Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I had my first scan yesterday in Holles street yesterday. It was pretty efficient actually, as it took less than 90 mins. Seen about 5 midwifes. all doing different things: history, bloods, urine, BMI etc, then I went to see the doc for a few minutes. He was cool. Just told me to enjoy it and go on holidays - My kind of doctor! The only disappointing thing was, I didn't get a photo. Is this normal in Holles Street?

Congrats! I was on the April 2013 thread.....can't believe April 2014 is here!!

I had my daughter in Holles Street and I only got pics at the anomaly scan at 21 weeks. Got a mini scan at every apt which was great but no piccies until the big one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Dig's you should have joined the 2014 thread too!!! I'm wrecked and DS just got two teeth today! Long time coming though.

My SPD is back now and only 15 weeks gone. Had it from 28 weeks with my DS

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

Moonbeam wrote: »
    WHen I was there the printer broke but they never gave me one with #1 or 2 but did with #3.
    Glad to hear you got in and out quicker then I did,I was fit to have a nervous breakdown and the baby was screaming and the lady ahead of me was even worse off!!

Did you transfer to the midwife led scheme?

Good question! I booked in with midwife led scheme weeks ago, but I don't have an appointment or anything. They just asked me to call once I'd been for my first appt in Holles St. I guess I need to call them then!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

KKkitty wrote: »
    Just back from getting the flu vaccine. Have any of ye got it done?

Yup. Had mine a few weeks ago now. It's grand. No side effects at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Good question! I booked in with midwife led scheme weeks ago, but I don't have an appointment or anything. They just asked me to call once I'd been for my first appt in Holles St. I guess I need to call them then!

When you booked your next appt on the way out did you tell them that you were transferring to the midwife scheme? ring them if you forgot:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Must remember to book into the Antenatal Classes before its too late.

Feeling a lot better (but having a proper belly these days), doctor was happy out with me last Thursday, back for the scan on the 28th to find out if its a girl or a boy!

Maybe starting to get a bit excited about it all, but compared to some people I've told, I'm not excited at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm due the 17th of April. Had a scan today and everything is going well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The tiredness is taking over my life.
    I am permanently wrecked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Great news KKitty!

How are the bumps? We can definitely talk about bumps now!

I am almost 19 weeks, everything going really well. I've been feeling movement since week 16, such a great feeling!!

Anomaly scan in 2 weeks, I can't wait...! We are hoping to see if it's a boy or a girls, so impatient :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Have my first consultants appt tomorrow. Asked if I could go with midwives because I've had 2 natural births since my c section but they still said no :(

Going to be bringing up the issue of me wanting my tubes tied after this birth, I was fobbed off after my last birth because I'm too young but I'll be fighting tooth and nail for it this time.

Hoping I have a mini scan, used to get them on all my visits on number 2 :D

Anomaly scan is 9th Dec, I'm 16 weeks tomorrow so I'll be just over 20 weeks at scan, hoping to find out gender too.

KKkitty, is it ok if I add you to the due date list??

• Advertisement

Work away January :) Potatoes and everything turn my stomach now. Last successful pregnancy I turned off tea of all things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I got my flu jab two weeks ago, no problems other than my arm was a little sore after. Having my first appt with the Domino clinic the Friday after next. These first few months are a little strange, you don't really have any contact (other than your booking appt) with the system... so you feel a little at sea!

Claire de Lune - 3rd April - Holles st
    Olaola - 14th April - Coombe
    synyster shadow - 17th April - Mullingar
    Moonbeam- 23rd April Holles St
    January - 24th April - Coombe
    ynwa14 - 27th April - uk
    lilmissprincess - 11th April - CUMH

Wohoo another Coombe mammy :)

I most definitely have a bump,I keep being asked when am I due lol
    I have a baby who was 10 months yesterday too though.
    17th Dec is my anomaly scan (i think lol )

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I most definitely have a bump,I keep being asked when am I due lol
    I have a baby who was 10 months yesterday too though.
    17th Dec is my anomaly scan (i think lol )

I have a "bump" but because I'm big anyway, I just look bigger!

Going to be taking shares out in Rennie at this point.

18 weeks today. Three weeks til I get to see my little miss or mister next!

Two fracking hours sat in that hospital and I think they saw ten people in that time. Nobody was in there for more than 10 mins...

Not back for an antenatal check up until the day of my glucose tolerance test so that's grand :D

Saw baby on mini scanner and he/she is getting nice and big, had their back turned to us so hopefully it's facing forward at big scan on 9th Dec!

Had a bit of a scare last Fri morning, was bleeding & saw some clots too (YIKES!) so went into my GP who was VERY reassuring & positive. She sent me into the Coombe A&E as a precaution & they were fantastic. All is perfect :) And they took loads of pics of the baby (called Mommasin at the moment!) who was turning cartwheels and even was sucking its thumb at one point.

