Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Email

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Latest email from ITD about the issue:
    Issue:

Student email has now been restored both on and off campus except for any students who have graduated in 2012 or earlier

Description:

Areas Affected:

Resolution Co-ordinator:

Technology Solutions, ITD

Reason for outage:

Following the move to Office 365 there was an intermittent issue on one of the two servers handling logons. This made the issue difficult to diagnose as some users were able to logon to mail on some PCs and not on others and also from some locations off campus but not from others.

Remedial Action:

ITD have now temporarily disabled the server with the fault and all students should be logging on via the functioning server

Further Updates:

Further updates will be posted later

ITD recognises the inconvenience that will be experienced by our customers as a result of this service disruption. Thank you for your patience

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

wtf is wrong with the email. The link doesn't work anymore. This is a joke. I've important emails to look at :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Any update on students who graduated in 2012 and still use the email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

rebel89 wrote: »
    Any update on students who graduated in 2012 and still use the email address?

On the log in page it says I.D number with DOB as the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Checked mine, finally working... nothing but spam anyways :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Jester252 wrote: »
    On the log in page it says I.D number with DOB as the password.

Tried this over and over again. Even just using Aug instead of August and it's a no go for me getting logged in :-(

I was able to access my email during the down time when everyone else was having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What the heck guys! I can't access my email at all. Try all the advice and deleted cookies etc but no dice.
    I actually have some emails I need to access and it really isn't realistic for me to drive to Limerick to check them.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Finally got my emails sorted. Had to go into the feckin college to do it! Not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ShhCat

Any idea what the IMAP settings are? Trying to set it up on my iPhone and pod51002.outlook.com isn't working anymore :/

Tried this over and over again. Even just using Aug instead of August and it's a no go for me getting logged in :-(

I was able to access my email during the down time when everyone else was having issues.

Are you just using you I.D number or are you using your email. It works for me when I log into with my email but I know people that have to use their I.D as the email won't work.

Granted you could sacrifice your first born to Molag Bal. Everyone seems to see have their own way of getting into the email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

Ah lads c'mon now this is taking the mick!

I've been trying to get into mine for ages now and I've both FYP and C&S stuff I need to get access too.

Thank god this did not happen during the semester!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

Outlook on my PC and my phone wont connect anymore :/ .. Exchange active sync is not working and pod51002.outlook.com has stopped working as well and no answer from ITD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

:mad: Uh, this email thing is driving me crazy! I couldn't get into it, told me my username/password was wrong, decided to reset my password and even though I'm not using old passwords and doing everything right it keeps telling me password not reset. Why do we need two separate accounts anyway, what is skydrive? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Latest email from ITD (sent on the staffmail list):
    Information Technology Division

Issue:

To resolve intermittent problems with Student Email logins downtime is scheduled to take place between 8am and 9am tomorrow morning (Thursday).

Description:

Problems with ADFS servers managing Student Email logins.

Areas Affected:

Access to Student Email

Reason for outage:

To carry out testing of ADFS servers which manage Student Email logins.

Remedial Action:

Planned Outage

Further Updates:

Further updates will be provided tomorrow at 9am.

ITD recognises the inconvenience experienced by our customers as a result of this service disruption. Thank you for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

So glad I just set up auto forwarding from my college email to the regular account. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

chrislad wrote: »
    So glad I just set up auto forwarding from my college email to the regular account. :)

Yeah, I did the same. Sooo much handier. Apart from having to delete the same stupid emails twice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ULITD

Any students who are still experiencing problems accessing their email should use their private email account to email the Student IT support desk at ITSS@UL.ie and provide the information below as it would appear in the student information system.
    This will allow us to verify your identity

Student ID
    Name:
    Date of Birth:
    Home address:
    Email:
    Telephone number:

Please also provide a mobile number so we can call you back to try and resolve the issues you are experiencing.
    Please provide as much detail as possible to assist us in trying to diagnose the issue you are facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I go to mail.office365.com, put in my email address and it redirects me to some UL site and I can log in there with just my ID and password. I should probably bookmark the site I'm redirected to I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 D _what

