Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA money grabbing

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I think they should move Croke Park to Clare, and have it there for free for the OP.

FFS, I don't want to sound like a dick but typical this time of the year that the fair weathers make an appearance and have to beeutch and moan about the ticket prices for one of the best stadiums in Europe and one of the best events.
    160 quid for entertainment like that, probably 2 matches.
    As mentioned, concert tickets are probably 60+ euro per concert IN CROKER PARK, so what why now complain about GAA tickets.

OP seems to have disappeared, probably on "Moan to Joe" on LiveLine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

Stoner wrote: »
    Or Pay €90 for One Direction Tickets.

My season ticket cost me €80 I got to see 9 League game, the club final, Ulster V Len and the first championship game for it, that's 12 games (excluding possibly 4 or 5 double headers) I had great seats for them all, but now at the business end I pay up for the rest of the tickets and I see nothing wrong with that.

The GAA need to make money and they have plenty of offers on during the year, but they are not going to turn away from revenue for their best seats, I see nothing wrong with it they still have offers for kids.

I was in section 705 for the Cork Dublin game on Saturday, there was some sort of a barney between some tyrone and Dublin supporters behind us during the dublin game, it really was not suitable for kids a good few had to be brought home.

A very good point and you will get your kids a juvenile ticket with it. The only shame is it is tied to the senior team while Kilkenny are in the minor on Sunday they will not let me buy our tickets on the season ticket I have had to buy them through the club but they are selling juvenile tickets in the corner of the Cusack Sstand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I've been pretty much situated in 305/306 for the last few years now. I think as others have said, from a hurling perspective the higher up the better as the ball travels that much higher. There's a good reason that the management team are situated on the sidelines as that's their best placement to view the overall game in the correct context - I don't really get the sitting in Davin tbh .. but that's a personal opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Will somebody please think of the children!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Pudders wrote: »
    The great Father Tommy Maher liked watching from the front row of the upper cusack. He reckoned it gave him the best overall view of the game.

I've been in every part of the ground in both the old and new bar Hill 16 oddly - been in teh canal end when it was a terrace and the Nally. Davin lower behind the goal isn't great but there isn't really a bad seat in the house. For £5 for kids as well.They'll be more interested in waving their flags for much of the match rather than actually watching it.

Aah I have always wanted to get a ticket on the front row of the upper. Havent gotten my hands on one yet, maybe this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We got an adult and under 15 for total €45 - Upper Cusack 706 midfield area

Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

We got an adult and under 15 for total €45 - Upper Cusack 706 midfield area

Happy days
    Thats very good.

And should you want to see Dublin in Hurling and Football you can get a ticket for both games for 65 euro rather than 2x40 = 80euro bought separately.
    There was also similar deals on tickets for the quarters and the subsequent semi finals.

GAA ahould be renamed the Give Away Association for all these great deals on tickets!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

If you are literally on one of the seats right beside the entrance to a section, you have the problem of people and stewards regularly blocking your view. Other than those, there are very few bad seats. Staring right across the centre of the field isn't always great. Play moves up and down the pitch, so the best place to be sitting moves as the ball does.

As to the OP complaining about the price of tickets, they are great value. €40 for what is effectively the second biggest game of the year. As has been pointed out, you'd pay more for a run of the mill league game in England, and only get one match. You'll have two on Sunday if you get in on time.

All these first timers complaining about prices. The rest of us have spent a fortune on going to matches all year while you were all sitting cosily at home not even watching or listening to your county playing, or even knowing that they were playing. I was at the two football quarter final days, and have already got my tickets for all of the Hurling and Football semi-finals, as I am sure others have. That's €205 for just those few weeks of games for me, having availed of the Dublin semi-finals deal. Then we have all the other expense associated with each match day on top of that. We are not complaining, because we are following our passion. Our passion is not something we do once a year.

The people that complain about prices are the ones that only do it once a year. For the rest of us €40 for a semi-final day is not a lot, it is just a fraction of following our passion. It is worth every cent. If you don't want to pay €40 for next Sunday, then go and do whatever it was you were doing on all of those other Sundays since the start of the year that your county was playing on. €40 for next Sunday? You obviously wouldn't know value if it bit you on your posterior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

My son has attended 8 games with me this year. He got in free for 6 of them. I could have got him a €5 ticket for the Munster final and another €5 for the quarter final. I opted to bring him into another section of the terrace with me for the Munster final (€15) and he got into the lower Cusack for €20 last Sunday.

Money grabbers my ar$e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I take it back I take it all back
    Spoke to a lovely guy called Kevin in the Dorset street office and got tickets 4 adult 7 juvenile section 710 row x and got three adult tickets for the oldies in the lower Cusack via the club
    Happy happy happy

Fair play to the Kevin guy he was soooo helpful
    I'm delighted :D

Good. Don't forget now, all first timers watching, the first games of the year in many counties are on the 1st of January, some even featuring the county teams, like the Blue Stars matches in Dublin. If not then, your county will be out competing soon after that. Go and see them as often as you can. Come and visit us here in this forum too. Like the GAA season, it doesn't just run from July to September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I have missed 3 games in 2013 between senior, U21 and hurling minors and underage camogie my car has travelled all over the country this year so I'm delighted to have tickets for this one should be a cracker :)

Great. See you in Croke Park. Give me a wave. I'll be the guy in the blue shirt. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Spoke to a lovely guy called Kevin in the Dorset street office and got tickets 4 adult 7 juvenile section 710 row x and got three adult tickets for the oldies in the lower Cusack via the club
    Happy happy happy

Good to hear.

Like Flukey said, keep having a look on hear and asking people in the club or county about these things and we'll all do our best to point you in the right direction. Enjoy the game.

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Happy happy happy

Is he the young fella, tallish, with dark hair? He's usually there when I go in. He's good. The ticket office people can often be jobsworths at times, but other times they can be helpful.

I have a Parnell Pass. That guarantees me one ticket for Dublin games. There are occasions when I might be bringing someone to the game with me, like friends, relatives etc. and want to get a few tickets together. Often they will refuse. Now I know you are limited to one ticket by the rules, but at the non-Parnell Pass windows, you can buy up to six tickets. In theory anyone could go up there and buy a load of tickets, including touts. Meanwhile, someone who has put their money where their mouth is, by buying a Parnell Pass, thus proving themselves to be genuine supporters and likely to be bringing other genuine supporters with them, are often refused. Even if you go to the other window, they won't mark off you having used your Parnell Pass. Us genuine fans want to spread the word of our games by bringing new people to it, yet it is sometimes easier for a potential tout to get multiple tickets. Someone with a Parnell Pass or a Season ticket should have priority in those situations, especially when you go in on the day of the match and find so many empty seats around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement