Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre in Castlebar

Options
  • 07-08-2013 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm just looking for a straight forward answer as to whether efibre is ever going to be available at my business address in the centre of Castlebar town, Co. Mayo.

efibre according to your map is already switched on and available in the town and I understand it is not available everywhere.

I don't need a time frame just to know if it will ever be available to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I'm just looking for a straight forward answer as to whether efibre is ever going to be available at my business address in the centre of Castlebar town, Co. Mayo.

efibre according to your map is already switched on and available in the town and I understand it is not available everywhere.

I don't need a time frame just to know if it will ever be available to me.
    Hi riskybiscuit

If at this moment in time the efibre line checker located above this map ( http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ ) is not advising you that your line can avail of efibre we are unable to answer your question to the level of your satisfaction as we cannot tell when specific lines or specific cabinets will be upgraded.

We can only offer you the information available to us and we are unable to see what cabinet your line is connected and we cannot view or comment on infrastructural and operational plans to this detail.

I understand the map says efibre is available in your area however not all lines will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year.

I'm sorry I'm unable to offer you a timeframe as to when efibre will be available to your line but the line checker will remain to check going forward.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 riskybiscuit

Hi riskybiscuit

If at this moment in time the efibre line checker located above this map ( http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ ) is not advising you that your line can avail of efibre we are unable to answer your question to the level of your satisfaction as we cannot tell when specific lines or specific cabinets will be upgraded.

We can only offer you the information available to us and we are unable to see what cabinet your line is connected and we cannot view or comment on infrastructural and operational plans to this detail.

I understand the map says efibre is available in your area however not all lines will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year.

I'm sorry I'm unable to offer you a timeframe as to when efibre will be available to your line but the line checker will remain to check going forward.

Al

I believe I'm connected directly to the telephone exchange in town rather than a cabinet.

Will this prohibit me indefinitely from getting efibre?

Also a sales rep informed me I would receive a free upgrade to 17Mb which is what my line can handle at the moment however It hasn't happened as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi riskybiscuit

Al

I believe I'm connected directly to the telephone exchange in town rather than a cabinet.

Will this prohibit me indefinitely from getting efibre?

Also a sales rep informed me I would receive a free upgrade to 17Mb which is what my line can handle at the moment however It hasn't happened as yet.

Hi riskybiscuit,

No this should have no impact on you getting the Fibre service.

To check the order you would need to contact the sales team on 1800 503 303 and they will look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement