Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky player

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hate the new app. Seems to be stuck in letterbox mode at the resolution I choose, whereas the old one was perfect. So now I don't even bother watching it. The player controls are laggy coming up now too. Useless update. Don't see why they needed to change it, used to love the Sky Movies anytime on it.

How can they ruin something so badly? It's sooooo slow to do anything. Even having to press A to get the mini program guide (which you can't scroll acroos!) up on screen bugs me. It's my main source of TV, as little as I get to watch of it, so I have to live with it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Páid wrote: »
    Fast forward and rewind now actually work. Worth the hassle for this alone.

I had noticed that too which is cool. On step forward, two steps back though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I put "crash" on there about 30 mins ago. The Xbox had signed me out twice since the start, I have to go through the whole process of picking the movie and fast forwarding to the point I was at. There's no "resume" tab.

This thing is a joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Anyone else having issues with it constantly signing you out when you close out of the app? Before the upgrade this was never an issue now it's happening on 2 consoles which both use different gamertags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Anyone having issues logging on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

not really, tiny bit slower maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

This app is well and truly awful now. Had to turn it off there after watching 10mins of "blow"

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Trampas wrote: »
    If I change channel on tv and go back to Xbox channel with sky app playing I lose the connection.

Yea I thought that was just me, no idea wtf is going on.

I hate the new tv guide layout. Fair enough I can see what's on and what's coming up, but it takes ages to get down to the sports channels. They need a bar across the top to be able to go quickly to sports, movies, entertainment etc

Advertisement