Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot up problem: Custom PC

Options
  • 07-08-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Here's the deal:
    I bought a new PC from HWVS less than two months ago and I tried booting it up last night but it wouldn't go past the screen where it shows the motherboards brand, MSI. It won't let me access the BIOS menu or anything. Any ideas how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TGxMister

Quick overview of specs:
    AMD FX-6300 Six Core Processor @ 3.5GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 @ 2GB
    1TB HDD with about 700 GB remaining free space
    8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
    MSI 760GA-P43 mainboard.
    Hope this helps, need a reply fast!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try pressing tab (or whatever the key is to "show POST information") and see what stage the system freezes at. I would also try reseating the memory (RAM), could be something as simple as a loose module :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TGxMister

yoyo wrote: »
    Try pressing tab (or whatever the key is to "show POST information") and see what stage the system freezes at. I would also try reseating the memory (RAM), could be something as simple as a loose module :)

Nick

Thanks for the tip, I couldn't log in on Boards for a while though.
    It turned out that I can't leave my printer plugged in while my computer is off, if I do it won't boot up. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Probably not the printer but its card reader... Seen i before, some computers just won't boot with a USB drive plugged in. ;)

Advertisement