Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Tab2, 10.1" From USA or Dixons Airport

• 07-08-2013 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭

I have decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1".

There are currently priced around 320e in Irish retailers.

In Dixons in the Airport they are priced at 270e, has anyone baught electronics here? Do you have to be travelling outside EU to avail of this price?

I am going to USA for a few weeks later this month and was thinking about buying it over there. I know if I dont have it in the box upon my return to Ireland I cant be done by customs. My concerns would be the charger (USA use 110V) and the warrenty.

Also would the saving be worth the risk?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

If you get the US one it's going to be a left hand model

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

OU812 wrote: »
    If you get the US one it's going to be a left hand model
    Dammit OU812, almost spat tea all over my laptop! :D

Tibulas, could you not buy a Euro spec charger for a few quid off eBay? Can the tablet handle both currents?

As for the warranty, if anything goes wrong I'd just ring Samsung themselves and tell them you've moved from the US since you bought the device or something? They should honour the warranty, just hold onto your proof of purchase.

You can get a refurbished one here for £190 (~€219) +€3.50 or new for £230 (~€265) +€3.50 from PC World

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Tibulus wrote: »
    I have decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1".

There are currently priced around 320e in Irish retailers.

In Dixons in the Airport they are priced at 270e, has anyone baught electronics here? Do you have to be travelling outside EU to avail of this price?

I am going to USA for a few weeks later this month and was thinking about buying it over there. I know if I dont have it in the box upon my return to Ireland I cant be done by customs. My concerns would be the charger (USA use 110V) and the warrenty.

Also would the saving be worth the risk?

The charger shouldn't be a problem. l bought my Note 10.1 abroad, complete with it's 2-pin plug and it is working fine here in Ireland for me. All I needed was a 2-pin to a 3-pin connector.

The vast majority of consumer-electronics power supplies are dual-voltage these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Tibulus

Thanks everyone for the help, much apreciated.

Is there generally much of a saving buying electonics in the USA?

A colleague was also telling me that there is a Google Nexus 10 available in there, possiby a better option than the Galaxy Tab2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Tibulus wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the help, much apreciated.

Is there generally much of a saving buying electonics in the USA?

A colleague was also telling me that there is a Google Nexus 10 available in there, possiby a better option than the Galaxy Tab2?

It is but you will need a US address to get it because as far as I'm aware you can still only order them direct from Google in the US as well so you won't be able to pick a brand new one up in a bricks and mortar shop.

Advertisement