Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Email

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Fair play to Paddy and the guys in the SU for going the extra mile. For anybody having issues and Paddy can't help try emailing the lectures. They know whats going on and will more or likely help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I thought I put the right password in for the email account but when it said it was incorrect I went to reset it but it just keeps telling me password not reset even though I'm not using an old password!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I thought I put the right password in for the email account but when it said it was incorrect I went to reset it but it just keeps telling me password not reset even though I'm not using an old password!!!

If you email them at ITSS@ul.ie they'll sort it out for you. They sorted mine out fairly quickly. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15 D _what

^ I can vouch for this. Mine was the exact same - it's a fairly ridiculous problem to have in the first place though. Just email them with the password reset link and you'll be back on in no time.

Though I wonder if the passwords have already been reset... I'm tempted to try a few of my friend's emails just to see - something about the one I was given tells me I'm not the only one who had it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Im a first year and Im having trouble signing into my @studentmail.ul.ie email. Should I email ITSS@UL.ie about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

ray2012 wrote: »
    If you email them at ITSS@ul.ie they'll sort it out for you. They sorted mine out fairly quickly. :P
    Thank you :) Will do! Just worried I might be missing some important emails or something! Though I doubt it!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

FFS, got ITD to reset my password, could get into my UL homepage ok (the login on the on-campus computers) but still wont let me get into my feckin email! This is ridiculous! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

AAAH. What the hell is up with this.

I WAS able to login to studentmail via the office365 thing at home. It wouldnt work on campus at all

Now I cant login at home (even with a changed password) or on campus either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

AAAH. What the hell is up with this.

I WAS able to login to studentmail via the office365 thing at home. It wouldnt work on campus at all

Now I cant login at home (even with a changed password) or on campus either!
    I had the same problem earlier. But it seems fixed as of 2 hours ago for me.

A tip to anyone looking to setup email on phone (iPhone specifically) again. Just set it up via Microsoft Exchange and it's as simple as inputting login details.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah here lads. :mad:

I was able to log in fine as recently as Wednesday at home, tried logging in here in Dromroe now and nothing. This is a bit of a shambles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah here lads. :mad:

I was able to log in fine as recently as Wednesday at home, tried logging in here in Dromroe now and nothing. This is a bit of a shambles...

I'm still at home but I can get in fine

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I'm still at home but I can get in fine

I'm going to mail.office365.com, putting in my studentmail address, it says it's redirecting me to my organization, this pops up:

270731.JPG

Which is how it was working for me at home.

I put in my ID number and password, but it just blanks out again. Doesn't say "incorrect password" or anything.

I've tried using both just my ID number and ID@Studentmail as my username.
    I've tried my computer password, my email password, my DOB in several formats (DDMMYYYY, DDMMYY, DD/MM/YY, etc) and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm going to mail.office365.com, putting in my studentmail address, it says it's redirecting me to my organization, this pops up:

I put in my ID number and password, but it just blanks out again. Doesn't say "incorrect password" or anything.

I've tried my computer password, my email password, my DOB in several formats (DDMMYYYY, DDMMYY, DD/MM/YY, etc) and nothing.

This is exactly the same problem I'm suffering on campus! Works through a proxy though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Have you tried making a pact with the devil?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

270731.JPG

You need to put in ul\ before your id. eg. ul\12345678 and then the password you use to log into a UL computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

I'm having the exact same problem as wnolan. It worked fine until I arrived in dromroe...

Niall09 wrote: »
    You need to put in ul\ before your id. eg. ul\12345678 and then the password you use to log into a UL computer.

No joy. :(

Expat Shield worked... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Can't get into mine at all. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Mine is working fine using this link:
    https://www.outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie

It has been fancied-up a bit, might be affecting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Can't get into mine at all. :/

Not working for me on Chrome either so if you're using that browser try a different one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RachealB

I am having different issue I think.. When I go into mail telling me incorrect password and go into password reset and allows me change it( at this stage runnin out of ideas for passwords) and when I try email later getting incorrect password (I am 1st year) and really buggin me.. Can we go into IT?? in college or is it just email

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I can only access my email on my laptop if I use the internet connection on my phone. If its hooked up to the internet on campus (living in Dromroe) it doesn't work at all until I've already signed in using the other internet connection.

If that makes any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

OK so apparently you have to go to the student portal and click on "My Mail" and that should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

New post grad here. How do I set up my email?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If I recall, you go to the library. They have a machine there. You'll need your id card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Has this been solved yet

I emailed ITD saying I could only access it off campus or by hiding my IP, they responded by saying it was a problem with my laptop.

You'll excuse me if I'm skeptical that both my laptops are somehow suddenly after getting allergic to UL's network over the summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

I was not able to access my email on my laptop in the Library using chrome, but I was able to using firefox, but I had to use "ul\01******" as the username not just my ID number.

On my phone using chrome when connected to the UL wireless I could not access my email but I could when I switched to 3G still using chrome.. they just made a bad email even worse!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Advertisement