Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'm gettin over an infection in my bladder or kidneys there not sure..
    The meds for it don't work great on me at all..

On an off topic note my little 7 month old boy crawled for the first time tonight.. He also found a way to get out of his walker

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww,every time they do something new as mammies the pride:))
    My 10 month old is not bothered crawling.

Well only today I said nope he's too lazy that he's just gonna walk.. But there he goes again makin a liar of me.. All the time doin that

But defo proud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Had my anatomy scan today, all is great! They've revised my dates forward, do I'm now due the 8th of April. I thought they were a bit off!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Do you mean anomaly?:)

I have mine on the 19th and I can't wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mines the 9th :D

Mines the 16th and I'll enjoy if there's no bloods to be taken they always mess up that part do be black and blue for weeks after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I didn't get one. Literally a two minute scan, said she's probably a girl and that was it.

Back in on Thursday though, got a smack of a car on Saturday morning and miraculously baby seems to be fine, but hoping they'll give me another scan in clinic.

You poor pet:(
    Are you ok?

Bit of whiplash, cut and bruised all over and no memory of it happening apart from one small flash. I was out cold for a while :P

I am extremely lucky, that I am sure of. In a wee bit of shock up to today I think, had a very emotional outburst over an issue with An Post (half an hour of crying hinted to me that it wasn't just the postal issue).

• Advertisement

That is awful:(
    Glad to hear baba is ok.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Do you mean anomaly?:)

It's called both, I prefer to use the word anatomy tbh. Anomaly is an unpleasant term for the scan!

Moonbeam wrote: »

It just suggests that they're looking for something wrong, rather than something right! I've never heard the docs/midwives use it either tbh.

olaola wrote: »
    It just suggests that they're looking for something wrong, rather than something right! I've never heard the docs/midwives use it either tbh.

Is it not called an anomaly scan on the literature from the hospital? I could have sworn it was :\ I'm off up to my tenth trip to the loo tonight now so will check my leaflets in the bedroom!

It's anatomy scan, didn't realise!

yea the start of this year when I was 35 weeks gone I was told DS had cysts on the kidneys and they told me I was going for an anatomy scan (mullingar hospital) and when I posted it everyone else called it anomaly scan so I thought I was wrong then with baby brain and all that it aint hard done at all

OH and I also had my first ante-natal class too. Which was great! It was the physiotherapy class (1 of 3) so she focused on pelvic floor & bladder control. The next classes aren't until Feb.

What I didn't realise until today, and I'm not sure if this is the same in every hospital, there is a separate set of 5 ante-natal classes which are called parent education classes. Which you have to book separately. Your partner can attend with you (not like the physio ones) I don't think anyone in the physio session this morning realised you had to book these also!

AND I need to book the breastfeeding classes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hi Bump Buddies!

I am 22 weeks, everything is going great. I had the "anatomy" scan 2 weeks ago, baby is perfect and it's a boy! I was relieved as my bump is really tiny and I thought the baby might be small. But, no baby measures perfect for the dates.

Hope you're recovering well littlemiss, it's horrific. Glad that baby is ok. I had a bad fall in work last week, (slipped on wet floor) I had such an awful fright, I arrived at the hospital sobbing! Baby is ok, I just have a sore hip. Take all the time you need, i can only imagine the trauma of a car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Hi all. Hope everyone is well and enjoying everything. I had my first "big" scan on 12th November. AMAZING. Really felt real after that. Have another one next week to keep an eye on the cyst I have in there aswell so hopefully we get to see junior again :)
    We are playing the name game at the minute and cannot for the life of us think of girls names. Any amount of boys names!!
    Also feeling the first kicks in the last few days so its all go at the minute.
    Anyway hope everyone is keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

deh983 wrote: »
    Hi all. Hope everyone is well and enjoying everything. I had my first "big" scan on 12th November. AMAZING. Really felt real after that. Have another one next week to keep an eye on the cyst I have in there aswell so hopefully we get to see junior again :)
    We are playing the name game at the minute and cannot for the life of us think of girls names. Any amount of boys names!!
    Also feeling the first kicks in the last few days so its all go at the minute.
    Anyway hope everyone is keeping well.

Hey deh983

These are all the girls names I was thinking of, they might help:
    Freya
    Evie
    Sarah
    Rose
    Gerogie

• Advertisement

It's a boy, it's a boy, it's a boy :D Wohoooo!

Baby is healthy and growing well, 13oz by the scan today.

I really want to find out what I'm having but hubby doesn't.. So it's another 18-20 weeks for me to find out.. I'd love another boy

I would love another boy too:)
    My girls would love another sister though!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Thanks nordie :) would you believe out of those 5 names we can't use 3 due to family and close friends using those names recently!!!
    Have scan on Wednesday and we're tempted to find out but I think we'll stick it out. God help the poor mite if its a girl she will be nameless.

Glad to hear everyone is keeping well xx

little boys love there mammy's :)

I call J my shadow

I picked up two belly/bump bands (black & white) in Penneys today, €6
    They've maternity knickers, bras & jeans for €15.

Belly bands.. Oh I'd like some of them.. Are they all part of the maternity section? Which I had no idea about

Penneys do maternity clothes?

I really hope they do. It would be a genius idea if they did they'd clean up.

• Advertisement

They've started doing jeans alright, fierce comfy!

Advertisement