Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a bike

• 07-08-2013 6:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Happy days gettin a bike in next few weeks. Been on sites looking. Seen some lovely bikes like cbr 600 gsxr 600/750 all in 00 to 02 models and the bike I love 98 blade My budget would be from 1000/2500 the lower side the better as insurance is costing a few bob but I also know I get what I pay for. So out of the bikes what are the thoughts. Be great if you have had them and know about the good and bad side of the bikes ie what to watch out for buying are what is common to brake are so. I'm 30 an 6ft little shy 100kg and a sports bike is defo what I'd like so any info on them bikes other bikes along them lines be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Guessing this will be your first bike? There are a million reasons why getting a 600/1000cc sportsbike is a terrible idea. Just bear in mind that you do not have the experience to use one of these without killing yourself. You can chance it if you like, I wouldn't.

If you want one go for the cbr600f. Not the RR.

Have a look at the SV650. Thats probably the perfect bike for you right now.

Don't forget the cost of gear when you're doing your figures.

Advertisement