Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Garda

Options
  • 07-08-2013 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

For the last five nights there has been house alarm going off across the road. Can't sleep. I've been in touch with An Garda Siochanna. Told me contact estate agent. I have lot of elderly neighbors too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Pearse Road - this thing is on all the time now but before it was louder (and someone was switching it off).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Try contacting the Borough Council, they might be able to do something about it, I don't think there's much the Gardaí can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Unless the Borough Council own the house I'd say they can't get involved. You'll have to contact the owner or whoever is in charge of the house.
    You could the ring the alarm company who's name is on the bellbox and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

It looks like the house is empty so o think it will be hard to find the owner.
    Security company want help because i think the contract with them is over otherwise they would react on alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

Thanks everybody for replies. Got in touch with estate agents, v polite and are aware of problem. They have been in contact with owner. Loki7777 is right it's not very loud but at night it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

iamnotme wrote: »
    Thanks everybody for replies. Got in touch with estate agents, v polite and are aware of problem. They have been in contact with owner. Loki7777 is right it's not very loud but at night it is.
    Disturbing the peace is a public order offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Could also be classed as noise pollution and that would be the responsibility of the council, I think.

Advertisement