Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky player

Options
  • 06-08-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

anyone having issues with sky player?
    i read they did an update but when i go on tonight it has disappeared of dashboard and apps. when try to d/l again it says not available in location. its not registered as a device on sky go even tho it was on that for the last year or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I just downloaded it again 30 minutes ago. Working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Not liking the new update at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Came here to post the same, don't think there was an update (There was one for netflix for me) but same as op the app is gone and when I try and download it again I get "Not available in your location" error

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Is your profile set to Ireland?

Mine seemed to upgrade automatically, didn't have to download Anything.

They seem to have got rid of a lot of the on demand stuff.

Is your profile set to Ireland?

Mine seemed to upgrade automatically, didn't have to download Anything.

They seem to have got rid of a lot of the on demand stuff.

Yeah it is set to Ireland, surely if it was region locked it the app would still be there? It's weird yesterday when I turned on the console it went to the avatar selection page instead of auto signing my one in as usual, it would just keep loading and not go to the home screen. I hit the guide button and was logged in etc so was able to access the recently used tab and get netflix through that but sky was not there.

Today I start the console up signs in as normal but no sky, the shortcut is still in the my pins tab and there is 134KB of saved data but no app.

Would this have something to do with Sky's push for their now tv service I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

i oogled everything on this last night and couldnt find anything. cleared cache and everything. location error is something to do with IP but i never interefered with anything. there loads on the sky forum havingproblems but not a location error. GAAman are u using uk sky code or irish?

either way we shouldnt be prevented from d/l the app

So I got it d/l finally. I used another gamer tag I'd set up and got it. Something to do with my email add originating in north for my main GT. must look at how to change region on that.
    Used to have same problem with cod maps years ago then was able to use spare GT

Sorry haven't been on since, mine is the opposite, I downloaded the app again using a uk gamertag I have and it worked, with the Irish sky code I have :confused:

The new sky app is horrible much prefer the old one, but at least I have it back!

Not user friendly at all. Looks like the sky go app for iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Im getting the same error about not available in current location. Im guessing it is because my profile has the location set to UK, I changed it recently to get the 4OD app working. It can only be changed once every 3 months. Can anyone else that is getting the error confirm they have their region set to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Had to redownload too. I've a us dns. Whoever designed this should be shot with balls of their own shiite.

sweetie wrote: »
    Had to redownload too. I've a us dns. Whoever designed this should be shot with balls of their own shiite.

Not to mention that even though there has been a huge update, "sleek" new menu, new groupings for on demand content and yet the same feckin problems as before.

When accessing on demand content every couple of episodes will buffer every 8-10 seconds despite my doing a speed test at the same time and getting 30 meg per second :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

If I change channel on tv and go back to Xbox channel with sky app playing I lose the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Anyone having problems with it tonight?its saying service temporarily unavailable

No fine here.

Content is much reduced. They had dexter on previous app but not this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

For the past week I keep getting error messages when signing in, and when it eventually lets me to sign in, I get the same error message when choosing a channel to watch. I've already deleted the sky app and reinstalled it but I'm having the same problem......

For the past week I keep getting error messages when signing in, and when it eventually lets me to sign in, I get the same error message when choosing a channel to watch. I've already deleted the sky app and reinstalled it but I'm having the same problem......

More or less the same problem with me.i got the update but wouldn't log in.i deleted the app and installed it again.logged me in for a couple of seconds and then said sky was temporarily offline.
    Anyone know how to sort it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I eventually got mine working by setting up a new Xbox live account and installing it from there. Then logged in using normal account and it worked fine.

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    More or less the same problem with me.i got the update but wouldn't log in.i deleted the app and installed it again.logged me in for a couple of seconds and then said sky was temporarily offline.
    Anyone know how to sort it?

From looking at the sky help forums, this issue has not been resolved yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

God the new update looks horrible. The old sky player was amazing, i hate the layout of the new one.

Does anyone know why the replaced an amazing app with the horrid one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The new app is a bit annoying but once the quality of the stream holds up I'm not going to complain. It is also slightly annoying the accessing it form the menu takes a couple of extra button presses - "go to your tv app" has replaced the sky app on mine, really doesn't make sense

Don't know why they changed the app.i still can't sign in.getting annoying at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Yeah much worse than old one :(

Still cant sign in....

Have done everything, cleared cache, uninstalled and installed the sky go app repeatedly......getting fed up at this stage!

Still cant sign in....

Have done everything, cleared cache, uninstalled and installed the sky go app repeatedly......getting fed up at this stage!

I finally got sorted.I deleted the app.
    Signed into sky go on my laptop and ticked the box to accept terms and conditions(as suggested by sky rep) and then redownloaded the app on Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Signed into sky go on my laptop and ticked the box to accept terms and conditions(as suggested by sky rep) and then redownloaded the app on Xbox
    Thanks. That got it fixed for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Hate the new app. Seems to be stuck in letterbox mode at the resolution I choose, whereas the old one was perfect. So now I don't even bother watching it. The player controls are laggy coming up now too. Useless update. Don't see why they needed to change it, used to love the Sky Movies anytime on it.

I'll try this.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Fast forward and rewind now actually work. Worth the hassle for this alone.

Advertisement