @1 week old and the other a few hours old .

Absolutely beautiful! X

So confused yet again! Been having contractions all day since my show this morning but they've been fairly irregular and mild, now this eve they are 5-10 mins apart but still manageable....I thought I'd be in agony when they were that time apart and should be going to the hosp but I don't even feel like I'm in labour....soooo lost!!!

If they become regular and less then 10 minutes apart then you should probably head to the hospital or ring them anyway .
    I did not feel like I was in labour this time but woke himself up anyway knowing he would want a shower etc before we left and you are better to be there then having contractions 1 minute apart in the car .
    I will be thinking of you , good luck :)

If they become regular and less then 10 minutes apart then you should probably head to the hospital or ring them anyway .
    I did not feel like I was in labour this time but woke himself up anyway knowing he would want a shower etc before we left and you are better to be there then having contractions 1 minute apart in the car .
    I will be thinking of you , good luck :)

Thank you! Fingers crossed! Xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'd ring the hospital if I were you ... my contractions were just like that when I headed into hospital, they were close together but the pain was totally manageable, as in I could walk and talk through them, ended up giving birth just a couple of hours later!

Good luck!

Where do you get the energy ? Even reading a book was too challenging .

cos think about it, you have other children and a house to run. i am just have me to worry about and tbh, i really havent had to do anything for myself for months

i havent worked since the being of February, himself had to do all the cooking and cleaning for 2 months when i was out of action. so i just lay around, reading, going for lunch, beauty salon :)

if i dont want to get out of bed for the day i dont have to. Himself is home at 4.30pm every day, makes the dinner and cleans up/

you would have loads of energy to waste time to.

i know how lucky i have been over the last 3 months, i will be honest it has been heaven BUT it is making me concerned when the baby comes, because i have got so used to quiet me time

Oh wow look at those big eyes! She's absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

• Advertisement

Still nothing happening here. I was bouncing for hours last night while watching tv, but nothing is working.

Got some bad news this morning. My sister called me to tell me my stepdad had a heart attack and was brought to hospital. I'm still in shock. He's only 55. They put in a stent and want him to stay a few days for observation and further treatment if needed and then to a rehabilitation center for a few weeks. I think he's still in shock as he seems to think he only needs to rest a bit and can go back to construction work Monday. I hate getting calls like that. Especially now that I'm not even able to fly home. Thank god he's ok and they are looking after him in the hospital. I feel awful bad not being able to visit.

Aww, that is awful news but he will be OK and hopefully you get to see him soon to show off baby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Moonbeam she is beautiful! She has the most gorgeous eyes!

dottybows wrote: »
    Still nothing happening here. I was bouncing for hours last night while watching tv, but nothing is working.

Got some bad news this morning. My sister called me to tell me my stepdad had a heart attack and was brought to hospital. I'm still in shock. He's only 55. They put in a stent and want him to stay a few days for observation and further treatment if needed and then to a rehabilitation center for a few weeks. I think he's still in shock as he seems to think he only needs to rest a bit and can go back to construction work Monday. I hate getting calls like that. Especially now that I'm not even able to fly home. Thank god he's ok and they are looking after him in the hospital. I feel awful bad not being able to visit.

How are you today ?

Ladies am in unit 3 HS. Got my first lot of gel an hour ago. No fluid left at this mornings scan. Can believe I was out last night at a rock gig.

Completely freaking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Very best of luck m'dear, you will be absolutely fine xx

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Best of luck John Mason, you are in the best possible place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Good luck John Mason. Really hope something is happening soon for you :)

ooh Good Luck *hugs*
    It will all be fine and you will have baby in your arms soon.

• Advertisement

Good luck John Mason!! I too am in hosp, came in this morn after my water broke at 6.30am, exactly 1 wk over today, still waiting for labour to kick in but either way I should be holding my baba tomo!! So exciting!! Xxx

Advertisement