Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am huge strangers have asked me when I am due!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Decided to wear a long top as a dress today.

Something tells me everyone in work may now know my news :P

Massive is an understatement in my case... hope you're all keeping well ladies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I am huge strangers have asked me when I am due!!

You are huge :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My OH took one look at me yesterday and said are you sure they're right with their dates so I must be huge too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am 100% with mine.
    i was big quick with #1 which led my gp to suspect twins but I never had an absolutely massive bump,this time I will be huge at the end:) no bump envy for me!!:)
    My hips will hopefully survive.

• Advertisement

I am 100% with mine.
    i was big quick with #1 which led my gp to suspect twins but I never had an absolutely massive bump,this time I will be huge at the end:) no bump envy for me!!:)
    My hips will hopefully survive.

I'm sure they will :D Feel so tired today.

I seem to be getting over the exhaustion and less nauseous so hopefully things are getting better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Right now, after my morning (epic) wee, there's no real sign of a bump. After dinner in the evening... Mahoosive!

I've got spots :( And all toothpate tastes rank. Euthymol has been taken off the shelves until Jan! Wah! Any recommendations for toothpaste with no artificial sweeteners? I think that's the taste that's really bugging me.

olaola wrote: »
    Right now, after my morning (epic) wee, there's no real sign of a bump. After dinner in the evening... Mahoosive!

I've got spots :( And all toothpate tastes rank. Euthymol has been taken off the shelves until Jan! Wah! Any recommendations for toothpaste with no artificial sweeteners? I think that's the taste that's really bugging me.

Why is Euthymol gone?! I love that stuff...

I have a big bump in the evenings too and just look fat in the day time!

Woke up with the rather familiar kidney infection feeling. My internal "Noooooo!" could likely be heard countrywide...

I didn't feel this way either time the hospital told me I had one (and it turned out I didn't), this feels like any I had pre-pregnancy.

Its either that, or kiddo has started playing squeeze toy. Either way I wish it would stop!

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Why is Euthymol gone?! I love that stuff...

They're 'reformulating' the product or something. I've traipsed around ALL the shops looking for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Toothpaste made me gag non stop with DS this time not so much but if my hair blows into my mouth then I'll gag for ages!!! Don't understand it but pregnancy does that.

I need to find a new doctor so that's my task this week. A couple of weeks back I went in about my headaches and said from the 6 week mark until now iv been gettin them constant. He wrote a prescription and handed to me checked my BP and it was low then said I'll send you for an xray. While filling the form out he asked 'are you on the pill' I near fell on the floor!!! He bloody confirmed it how does he not know (I was 17 weeks) two weeks on I'm still lookin for a doctor he does do the out of hours and he's great just can't find where he is

Off to the doctor this morning to get this potential kidney infection checked out, and the bad bad pain came back last night, seems to have eased for now but I really wish they'd figure out what was causing it!

Off to the doctor this morning to get this potential kidney infection checked out, and the bad bad pain came back last night, seems to have eased for now but I really wish they'd figure out what was causing it!

You poor thing :( Hope you get better soon. My youngest wants a little brother and my oldest wants a little sister. Someone will be disappointed that's for sure.

KKkitty wrote: »
    You poor thing :( Hope you get better soon. My youngest wants a little brother and my oldest wants a little sister. Someone will be disappointed that's for sure.

My eldest girl is convinced it's a boy and the middle one is convinced it's a girl...

So, still no kidney infection but blood and protein in urine as well as low bp so more antibiotics! Still in pain as well and she said it was quite tender to touch, so keeping an eye on it. But I'm not being admitted to that place!!

Himself is wanting a boy, I think its a girl but we'll find out next week hopefully!

Are you feeling ok otherwise LMP? With my oldest I couldn't think of girls names at all. I only had boy names in my head. With my youngest I hadn't a clue at all. A few weeks back I had a split second vision of changing a baby girl`s nappy for some reason.

cold tired and miserable!!
    Aww lilmissprincess you poor thing:(
    My girls want a sister I told them the baby wants a brother:)

Feeling okay apart from pains in my side (side baby isn't on at the moment anyway), bit dizzy but not too bad.

Much movement yet ladies?

Bits and bobs, nothing major but when I'm relaxing I can definitely feel it now.

• Advertisement

Yeah! Loads of movement. Just started to feel it this week (19 weeks) it's very gentle, and I really notice it when I'm driving.

Bought Kingfisher 'natural' toothpaste. Fingers crossed it tastes better!

Bits and bobs here too. Mostly when I'm doing nothing too.

Any second and third time mummys here know how to enforce a good sleeping routine at night?

What worked for 1 and 2 was lying beside them until they fell asleep, then moving to the floor, then the door, then outside the room... took ages... on number 3 I let her cry it out... it took 3 nights. When she's sick she regresses and it might take one night to get her back into a routine... it's not for everyone though.

Any second and third time mummys here know how to enforce a good sleeping routine at night?

8 o' clock mine get their jammies on and go to bed,some nights they get a story.I switch on their music for them close over the door and leave them and mostly they are asleep by 8:30 but if there is any excitement then the 2 year old can be a pain.
    The baby is put in his cot,music on and he is asleep in minutes.

8 o' clock mine get their jammies on and go to bed,some nights they get a story.I switch on their music for them close over the door and leave them and mostly they are asleep by 8:30 but if there is any excitement then the 2 year old can be a pain.
    The baby is put in his cot,music on and he is asleep in minutes.

Just realised you said routine not getting them to sleep through! :eek: Sorry!

The baby (2). Gets PJ's on at 6.45, up to bed with warm bottle of milk, read story and turn on her music and she falls asleep.

The older 2 get PJ's on and up to bed for 8pm, story and then they get to read a book themselves, they're usually asleep by 8.30.

He sleeps great all by himself when it's bed time just put him up and off he goes but he wants the dummy every hour sometimes 20 mins throughout the night. Last night I tried the cry it out it wasn't too bad he didn't fully freak so was easier now at this age. I did keep him awake during what. Should have been his last nap yesterday and that may have helped. Is it normal they still want 3 or more naps a day at 7 and half months? My cousins little girls 7 weeks older and since 5 months hasn't napped during the day. But she's up at 5 every mornin just don't know how she stays awake at all

my 10 month old takes about a 90 minute nap early in the day and unless we are in the car might sleep for a max of 30 minutes a day for the rest of the day.

Seeing online lots of CUMH mammies not having gotten a scan at 20 weeks and am now worried, my GP advised it'd be a proper long scan to check everything over but when I rang up to confirm this morning the appointments woman firstly asked me was it a 12 week scan, and then said "Oh yeah, go down to outpatients for your appointment", and when I questioned about the scan she said maybe - anyone know if the scan is the norm or has that been removed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Seeing online lots of CUMH mammies not having gotten a scan at 20 weeks and am now worried, my GP advised it'd be a proper long scan to check everything over but when I rang up to confirm this morning the appointments woman firstly asked me was it a 12 week scan, and then said "Oh yeah, go down to outpatients for your appointment", and when I questioned about the scan she said maybe - anyone know if the scan is the norm or has that been removed?

Hey, I'm CUMH due march. I think the 20 week scan depends on if it's first baby or not? On first baby I got big detailed scan at 20 weeks, that was 2011. This time I had a dating scan at 12, and a very quick scan at 20 weeks (6weeks ago). About 30 seconds to check heartbeat and placenta. Next scan is at 32 weeks, but will be v quick again I think.

Advertisement