So my flap is over, and I really thought the staff in the Coombe were amazing. I felt so reassured and relaxed with them. The only thing is I have to see a consultant for my first appt (this Friday) and then hopefully I'll be signed back onto the Domino scheme again. Fingers crossed!

olaola wrote: »
    Had a bit of a scare last Fri morning, was bleeding & saw some clots too (YIKES!) so went into my GP who was VERY reassuring & positive. She sent me into the Coombe A&E as a precaution & they were fantastic. All is perfect :) And they took loads of pics of the baby (called Mommasin at the moment!) who was turning cartwheels and even was sucking its thumb at one point.

So my flap is over, and I really thought the staff in the Coombe were amazing. I felt so reassured and relaxed with them. The only thing is I have to see a consultant for my first appt (this Friday) and then hopefully I'll be signed back onto the Domino scheme again. Fingers crossed!

Oh god. So glad all is well. Did they explain the reason behind the bleeding? Had a wedding last Friday and looked and felt 7 months pregnant after the meal. Olaola relax and take it easy. Mind yourself :) I will be giving birth in St. Luke's in Kilkenny if January needs that for the list.

Oh god. So glad all is well. Did they explain the reason behind the bleeding? Had a wedding last Friday and looked and felt 7 months pregnant after the meal. Olaola relax and take it easy. Mind yourself :) I will be giving birth in St. Luke's in Kilkenny if January needs that for the list.

They gave multiple possibilities, one being at this time of growth there is a lot of blood going to the pelvic area. I had also been given a 'possible' diagnosis of BV that day and was due to start antibiotics. Which might have been the cause. I had no pain or cramps and otherwise in rude health, so hopefully it was just one of those things!

I'm the same, once I start eating my tummy grows! And while people think it's 'the' bump, it's just my stomach :/

• Advertisement

They gave multiple possibilities, one being at this time of growth there is a lot of blood going to the pelvic area. I had also been given a 'possible' diagnosis of BV that day and was due to start antibiotics. Which might have been the cause. I had no pain or cramps and otherwise in rude health, so hopefully it was just one of those things!

I'm the same, once I start eating my tummy grows! And while people think it's 'the' bump, it's just my stomach :/

What's BV? I honestly felt so sluggish after the meal. At least you and baby are fine. Hope you won't have any more scares.

What's BV? I honestly felt so sluggish after the meal. At least you and baby are fine. Hope you won't have any more scares.

Had my first appt with the consultant today in the Coombe, and she said we're both in fine fettle & able to be signed back to the Domino clinic (PHEW!) so am delighted about that.

Here's info on BV - apparently it's quite common in pregnancy and affects up to 1/3 of women in their lifetime! I hadn't even heard of it before I was diagnosed with it!

Good to hear Olaola. Have a sore throat today. What can I take for it?

Good to hear Olaola. Have a sore throat today. What can I take for it?

Paracetemol!

Anything else you'll have to ask your GP about.

Had a very freaked out moment last night, have been getting massive stomach pains all week, which I was putting down to just general stretching and things I'd have to put up with... until there was blood when I wiped, lots of bright red blood. Now I'm pretty sure that it was from something else (this has happened once before in the pregnancy and it was ok), but absolute panic for a couple of seconds before my rational brain told me that as it was just that one bit that it must be that.

Haven't had anything since but my brain decided to go into overdrive this afternoon and start doubting myself, however I don't want to seem a massive eijit altogether by going into a panic and calling CUMH for them to tell me to calm down, its just hemorrhoids...

I find you can tell where the blood is coming from if you wipe from your perineum downwards and then wipe to just before your perineum. I've had a few "oh ****" moments this pregnancy where there's been blood when I wiped but it's always been from pushing a poo out too hard :\

If you are really worried please do go and get checked! They won't make you feel silly at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I wouldn't hesitate to ring the hospital straight away if I were you LMP. Just ask to speak to one of the midwives, see what they have to say. Hopefully all is fine, but they might want to bring you in for a quick check ... and if not, they might at least be able to reassure you a bit. :) I've had to ring the hospital a couple of times, and I never was made feel like I was wasting their time, they're lovely!

I wouldn't hesitate to ring the hospital straight away if I were you LMP. Just ask to speak to one of the midwives, see what they have to say. Hopefully all is fine, but they might want to bring you in for a quick check ... and if not, they might at least be able to reassure you a bit. :) I've had to ring the hospital a couple of times, and I never was made feel like I was wasting their time, they're lovely!

A major +1 on this, they're UBER reassuring and friendly. It's worth talking to them, if even to bring your stress levels down so you're not so worried!

This is a new thing, but my arse is killing me! Around my coccyx - I get a very numb & sore bum if I sit in certain positions. I think I need a doughnut pillow...

• Advertisement

This is a new thing, but my arse is killing me! Around my coccyx - I get a very numb & sore bum if I sit in certain positions. I think I need a doughnut pillow...

Mine too lol :D I could sit on a pin and not feel it. LMP hope all is ok. Best to get it checked out to put your mind at ease.

Advertisement