Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making friends

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Ok peoples we need some suggestions that will suit all :-) Lets keep this on as I am sure it be a great time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

I'm in. :) I don't know anyone in Dublin so would be good!

In the 20-23 age bracket. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Feck, I'd love to give it a go, especially starting off again trying to get back on track. But Dublin could be a bit far especially when I don't drive.

I'm in the 24-25 age bracket ;)

Starbucks in Stillorgan is also open late during the week as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

the 19th would prob suit me, im up in North Co Dub so city centre would suit me best, don't really know south side too well

• Advertisement

Yeah in fact city centre makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

19th suits me. No ideas on venue, will go with whatever suits everyone else.

19th should be grand. North Dub here too.

Anyone heading up from the Wexford / Waterford area? I want to have an argument with CastingCouch over football too, so this can't be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Grand, 19th it is, in the city center.

Anyone wanna propose a few suggestions? :) Accents on Stephen St Lower?

http://accentslounge.wordpress.com/location/

7pm? Or does lunchtime suit country folk better, in case ye need to get back home the same day?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Accents sounds great Dave.. never heard of it before :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Corvo wrote: »
    Anyone heading up from the Wexford / Waterford area? I want to have an argument with CastingCouch over football too, so this can't be missed.

:eek:

About what? ;) I can have my research done. ;)

:eek:

About what? ;) I can have my research done. ;)

I'll find something from the United thread that I disagree with and then we can argue! :D

If not, we can just agree with eachother but that would be boring!

Yippie were getting there, where I don't know but we are getting there...

If someone wants to propose a time, and it doesn't get a load of objections :D, then I'll start a thread!

*tumbleweed*

Honestly I don't mind any time, I live in Dublin! Handy to make it an afternoon/evening thing really, for people who have to travel, plus, less drink centred hour of the day, isn't it!

Dave! wrote: »
    If someone wants to propose a time, and it doesn't get a load of objections :D, then I'll start a thread!

Four o clock on the 19th Saturday October 2013 :)

Unfortunately too early for me but I could join later, about 730pm if you are all still there!

I could do four at a push.. but later would be better for me... I'd suggest 7.30ish also...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Ooooh sounds scary, meeting people I don't know with by myself without dutch courage... has never been done before. How sad is that? :)

I'm in the 32-34 age bracket :)

:( I'm old :(

• Advertisement

6pm + would definitely be better for me normally pretty hectic during the day on a Saturday

Ooooh sounds scary, meeting people I don't know with by myself without dutch courage... has never been done before. How sad is that? :)

I'm around about the same age ;) and I'd be a shy enough creature myself.. so you'll be in good company :)

We're all various ages, don't think that's a problem! Whatever time other people want is grand, I'm never busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Evening would suit me better after 7/8

I suggest a poll.

I think there's enough of a consensus to just go ahead with 7.30pm.

New thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057031678

Think of it as therapy, emmabrighton! Amongst friends. I think it's quite likely that many of us, myself included, are a little shy and awkward and that might be what fuelled the (booze) fire in the first place.

Getting there will be the hardest part. Half an hour in and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. That's usually my experience anyway. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 fuzz11

Hey all, i live down the country. 23yrs n dont drink. Dont mind going to the pub/ nightclub but really tired of it being every weekend. Then da lads have no money/ hungover to do anything for the rest if weekend. I like to go do and see things but my life seem to be kinda stuck at the moment. Anyone have interest in setting up a group to do fun stuff ( can include the pub) with drink n no drink involved??? Not in dublin, as group set up there already. I no it may b alittle akward to start but it would be a great outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JonBon27

Hey all did this meet up ever ho ahead???

• Advertisement

Hi JonBon27,

Yes, Realies and I managed to meet up. Budgese also was there apparently but didn't connect.

Hopefully we'll have a better turn out next time.

Advertisement