:mad: Uh, this email thing is driving me crazy! I couldn't get into it, told me my username/password was wrong, decided to reset my password and even though I'm not using old passwords and doing everything right it keeps telling me password not reset. Why do we need two separate accounts anyway, what is skydrive? :confused:

Likewise! I logged in early yesterday at work and it 'worked', but later that evening - and this morning - it refuses both my proper password and my UK computer password. The skydrive works but that's probably because it's not managed by a certain group of people! Sheesh, guys! I have a receipt I need to access on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 D _what

New stuff: I can't log in to my si.ul.ie account either. It's telling me my username or password is incorrect. And when I try to reset that, it asks me for my surname and first name, and my DOB - except apparently those details aren't recognised NY the system! I emailed the desk yesterday. They probably don't come in on a Saturday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

This time its the whole network, Sharepoint, Sulis and everything

You got to be F'n kidding me. It worked last night no problem and today its gone. What are ITD doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

This is some joke. Working fine for me the last couple of weeks, now telling me my user name or password is incorrect. Can't access email, past exam papers or get lecture notes which I badly need to do with a repeat next week. ITD sort this out. Been going on far too long now. And, I still struggle to see what was wrong with the old system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

An absolute clusterfúck of a system. Really needs to be sorted, like the user above I've to do an exam next week for my I grade and can't view past papers, also need to get into my emails for eramus stuff and I want to view all my spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

This is a f***ing joke!!!, weeks up and down to itd sorting email, working in the lib, but not on on a personal laptop in the office in mainbuilding, and all they tell me is its something with my laptop! After it working all year!! Jackasses. Now today 90% of the post grads trying to doing thesis work cant even log onto a computer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

I'm currently ringing people from my course to see if any of them have past exam papers or notes that they might have downloaded or printed around exam time last Christmas! Bad and all as it is now, if it's not fixed before everyone goes back, God knows what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The Bogman wrote: »
    This is some joke. Working fine for me the last couple of weeks, now telling me my user name or password is incorrect. Can't access email, past exam papers or get lecture notes which I badly need to do with a repeat next week. ITD sort this out. Been going on far too long now. And, I still struggle to see what was wrong with the old system.

am having same issue too. cant log into sulis for studying for repeats and cant access email to access disability provisions for exams. im definately getting my €342 worth from UL right now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The Bogman wrote: »
    I'm currently ringing people from my course to see if any of them have past exam papers or notes that they might have downloaded or printed around exam time last Christmas! Bad and all as it is now, if it's not fixed before everyone goes back, God knows what will happen.

I'm fairly sure it will be fixed quickly on Monday but people have exams next week so need it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'll cross-post this since more people having issues seem to be subbed to this thread:

Paddy just posted this on the SU FB:
    Calls logged to ITD have proven to be fruitless at the weekend - In an attempt to get everyone sorted I have access to sharepoint for exam papers/ and some lecture notes that would appear on sharepoint - Whilst I'm trying to get access to sulis I can help out anyone that needs exam papers or lecture notes. I know this is not Ideal but we're not happy to see students without exam papers and notes so what ever way I can help you let me know.

What I will need from you is:

Name
    Module
    Module code
    Exam paper YES//NO (as in do you want exam papers)
    Lecture Notes YES/NO (as in be specific about what notes you need e.g wk 2 sem 1)

You will need an alternative email for me to email them to you. I know this seems ridiculous at this stage but if we cant get ITD your Students Union has to get you sorted by other means. Its not Ideal but its the best way I can think to help you.

Hopefully we'll have you all sorted with exam papers and notes by thisafternoon.

FB mail your details
    Paddy

So if you need papers popping him or the SU a message on FB should get you sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm glad it's not just my student email that is f*cking up. Tried changing my password too so I don't know if I'll be using my old or new one once it starts working again :o

Advertisement