Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runners Nutrition/Diet

Options
  • 07-08-2013 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Folks,

Would anyone have any suggestions for books/guides on nutrition and healthy eating for runners? I'm always telling myself that I need to start eating right but I really need to get the finger out. Since I started running 2 years ago my appetite has gone through the roof and I've been fairly lazy in terms of what food I go for. I train fairly seriously and average about 50 miles a week so luckily I burn most it off but I have pencilled in the Dublin Marathon for next year (plenty of notice I know) so don't want to be carrying any additional weight and running on the wrong fuel. I'd be aiming for something in around the 2.40 mark.

I've looked at stuff online before but have found some of the information too vague and the sources untrustworthy. I'd really like to find something that breaks down the requirements and provides specific meal/food options to cater for each area. If this was to include examples of food plans it would be massively helpful in terms of providing a template.

Thanks for all your help.

Comments

Advertisement