Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Must Do's in Dublin"

Options
  • 07-08-2013 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Me and some of my good friends are heading up to dublin for a "Lads weekend" the the whole weekend staying in a nice hotel in the city been up before years ago but only for a gig here & there never really went out in the city or had a good look around. We are all early/ mid 20's looking for some of the Must do's while in Dublin. Looking for a local's input like best places to go for a pint, fun, sights, women ;), night life, food like local restaurants that are famous to locals or have great food can be chipper or mitchlin etc. good spots for gigs/ trad music and good shopping areas etc.

I've had a good look online and found a few places just looking to see what Dublin has to offer from a locals view and knowledge! =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Want something to clear the cobwebs in the morning? Try http://www.surfdock.ie/

Guinness in Mulligans is something to behold. Temple Bar in for the Temple bar madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Farrington's in Temple Bar is a great boozer - good music, amazing beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

keep your smartphone in your pocket...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Get yourselves to Tolka Park at 8pm Friday!

Diceys on Harcourt St is decent on a Saturday for some women, can pop over to Coppers at 3am then....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Get yourselves to Tolka Park at 8pm Friday!

Diceys on Harcourt St is decent on a Saturday for some women, can pop over to Coppers at 3am then....

Love the plug for a Shels match! :) think I'll head over myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

Cheers for the info lads! =)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Head out to Dalkey on the DART and get in for a swim at the Ramparts. After, walk up Killiney Hill and see the best view over Dublin there is. Plot your night-time raid. "Tonight, gentlemen, all we survey is ours for the taking".

You'll have earned and worked up a hell of a thirst for your pints after that. Get into Temple Bar and chat up as many foreign girls as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

take a look at www.sweebe.com www.entertainment.ie and www.dublineventguide.com for some ideas.

for ladies, I would recommend a trip down to Dawson street, for one of your nights. Head to no.37, Samsara and café en seine for 3 of the best looking bars with the best looking ladies in Dublin. then a cab to Howl at the moon or wander down to Harcourt street and try Everleigh gardens or the Dandelion club.

Then as suggested, a big night in temple bar on your other evening. people may knock it, but for a one off night there is nowhere outside of London where you will met as many different people from as many different countries in the uk and ireland. great fun!

do a search for "cool cafes in central Dublin" on this site for places to eat. and check out www.menupages.ie for other food options.

you are spoilt for choice in Dublin when it comes to pubs bars and clubs and restaurants, so its worth checking the places that play the kind of music youre into in advance.

enjoy your weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

liffeylite wrote: »
    take a look at www.sweebe.com www.entertainment.ie and www.dublineventguide.com for some ideas.

for ladies, I would recommend a trip down to Dawson street, for one of your nights. Head to no.37, Samsara and café en seine for 3 of the best looking bars with the best looking ladies in Dublin. then a cab to Howl at the moon or wander down to Harcourt street and try Everleigh gardens or the Dandelion club.

Then as suggested, a big night in temple bar on your other evening. people may knock it, but for a one off night there is nowhere outside of London where you will met as many different people from as many different countries in the uk and ireland. great fun!

do a search for "cool cafes in central Dublin" on this site for places to eat. and check out www.menupages.ie for other food options.

you are spoilt for choice in Dublin when it comes to pubs bars and clubs and restaurants, so its worth checking the places that play the kind of music youre into in advance.

enjoy your weekend :D

...and don't forget the most boring :D !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

gtfo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

CommanderC wrote: »
    ...and don't forget the most boring :D !!!

most snobish too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Want something to clear the cobwebs in the morning? Try http://www.surfdock.ie/

Guinness in Mulligans is something to behold. Temple Bar in for the Temple bar madness

That's strange because Mulligans don't sell Guinness. They sell a few other very nice stouts though. The oyster stout is excellent, but that's also available in Porterhouse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There is more than one pub called Mulligans!

Dord wrote: »
    That's strange because Mulligans don't sell Guinness. They sell a few other very nice stouts though. The oyster stout is excellent, but that's also available in Porterhouse.

You're thinking of mulligan's in stoneybatter. He's talking about Mulligan's in poolbeg street I'd imagine.

O Donoghues do a good guinness too.

The Morgan hotel on Friday night is class, latin music, drums/saxaphones, reminds me of a headcandi night!!! Very very expensive though.

The porterhouse Temple Bar is also a great spot, your choice of yummy beers and live music. All around that pub really is quite good.

I'll think of more when I'm less tired!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

You're thinking of mulligan's in stoneybatter. He's talking about Mulligan's in poolbeg street I'd imagine.

Indeed. Merci buckets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

My bad! :pac: ...but he should check out Mulligans in Stoneybatter too. The food makes up for the lack of Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

The Oak on Dame St is a good place for a few pints before the madness of Temple Bar or Diceys!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Gotta go and grab a slice from Di Fountains pizza opposite the porter house, slices the size if your head my friend.

Zaytoon do the best kebabs in Dublin although some will debate this!

If your looking for a free in/5 euro a pint strip bar then theres a place under the clifton court hotel on eden quay ;)

Head out to howth, climb to the top of deer park and be amazed at the views, head back down again and have get some of the best fish and chips ireland has to offer in Beshoffs of howth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Gotta go and grab a slice from Di Fountains pizza opposite the porter house, slices the size if your head my friend.

Zaytoon do the best kebabs in Dublin although some will debate this!

If your looking for a free in/5 euro a pint strip bar then theres a place under the clifton court hotel on eden quay ;)

Head out to howth, climb to the top of deer park and be amazed at the views, head back down again and have get some of the best fish and chips ireland has to offer in Beshoffs of howth

Nah, Ishmails on Baggot st always win

21/25

Yep, Mulligans of stoneybatter is a lovely spot for grub and pints.
    uch wrote: »
    Nah, Ishmails on Baggot st always win

No you're both wrong, iskanders on Dame street always win.....:P

Difontaine's wins the pizza competition though. Nom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

You'll want somewhere for Mass on Sunday morning no doubt?
    You can't go wrong with 10.30am or 11.30am, Church of the Immaculate conception, Merchants Quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Pubs around Grafton Street on Friday night, Kehoes, Neary's, the Bailey, Grogan's and the Stags head some of the best ones. Ba Mizu, 37 and Cafe En Seine are in the same area and serve until very late.

Temple Bar is a good bet for Saturday evening and then heading up to Flannery's and Coppers for late night carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

liffeylite wrote: »

That Everleigh place seems to get consistently bad reviews.

Advertisement