Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Viewing on eMobile

Options
  • 07-08-2013 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello eMobile,

I have a problem with my new account with eMobile, the problem is when I try to watch my CCTV camera on port 366 it doesn’t work but when I was with Vodafone or Three I never had this problem and I could watch it perfectly. I hope someone can help!

Thanks,
    William

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

stuck2007 wrote: »
    Hello eMobile,

I have a problem with my new account with eMobile, the problem is when I try to watch my CCTV camera on port 366 it doesn’t work but when I was with Vodafone or Three I never had this problem and I could watch it perfectly. I hope someone can help!

Thanks,
    William
    Hi stuck2007

Do you have eircom broadband?

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stuck2007

Hi stuck2007

Do you have eircom broadband?

Al

Yes I do but the CCTV camera is hosted on the three network

Yes I do but the CCTV camera is hosted on the three network
    Ok stuck2007

If you could PM me your eircom landline number and emobile number, I'll look further into this.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I suspect that this may have to do with the usage of port 366 for this sort of traffic. Port 366 has an official designation, and really should not be used for media streaming. To bo honest, to avoid problems, ports above 1024 should be used, and preferably those that don't have alternative designations.

Technical description for port 366:
    Port 366 is designated specifically for ODMR or On-Demand Mail Relay which is a profile of SMTP or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.

This port may well be blocked by Eircom, and others, as a spam reduction measure. I'm not saying this is right, but it is understandable, if indeed this is what's being done.

gerryk wrote: »
    I suspect that this may have to do with the usage of port 366 for this sort of traffic. Port 366 has an official designation, and really should not be used for media streaming. To bo honest, to avoid problems, ports above 1024 should be used, and preferably those that don't have alternative designations.

Port 366 is designated specifically for ODMR or On-Demand Mail Relay which is a profile of SMTP or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.

This port may well be blocked by Eircom, and others, as a spam reduction measure. I'm not saying this is right, but it is understandable, if indeed this is what's being done.

Thanks Gerry for your advice, I'll change the port tonight to 25565 as I have had success with this in the past

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Gerry,
    Tried changing the ports to various different number and still no luck. Also Alan I sent you a PM and you still haven't got back to me .

Thanks
    William

Hi Gerry,
    Tried changing the ports to various different number and still no luck. Also Alan I sent you a PM and you still haven't got back to me .

Thanks
    William
    Hi stuck2007

I'm awaiting an update from technical support for information on this issue, as soon as I have an update I will be in touch with you here.

Apologies for the delay.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Ok, that's strange... Eircom couldn't be blocking every port, or you wouldn't be able to communicate on the internet at all. Well, they could block all except packets destined for very common service ,but this would be beyond inept. Fact is, I know they don't as I run services from my box, and can connect to it just fine.

I also know they don't block UDP, as I run a PBX from my house, and that has no issues either.

What about your server setup? Have you the correct ports forwarded? I don't mean to imply you don't know what you're doing, but best to eliminate all possiblities.

Thanks Gerry for your advice, I'll change the port tonight to 25565 as I have had success with this in the past

Thanks

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi stuck2007

Broadband technical support have got back to me and informed me that as you are not using one of our modems (eircom modem) so there is not a lot they can advise on.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]If it was an eircom modem the firewall on the modem should be set to low and port 366/25565.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]They have also suggested making sure that the modem currently set up needs to be forwarded to the camera’s ip address.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Al
    [/font]

Thanks

Hi stuck2007

Broadband technical support have got back to me and informed me that as you are not using one of our modems (eircom modem) so there is not a lot they can advise on.

If it was an eircom modem the firewall on the modem should be set to low and port 366/25565.

They have also suggested making sure that the modem currently set up needs to be forwarded to the camera’s ip address.

Thanks

Al
    Hello Alan,

As I have previously mentioned the DVR is hosted on the Three 3G network and not on a eircom broadband connection.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement