Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

910xt or Ambit2 s

Options
  • 07-08-2013 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Which to chose?

Need help. Ok, so Ambit2 s may not be perfect but on the the other hand 910xt is now a 2 year old model an surely an updated version will appear soo.

Gut instinct anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Got 910...its great
    Maybe old but still does the job (for me it was also size matter as I have ridiculously tiny wrist, this one fitted the best)
    It's one of not many tri watches that has descent swimming settings
    What exactly are you after???
    JohnBee wrote: »
    Which to chose?

Need help. Ok, so Ambit2 s may not be perfect but on the the other hand 910xt is now a 2 year old model an surely an updated version will appear soo.

Gut instinct anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Gut tells me Ambit - 910xt owner

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Thanks, I guess I will need it for triathlon.

Just I fear 910xt is getting a bit outdated and while Ambit2 s doesn't seem perfect from reviews, most issues are software.

Anyone have an Ambit already?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

I've the 910xt, preordered it and never had a problem with it yet. Use it for swims, cycles and runs. 5-7 times a week.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thanks, I guess I will need it for triathlon.

Just I fear 910xt is getting a bit outdated and while Ambit2 s doesn't seem perfect from reviews, most issues are software.

Anyone have an Ambit already?
    You could look on it another way, the 910xt is tried, tested and debugged by now.*

*some will argue that, but still.

I have a 910, it works fine, does what I want. Not perfect for indoor swimming, it misreads a lot, but generally its impressive in what it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

I very nearly bought a 910 recently but just like you was worried about a new release.

Reading DC Rainmaker, he reckons the ambit is one for the future when the software is maximised but until then 910.

Seanie_H wrote: »
    I very nearly bought a 910 recently but just like you was worried about a new release.

Reading DC Rainmaker, he reckons the ambit is one for the future when the software is maximised but until then 910.

So what did you buy?

Left it as a wait and see!

I have a 610 Forerunner which is fine for my cycling and running - in fact it's great for both. My plan was to sell that and get the 910.
    Life threw up a few other priorities like finding a new place so the watch is on the back burner for a few months.

Hopefully that works in my favour.

I have a 610 Forerunner which is fine for my cycling and running - in fact it's great for both. My plan was to sell that and get the 910.
    Life threw up a few other priorities like finding a new place so the watch is on the back burner for a few months.

Maybe at that stage Garmin will have an update! OK will let you guys know my decision.

OK so went with Ambit2 s.
    Will post impressions in a few days.

Got a good price and couldn't resist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

OK so went with Ambit2 s.
    Will post impressions in a few days.

Got a good price and couldn't resist!

Curious where you purchased, b&m or online? Was looking around myself too....

EC1000 wrote: »
    Curious where you purchased, b&m or online? Was looking around myself too....

I'm actually Irish but just moved to North America. Did a triathlon and got a voucher for 100 dollars off so price 400 dollars Canadian (approx 290 euro) so a good deal!

Bit of over analysis / guessing here.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?42265-New-model-replacing-Forerunner-910XT

Basically, new 910 not expected 2014 earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Foyler

Well in that case I wouldn't bother, my Forerunner310xt is pants in open water so I borrowed a friends 910xt for a swim to inishbofin we've been building to for a few years as I really wanted to keep a record.

According to the watch I disappeared about 2km from bofin and haven't been seen since...
    Buddy has the dedicated swim watch which worked fine but it seems they have a ways to go on these combi yokes:(.

I'm actually Irish but just moved to North America. Did a triathlon and got a voucher for 100 dollars off so price 400 dollars Canadian (approx 290 euro) so a good deal!

So how's the Ambit working out?

Advertisement