Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Email

• 07-08-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Tried time and time again and just ended up putting it off for a while but I cannot for the life of me access my student email.
    Not the only one on the course for it to happen to either, change over or something between Outlook and Office 365 or something?
    Regardless, I'm wondering if one of you fine people have had the same problem and have overcome it, and are willing to share details.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

http://mail.office365.com/

They emailed us about it but most couldn't access their email to see it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Not everybody got the email. Also I had trouble signing into the email this morning on both the new links. Good old ITD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Still can't get onto it :/
    Changed password, now it's saying that every time I have to enter characters, to prove I'm not a robot, they're incorrect. I just thought I was messing up upper and lower cases at first but after trying about 30 times, doing 3 I know for a fact were right, there's something else wrong.
    Love to ask them about it but can't access my email. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    Nuf said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

I just now enter it through Microsoft Outlook on my laptop, it comes in the Office bundle of programmes. Working fine for me so try that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Don't bother logging in- just more PVA emails!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The switch was a bad idea to be honest. It's completelly broken now for me and keeps redirecting me to an error page when I enter my credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 flea1

It tells me to sign off the 365 account that it automatically directed me to yesterday and now won't let me get into that account to sign off!! I got no notification about it from UL either. Tried doing the outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie and hotmail and neither of them work.

the 365 link doesn't work for me....

Not working again. FFS the same problem as yesterday morning. Neither email link is working for me and I need to use my emails

• Advertisement

I just emailed ITD at ITSS@ul.ie... let's see if they answer. If everyone tries we might get somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

The link in the other thread was working fine for me the last week or two, until the last few days when I couldn't access it at all. Must have tried 20 times to get in, as I was expecting an e-mail from a lecturer, and it kept telling me it didn't recognise my email address. Eventually I got in by using my password for logging onto on-campus computers etc. and not my email password. Figure that one out! This is the link that works for me:

https://www.outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie

Edit: And after typing out that, it now won't work for me either. And, I still haven't got the e-mail from my lecturer!

I got an automated response from ITSS@ul.ie and they give various options to try, like going into Students and Staff and then Student Webmail on ul.ie but nothing they suggest will work. If you send them an email through another account (gmail etc.) they will send the automated response, ignore the links they give you, they don't work... then fill out the details they ask for at the bottom of the email. That's as far as I've got, will let you all know if I have any luck!

Now I have a different error message. Do ITD just sit around all day and try to make it harder to use UL related internet pages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 ULITD

ITD has been experiencing a number of access issues with the Student Email system since Friday. In order to fully resolve these issues, ITD has removed access to the Student Email system for the remainder of this afternoon to fully investigate.

A further update will be posted this afternoon and ITD apologises for the confusion this has caused over the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 ULITD

ITD has resolved the access issues with the Student Email system and apologises for the confusion this has caused current students over the last few days.

Access your student Emails here: https://www.outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie this will redirect to a login box where you will type in your student ID number and Student Computer Account password.

Further information is available at:
    http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Information_Technology_Division/Student_Computing/Student_Email

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Villaboi!

still ain't resolved for myself... for the life of me cant get into outlook 365 at all, just keeps redirect me to my organizations sign in page and then brings up an error. Won't even allow me type my password unless I put it in first before my email. Could seriously do with getting into the account as well need to access some important stuff in there.

Followed the link and all I got was
    Error
    There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again.
    If the problem persists, contact the administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem.
    Reference number: 17f2ca90-4f1b-41c2-bdb8-0c887704bba2

I'm still trying to figure out what was wrong with the old system...

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out what was wrong with the old system...

It was old and this want is new and shiny :pac:

• Advertisement

Has anyone had any luck with getting into their studentmail yet? I just get an error message:

If the problem persists, contact the administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem.
    Reference number: 520fd6d0-6aba-41ed-82d8-6e493cec9983

NO, your studentmail is NOT resolved.... Can you explain this error message:

Reference number: 520fd6d0-6aba-41ed-82d8-6e493cec9983

I managed to get into it yesterday around 9pm. Today I'm back to the good oul error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Worked fine for me just now.

I just deleted all my cookies on internet explorer, exited, went in and tried again on their link and it worked for the first time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Weshtlad

ULITD wrote: »
    ITD has resolved the access issues with the Student Email system and apologises for the confusion this has caused current students over the last few days.

Access your student Emails here: https://www.outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie this will redirect to a login box where you will type in your student ID number and Student Computer Account password.

Further information is available at:
    http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Information_Technology_Division/Student_Computing/Student_Email

Hi ULITD,

I still cannot access my e-mail. I'm not a curent UL student as I graduated a few years ago but I need to access the account to get an important bit of information. I have tried the previous password which has worked for the past year but no luck and I've tried what I think was the code for my Student Computer Account password but no luck; how can I get this password?

Cheers

Weshtlad wrote: »
    Hi ULITD,

I still cannot access my e-mail. I'm not a curent UL student as I graduated a few years ago but I need to access the account to get an important bit of information. I have tried the previous password which has worked for the past year but no luck and I've tried what I think was the code for my Student Computer Account password but no luck; how can I get this password?

Cheers
    I think the problem is that the computer password resets each year so this has essentially locked out anyone not currently in the university for whatever reason. Think it was a terrible move in hindsight to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

I COULD get into it no bother until Friday evening. Since then, not a hope could I get into it!!! What the hell is ITD messing us about so much for?!?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marmul92

mine is f'd up too can log in some days and then others it wont let me in

• Advertisement

You will need to get on to ITD to get a new password... Good luck!

Advertisement