Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my options for a repeat year after illness? Can I defer?

Options
  • 06-08-2013 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I posted about my situation a few months back. I've spoken with the V.E.C. twice, and they are completely happy to renew my grant for the repeat year so long as I provide documents about my illness.

Since then I've been trying to get hold of someone at I.T. Sligo for letters from them, but it has been a month of voicemails and phone calls going into a black hole even as I see the same staff working and sending out responses to other students. I'm kinda frustrated by this, and I know I'm running out of time to get my grant application in the door in a timely manner.

On top of this, I'm not sure I'm ready to return to college, and I have no access to any kind of advisor. Is it possible to defer repeating for a year and preserve the grant, or would that be taking things too far?

Should I just travel to Sligo, turn up at an office, and hope that the member of the faculty I need to speak to is present?

Comments

In the hope of saving you a trip to Sligo, have you had any contact with your course leader? Might be a chance of them getting someone to contact you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Voicemail and two emails over the past two weeks. Zip.

Ah crap. A trip to Sligo seems to be the best bet then.
    Can see if they can help you find someone to speak with about deferring the year, since you are unsure about returning this year.

Advertisement