Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INTERNET EXPLORER NOT SAVING FILES

Options
  • 07-08-2013 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

This has happened in last week or so and not sure what I did to make it happen, but when I click on a download link, the files don't download anymore.

The pop up box appears and the options, OPEN, SAVE, CANCEL

I tried it tonight and hit save but nothing happened.

I'm using IE10 on win 7.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

IE10 common issue, click the down arrow to the right of Save and select Save As instead.

save-as-option-ie10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

malene wrote:
    got it sorted
    Im glad ya got it sorted my friend!!

IE is a good browser regardless of what others say about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

BURN HIM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Dude111 wrote: »
    Im glad ya got it sorted my friend!!

IE is a good browser regardless of what others say about it!

A Microsoft fan, you should be declared an endangered species!

Why can't IE throw up an Open/Save popup panel (where 'Save' means 'Save as.....') when you want to download a file like every other browser instead of that crappy box at the bottom of the screen? Lord knows how much junk is sitting in some forgotten 'downloads' folder on my hard drive thanks to me hitting the 'Save' option in IE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder if thats on newer IE versions?? (I have heard it got more complicated to use)

I have IE6 and when i click here for example I get a box asking me what i want to do (Open/Save/Cancel/More Info)

If i click SAVE it then lets me place it in whatever folder I want and name it anything i want... (If i dont want the default name/type for whatever it is)

What do you see when ya click it buddy??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

coylemj wrote: »

Why can't IE throw up an Open/Save popup panel (where 'Save' means 'Save as.....') when you want to download a file like every other browser instead of that crappy box at the bottom of the screen? Lord knows how much junk is sitting in some forgotten 'downloads' folder on my hard drive thanks to me hitting the 'Save' option in IE!

Chrome seems to suffer the same issue, tis mad annoying (I always end up downloading files on Chrome twice as a result-impatience is a possibility here). Same with Firefox's new downloads button which sucks downloads up out of sight, and thus having people wonder where the f*ck it went :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nick

Advertisement