Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DRam showing as 800 in CPUz

Options
  • 06-08-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a sandybridge i7 2700k /Asrock Z77 overclocked to 4.5 Mhz and have tested it thoroughly with OCCT 4.4 and it is stable at under 60 degrees on all cores. One thing I cant figure is why the DDR 3 1600 shows in CPUz as being only 800 mhz even though it is showing 1600mhz in the bios. Have I got the 2X8 gig dimms in the wrong slots on the mobo......or am I misinterpreting/misunderstanding something.
    Regds John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

DDR stands for double data rate so the 800 is multiplied by 2 to give you 1600mhz. It's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Ok.....that sounds plausable, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

So overclocking wise........its as good as it gets,........................ would it be worth upgrading to the i7 4770k? Its primarily for gaming.

Advertisement