Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hi!

How is everyone?

I am 15 weeks and everything is going great. I think I might be starting to feel little flutters, lovely feeling.

I unpacked my maternity clothes that we stored in the attic at the week end. They were packed with my son's newborn clothes, he was only 2.8kg when he was born, so we had to buy bodysuits and sleepsuits from the "tiny baby" range. It was weird, I forgot how small he was!! He's a tall 4 year old now :D

I had my first appointment in Holles st, it was at the midwives clinic and I met a lovely midwife. Since I had a great pregnancy and birth on my son and that this pregnancy is going really well, she offered me to have my hospital appointments with the midwives instead of consultants. (I am going public with GP combined care). I have until after the 20 week scan to decide, but if all is fine with the scan, I think I will stay with the midwives. The midwife I saw explain to me that they would have more time for me at appointments, whereas consultants would rush me out the door as I am fit/healthy/no health problems (which is true, I did experience this on my first pregnancy!)

Anyone has any experience of a midwives clinic?

January - 24th April - Coombe
    synyster shadow - 17th April - Mullingar
    ynwa14 - 27th April - uk
    Claire de Lune - 3rd April - Holles st

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They let you have your initial appointment in the midwive let clinic and did not make you see the consultant 1st?
    I had my last via the midwife led clinic there and it was really good,they actually spend time with you and instead of 90 second appointments like you get in semi private they took ages 30 minutes one of them took and on average about 10 minutes!!You do not get the mini scans at your appointments though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Yes, that's right my first appointment was with a midwife, I still haven't seen a consultant. To be honest I don't mind right now as I had a private scan at 12 weeks that confirmed that everything is great and I feel really good.

I will see a consultant just after my 20 week scan to discuss my options, he will "assess" me and if everything is still good he will give me the go ahead to continue my appointments with the midwives.

I never had mini scans at any of my appointments on my son (Holles st, public) - yeah my appointments were really really rushed!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ah cool, for me the 1st appt was with the consultant and the rest were in the midwife clinic.

Yes, that's right my first appointment was with a midwife, I still haven't seen a consultant. To be honest I don't mind right now as I had a private scan at 12 weeks that confirmed that everything is great and I feel really good.

I will see a consultant just after my 20 week scan to discuss my options, he will "assess" me and if everything is still good he will give me the go ahead to continue my appointments with the midwives.

I never had mini scans at any of my appointments on my son (Holles st, public) - yeah my appointments were really really rushed!

I had one at most appts but I went semi private on my 1st 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

I have my first appointment, for my first pregnancy in Holles St next Wednesday morning at 9am. The girl on the phone said that I should be there for 8am. I think it is because they run on open 2 hour clinic, where it's first come, first served?

I am going with the Mid Wife led scheme, but I guess my first appointment will be with a doc?

On another note; I am getting very significant back, rib and hip pain. I know this is to expected in pregnancy, but I didn't expect it this early. I went to see my GP who recommended Yoga and not driving! Does anyone know of any good pregnancy yoga classes in Terenure, Templogue area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the sequence of numbers they're calling out in the outpatients clinic in CUMH this morning... Insane amount of people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the sequence of numbers they're calling out in the outpatients clinic in CUMH this morning... Insane amount of people!

I was a bit peeved when people who registered after me were called before me in the Coombe at my first appointment! What's the bloody point in a queue if people get seen before someone who was there earlier!

Aaand I think I'm down for frequent flyer points, getting kept in again, so frustrated!!

I have my first appointment, for my first pregnancy in Holles St next Wednesday morning at 9am. The girl on the phone said that I should be there for 8am. I think it is because they run on open 2 hour clinic, where it's first come, first served?

I am going with the Mid Wife led scheme, but I guess my first appointment will be with a doc?

On another note; I am getting very significant back, rib and hip pain. I know this is to expected in pregnancy, but I didn't expect it this early. I went to see my GP who recommended Yoga and not driving! Does anyone know of any good pregnancy yoga classes in Terenure, Templogue area?

Soooo I had my 1st appointment this morning and it took 3 1/2 hours!!! I was fit to kill and I was not the only one.
    They take your weight 1st,then you go give in your urine sample,then give history then see consultant so people that came in 2 hours after us were out before us. How are they so slow I do not know. I was starving and the 2 of us there that had kids there had screaming kids after the 1st 2 hours.
    Luckily I am in the midwife clinic from here on in so never have to deal with it again.
    AAGGHH and there were q skippers !!

Did I mention the picture printer was broken? that is a minor detail though.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam- 23rd April Holles St
    ynwa14 - 27th April - uk

Moonbeam wrote: »
    ynwa14 - 27th April - uk

Did you get your dating scan?? Can't believe we're due a day apart haha :D

January wrote: »
    Did you get your dating scan?? Can't believe we're due a day apart haha :D
    yup and still the 23rd:)
    no pic though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Hi all, I hope everyone is keeping well. Just have a quick question. I'm 16+4 now and for the last few days have had some cramping and stitch like pain. Not looking for medical advice just wondering has anyone else experienced this. Have asked friends and colleagues and they all advise that its round ligament pain. Is this just another joy of being pregnant :)

ynwa14 - 27th April - uk
    lilmissprincess - 11th April - CUMH

Back to work today - bit tired but have to get back into the swing of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

deh983 wrote: »
    Hi all, I hope everyone is keeping well. Just have a quick question. I'm 16+4 now and for the last few days have had some cramping and stitch like pain. Not looking for medical advice just wondering has anyone else experienced this. Have asked friends and colleagues and they all advise that its round ligament pain. Is this just another joy of being pregnant :)

I reckon there right I had pains on and off all the way through my last pregnancy freaked me out but this time not so much. It's just part and parcel. Ya get used to it. And seriously pregnancy does strange things to a woman you'll learn all kinds same goes for labour. Wasn't what I pictured but I did love it experience wise.

I reckon there right I had pains on and off all the way through my last pregnancy freaked me out but this time not so much. It's just part and parcel. Ya get used to it. And seriously pregnancy does strange things to a woman you'll learn all kinds same goes for labour. Wasn't what I pictured but I did love it experience wise.

thanks for this. Its my first time so I am totally clueless!! I don't over panic at things and put all the changes down to my ever growing and changing body but with pain in the stomach I just wanted to make sure.
    Scan in 3 weeks and I am counting down the days :) thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'm a few days off 15 weeks and I'm not gonna have my next until 21 weeks hate the wait but the less iv to be there the better I guess with a teething 6 month old. Had a scan at 11 weeks as they weren't sure how far I was exactly. And at times this pregnancy is different so I'm still learning. But the pains are the same

More than likely round ligament pain, if it gets worse or you are worried please do phone your hospital or GP. They are very reassuring.

13+4 today, most of the symptoms I've had (very little symptoms... ) are gone... Still majorly tired but with 3 other young kids to look after I can hardly complain about that!

I honestly don't know how ye mothers manage it. I'm out cold by 9:30 at the very latest. I'm wrecked as soon as I get in from work. I had a dating scan at 9 weeks so it seems a long time to see the Baba again :( heard the heartbeat at gp last week.
    Feeling very "bleurgh" today. Don't want to do anything and feeling sorry for myself. Roll on the couch and soaps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

OH and I decided to have the cvs done last week... luckily it's a) all clear and b) we got to find out the sex! Looks like we're having a little girl. Couldn't be happier :D

What is a cvs?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

What is a cvs?

It's a type of genetic testing you can have done at 11 weeks, like an amnio but earlier I guess. OHs sister and two of my cousins have downs syndrome, so thats why we decided we wanted to be prepared.

The tiredness:((
    I could probably sleep anywhere at this stage:(
    It doesn't help that the 2 year old is miserable and decided when I go to bed it is chat time zzzz

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The tiredness:((
    I could probably sleep anywhere at this stage:(
    It doesn't help that the 2 year old is miserable and decided when I go to bed it is chat time zzzz

I had a wonderful 3 hour nap today... I could hear himself trying to control the kids :D

I had a nap yesterday baba was asleep,2 year old was watching the ipad in her bed and the big girl was at school:)
    I think a weeks sleep would do me at this stage,I need sleep!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats moonbeam!!! No.4!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

I had my first scan yesterday in Holles street yesterday. It was pretty efficient actually, as it took less than 90 mins. Seen about 5 midwifes. all doing different things: history, bloods, urine, BMI etc, then I went to see the doc for a few minutes. He was cool. Just told me to enjoy it and go on holidays - My kind of doctor! The only disappointing thing was, I didn't get a photo. Is this normal in Holles Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Just back from getting the flu vaccine. Have any of ye got it done?

• Advertisement

I had my first scan yesterday in Holles street yesterday. It was pretty efficient actually, as it took less than 90 mins. Seen about 5 midwifes. all doing different things: history, bloods, urine, BMI etc, then I went to see the doc for a few minutes. He was cool. Just told me to enjoy it and go on holidays - My kind of doctor! The only disappointing thing was, I didn't get a photo. Is this normal in Holles Street?

WHen I was there the printer broke but they never gave me one with #1 or 2 but did with #3.
    Glad to hear you got in and out quicker then I did,I was fit to have a nervous breakdown and the baby was screaming and the lady ahead of me was even worse off!!

Did you transfer to the midwife led scheme?

Advertisement