Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best vegan protein powder?

Options
  • 07-08-2013 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Okay so I'm (slowly) becoming more active and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which vegan protein powder is best for post workout recovery? I tried looking into it myself but tbh I couldn't understand most of it and just got very confused. If anyone is wondering why I'm going down the protein powder route for recovery rather than the food route it's because I'm hoping to to exercise in the mornings which is a time when I have very little appetite so a shake will be an easy way to get enough protein for recovery. Also if I keep this up when I go back to college I'll have less time in the mornings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Protein for repair and rebuild , you need carbohydrates for growth and recover , a good amino profile bcaa supplement too. a ratio of 3:1 carbs/protein is optimum.

Scivations "Xtend" is great for recovery if u don't have the time and Knowledge to make your own mix .

Pea protein is decent for a vegan, better than hemp for sure .

Just a note, don't waste time with weightlifting if you ain't gonna eat proper . You need whole foods before and after heavy lifting . Ivsuggestclooking into bodybuilding diet plans first.

Diet , sleep, consistency ..... The foundations to look into .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've tried a good few protein powders and a lot of them taste like muck.
    The nicest I've had is Sun Warrior, google them and have a look, They have brown rice protein powder and a Vegan Blend of pea, cranberry and hemp.

EDIT: http://www.sunwarrior.com/product-info/

there ya go.

Advertisement